PDA

View Full Version : Who was the COMcast crawler?

Mc Intosh
10-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Can't seem to find it, but wanted to point out this:

KAMCOBILL is probably not known to many of the participants - he was taking part in GRUB project (that was similar, but got closed around this time last year), sadly Bill had misfortune to have Comcast ISP and he did not slow down crawling when they warned him to do so (never ignore any warnings from ISP!), for a short time he was even crawling on dial-up

:eek:

Alltough he got a server named after him, be careful, it's not worth it!

http://www.majestic12.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2174

mad mikee
10-30-2006, 10:59 AM
For a day here & there...

[XC]melymel
10-30-2006, 11:31 AM
I think there have been a few on the team who have had to drop out thanks to commiecast. Dak's an obivous one for some reason they didn't like 7 figure dailies that he was doing :rofl:

[XC] DragonOrta
10-30-2006, 11:37 AM
I hate Comcast.

Mc Intosh
10-30-2006, 11:56 AM
No other options?

Besides moving overhere where you can down 50+ GB daily without any trouble :D

hawkeyefan
10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
No other options?

Besides moving overhere where you can down 50+ GB daily without any trouble :D

cable in the US is typically limited to a single provider in a given geographic area. i.e. west metro of Minneapolis/St.Paul is Time Warner, east metro is CommieCast. So where you live decides your provider:( . Sadly for most the only other choice is slower DSL, though many cities are planning/building municipal wireless networks.

[cTx]Philosophy
10-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Umm I was just about to make my own poast about this, but itll fit just fine in here..

Today I woke up and had 3 missed calls from comcast reps, saying they have something very urgent to speak to me about, Geeee... I wonder what this conversations gonna be about?

Any ideas :)

[XC] DragonOrta
10-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Philosophy']Umm I was just about to make my own poast about this, but itll fit just fine in here..

Today I woke up and had 3 missed calls from comcast reps, saying they have something very urgent to speak to me about, Geeee... I wonder what this conversations gonna be about?

Well, it was good having you on the MJ12 team while it lasted, Philosophy. I guess you won't have to worry about turning MJ12 off when you go to play BF2 anymore.

DAK1640
10-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Philosophy']Umm I was just about to make my own poast about this, but itll fit just fine in here..

Philosophy, You were kicking butt too. I know exactly what commiecast wants to talk about, I can even give you quotes...lol Also, I know from experience, once you're on their watch list, you stay on for awhile. They told me they were going to remove my spleen in July. I laid low and stopped in July-Aug and most of September. Then I my BDay I did 3,000,000 and went into early Oct. They actually shut me off for awhile. Then MM needed help to pass Free DC like a week or so ago, again I cranked up for 2-3 days. Again they called and said they were going to give me a modem (not those exact words). Now I fret when my son runs his lanparty's. Doing low volume of Dimes now and every once in awhile when MM tells me to crank up, I run a day or two burst.

They have no sense of humor here friend, they can shut you down from their office, force you to call or come see them. They can't relate to a TB of data downloads per month, for any cause or sport. They just sharpen their knives to cleanly remove spleen's, and I like mine, has been working well. If you don't call, they simply shut you down. They interrupted my wifey's Digital TV too, wow, now she threatened far worse than my spleen.

Good luck. I have now survived 6 phone calls and 2 personal visits. Those commie's:toast:

hawkeyefan
10-30-2006, 05:22 PM
2 personal visits

are you serious?!?:eek: :eek: :eek:

NickS
10-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Wow haha. I might install MJ12 just to see if Road Runner says anything :p:

WesM63
10-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Damn, Glad I work for an ISP! Unfourantly a co-worker keeps shutting down my pc that runs MJ-12.

[XC] moddolicous
10-30-2006, 05:38 PM
I have ~386gb downloaded on this comp alone, and I think I have another 100gb or so on my other. Havent had a single warning or anything.

[XC] DragonOrta
10-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah, Commie decided 740gb was too much in a months time. Thankfully there have been no more calls since the first one.

bullet2urbrain
10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Wow haha. I might install MJ12 just to see if Road Runner says anything :p:

I'm waiting except i cant get RR to really suck down the bandwidth.. i really wanna cripple the neighborhood..

[cTx]Philosophy
10-30-2006, 09:01 PM
I havent returned the calls yet, I wonder if theyll just turn me off, ill tell them I lost my cell phone and thats why I havent received their calls..

:)

Mc Intosh
10-31-2006, 02:15 AM
I don't quite get it.

If i do let's say 3.5 mil url's a day, that's about 50 MB in download. How can an ISP complain about that?

leviathon-nz
10-31-2006, 02:48 AM
IM not too sure how you come up with that figure? I've only done 100000urls or so so far and my download for thats was about 1.5gig:( needless to say ill be running this program only if really needed or at the end of the month since I have a 100GB data limit on my line currently.

DAK1640
10-31-2006, 03:25 AM
are you serious?!?:eek: :eek: :eek:
Yes, I went to one of their offices to attempt to negotiate...Hopeless.
Also, I am the 1st tap off of their distribution box, so I cause blackouts. I ran over 1 TB for 3 months before they caught me. Now I am doing Dimes again...:mad:

Mc Intosh
10-31-2006, 04:13 AM
IM not too sure how you come up with that figure? I've only done 100000urls or so so far and my download for thats was about 1.5gig:( needless to say ill be running this program only if really needed or at the end of the month since I have a 100GB data limit on my line currently.

If I am correct i downed 902,304 Mb, and that's around 51 mil. url's... http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=maj&team=XtremeSystems
If I am reading correct that's less then 1 Gb? Not sure about the ' , '

leviathon-nz
10-31-2006, 04:35 AM
Umm that would be 902 Gb well actually a little less but close enough

DAK1640
10-31-2006, 04:50 AM
902GB ? You obviously need to up by 98GB more...C'mon leviathon-nz, you can do it...:toast:

leviathon-nz
10-31-2006, 05:34 AM
If I'm reading that one right you would like me to use the rest of my 100gb? at least i think thats it, if you were referring to my math I've always been hopeless at that. I really would love to just go use it up but then i would be stuck on dialup and i only got this 2 days ago, im just trying to savor 24mbit down for a bit.:)

Mc Intosh
10-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Umm that would be 902 Gb well actually a little less but close enough

Holy :banana::banana::banana::banana:... you mean to tell me I downed that much in a little over 2 weeks :eek:

I think i'll get an email soon enough... realy had no idea i was downing that much!

[XC]melymel
10-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Holy :banana::banana::banana::banana:... you mean to tell me I downed that much in a little over 2 weeks :eek:

I think i'll get an email soon enough... realy had no idea i was downing that much!

That sounds about right I can do about 500GB on a good month. Don't Worry though some ISP's are relaxed and live up to the unlimited bandwidth adverts, AOL have been fine with mine for months. Wouldn't it class as false advertising if they say unlimited but then tell you to stop? I thought you americans would have sued them instantly for that :p: j/k.

:toast: