PDA

View Full Version : Help a fellow enthusiast save his puppy :(

OCZSpeedJunky
10-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Hey guys, wanted to get the word out to as many people and fellow PC forum enthusiasts that I could regarding this guys situation.

Please, take a look at his post that I linked from HardForums about his sick puppy. He's actually trying to sell his brand new PC he just built to help cover the bills, but alot of us also have been sending him donations to help him out.

So, I know there are alot of us who have a heart and might be able to help a fellow enthusiast out, so please, if ya can, maybe help with a donation of a couple bucks. I know most of us can't flip out $2000 for a PC right now, but any donations will help. All the info you need is linked below. It would be greatly appreciated, and going to a great cause. Thanks for taking the time to check this out, and if ya can, please pass the word along to friends. Every little bit helps. And if you veiw this post, please give a bump to help keep it up where people will see it. Thanks in advance to everyone.

OCZ

Link to post: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1114374&page=1&pp=20

*Mods, if I by chance violated any rule by posting this, I apologize, never meant too. If this is needing to be moved, please place it in the proper area. It would be very appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

WesM63
10-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Good ideal, i saw this last night. I'd flip him a $20 if i had the cash. I love malmues!!

Shpoon
10-30-2006, 07:20 PM
My dog passed away 6 months ago from lung cancer....and I never knew I could feel so horrible, I'll definitely donate.

(Need a week to put money into paypal...)

Noob-ftw
10-30-2006, 07:34 PM
I feel so sad. I'm only 16 so I can't really let my parents know that I'm giving people money over the internet =_=

Shpoon
10-30-2006, 08:22 PM
I feel so sad. I'm only 16 so I can't really let my parents know that I'm giving people money over the internet =_=

Why not? I'm 16, and I have full control of my money, my parents would support my decision. If you have to use their money/resources to send a donation, tell them to take $10/$20 off of your next birthday, or Christmas. Or if you get an allowance, or lunch money, don't take it for a couple weeks.

I guarantee that you'll feel so great if you do this...or if they still don't want it because of "internet scams" donate to a charitable cause.

I like: http://www.ovc.uoguelph.ca/friends_supporters/pet_trust.shtm

The university of guelph has a specific area geared towards the well-being and health of our closest friends.

Quest_7F
10-30-2006, 09:49 PM
aww man, if only i had read this 5 minutes earlier and 120 bucks ago

JPeitzman
10-30-2006, 10:33 PM
I feel for him, Mal's hold a very deep and soft spot in my heart. I posted this on my Facebook profile, hopefully I can generate some interest there as well. I want to see pictures of this dog out and playing in his yard again in like a month or so, good luck.

afireinside
10-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Why not? I'm 16, and I have full control of my money, my parents would support my decision.

Maybe he has parents like mine who don't give a :banana::banana::banana::banana: about people on the internet they've never met, talked to, or have any reason to trust? Sorry to sound so cold but I know a lot of parents don't want to give their money away in the first place, and certainly not on the internet.

xpsentity
10-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Original at H got locked for no permission to solicit donations or something.

My gf works at an emergency clinic, she's told me stories of peoples bills reaching over THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS for cancer dogs, etc. 10k is a normal figure over there.

We're all in the wrong business.

Serra
10-31-2006, 01:37 PM
I hate to be the first person to sound heartless here, but you can get a brand-spanking new dog for free and the put-down costs can be easily trivialized. All of us who aren't vegetarians have clearly made our choice about the value of an animals life in relation to our convenience, and I'm just saying that IMO this animal has clearly crossed the value line. If you want a possible deal on a computer, go ahead... but I'm going to caution people about giving money to a guy who had made less than 237 posts in 2 years on a forum, who will not accept Paypal to an account of his own, demands that he gets the money in his hands before shipping, has next to no heat, and claims to have an expired eBay account.

And before anyone responds with "Have you ever had to go through blah blah blah", yes. I have. I've put down a number of pets myself including *my* cat of 13 years who slept on my bed with me every night.

Sorry for the rant but also consider this: considering the number of charaties that keep children in Africa alive for $1 a day or less, how many HUMANS could his money have saved instead?

Edit: Although I won't offer money for the reasons stated above, I do offer e-sympathy for his plight.

OCZSpeedJunky
10-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey Serra & afireinside, trust me, I understand your points and position. I was hesitant as all hell to even beleive anything too, but, I figured once he had setup the an account donation website, heck, what's $5 gonna hurt. If I lose it and got scammed, oh well, if I didn't I helped him with taking care of his sick pup. No harm no foul. But, I do completely understand your points. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion.
For everyone else, if you want to help a bit, cool, if not and ya feel uneasy about trsuting the guy, that's cool too. I just wanted to help get the word out and see if others might give him a hand.
Though I do agree that the cost of the debt will greatly outweigh the cost of getting a new puppy, those of us who have had animals for a long time know, it is extremely hard to let an animal go. Heck, I had to get rid of my cat 'cuz the new landlord didn't want cats, yet, he accepted dogs?? Believe me, it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do in getting rid of my cat "Boots". But, it had to be done.
At any rate, it's up to the owner whether or not they are willing to put the animal down or deal with a ton of possibly outrageous medical bills. As an animal person, I'd do everything I could to avoid putting my pet down and having him/her put too sleep.
But, for those who did taker the time to read and donate, I'm sure the owner is extremely happy to have people like you in this world. Thanks for taking the time, it's very appreciate.

OCZ

osiris999
10-31-2006, 07:04 PM
why doesnt he have his own paypal?

OCZSpeedJunky
11-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Not sure. He may have had the same problem I did a couple years back, and may not have a checking account or CC to link to his Paypal, which really makes it a pain when it comes to sending or using any money in the account. I'll ask him. I'm waiting for him to reply to a PM I sent earlier. The thread has been locked on [H] do to it not falling within the forum rules. It needs to be approved by Kyle, which it probably won't , due to the fact that if he did approve it, then there'd be thousands of people setting up similiar threads for ridiculous stuff. Understandable, and, well, it's the rules. I'll let ya know though what he says about his PP account. Said before he was going to setup a new account, not sure if he did or not. He setup the donation account at the one website because he didn't want to setup a PP account. Who knows. But, I'll let ya know.

OCZ