PDA

View Full Version : Pc Load Letter???? Wtf Does Tht Mean!?!??!?

an0nym0us
10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
for all you guys that didnt understand the pc load letter thing here's a pic of why boinc isn't running on my laptop. fix it for me b*tches! lolz jk here's what it's doin i need that 21st machine runnning boinc so i can give movieman a run for his money.... gramps i'm gunnin for ya.

http://xs108.xs.to/xs108/06441/pcloadletterwtf.jpg

no matter how many different ways i've tried (re-dl, etc) it will say that at the beginning of the install. help!

Shpoon
10-29-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't know, but I was drawn in by the title like a moth to a light!

On family guy today, they had Bill Lumberg (sp?) as a guest star tell Lois why she had to sit at the kid's table.

"Yaaaaa, I'm gonna need you to sit at the kid's table....ya...." (he had the coffee cup and all).

an0nym0us
10-29-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't know, but I was drawn in by the title like a moth to a light!

On family guy today, they had Bill Lumberg (sp?) as a guest star tell Lois why she had to sit at the kid's table.

"Yaaaaa, I'm gonna need you to sit at the kid's table....ya...." (he had the coffee cup and all).
actually it means paper collator load letter sized paper, now it's a f*ckin joke. help me install this crap

Movieman
10-29-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm not helping while you call me Gramps!
Levi is the only one allowed to do that!:D
As to catching me,hmm, ok: Come and get me pal..
Bring it or Sling it!:rofl:
(Mike047: Explain that line to him. He's too young to know it!)

an0nym0us
10-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Bring it or Sling it!:rofl;
call me old man ### ### ####, don't get mad cause im kickin your a$$

njkid32
10-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Bring it or Sling it!:rofl;

Hey Gramps:rofl:

an0nym0us
10-29-2006, 07:31 PM
damn it will any of you guys help me get my laptop crunching? or any i kickin your asses so hard that you don't want me to run any more machines?

nn_step
10-29-2006, 07:44 PM
PC Load letter = Printer is out of paper.
If what is on the Laptop isn't important, I suggest you download XSOS 2.02
http://nnstep.com/help/XSOS%20v2.02/ extract the Rar, install the OS on your hard drive and then you shouldn't have any problems with Bionic

[XC] flat-four
10-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Double check the drive you are trying to install to. If your c: drive isn't a hard drive(cd-rom etc) it can give error messages like that.

an0nym0us
10-29-2006, 07:58 PM
PC Load letter = Printer is out of paper.
If what is on the Laptop isn't important, I suggest you download XSOS 2.02
http://nnstep.com/help/XSOS%20v2.02/ extract the Rar, install the OS on your hard drive and then you shouldn't have any problems with Bionic
im not changing the OS this is my work laptop

STEvil
10-29-2006, 08:47 PM
"the path my documents toshiba contains an invalid character"

unicode settings?

an0nym0us
10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
"the path my documents toshiba contains an invalid character"

unicode settings?
teach me the ways, it's my school laptop so im not reformatting it

rob725
10-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Do you even have a path anywhere near what the message is complaining about? Where is the install file located when you run it?

an0nym0us
10-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Do you even have a path anywhere near what the message is complaining about? Where is the install file located when you run it?
desktop

[XC] serlv
10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
or am i kickin your asses so hard that you don't want me to run any more machines?
who? what? where?

dude, where you at?

an0nym0us
10-29-2006, 09:20 PM
who? what? where?

dude, where you at?
with the mid range guys

STEvil
10-29-2006, 09:31 PM
This is for Win2k, but same applies.

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/user/2kintlsupp.mspx

[XC] serlv
10-29-2006, 09:40 PM
with the mid range guys

I'm just messin'. :stick:
I was young and boisterous at one time, too.

Keep crunchin' strong. You're doing well.

Movieman
10-29-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm just messin'. :stick:
I was young and boisterous at one time, too.

Keep crunchin' strong. You're doing well.
He's a good kid but still full of piss and vinegar!:D
He did say "mid range guys"??
That's where I am at 737K but I don't see him anywhere near me??????
AHHH, there he is! Yes, mid range, mid 200K range.:stick:
Well I guess it's only fair to give him time, he just got into this and is new.

Jose
10-30-2006, 04:32 AM
Hey an0nym0us: Chances are these guys have never seen a laptop in their lives....

Some of them are using Boinc for DOS...

Could you be so kind as to paste and copy the path that is giving you the headaches ? That way we can see what illegal character is there , and thus can give you a better idea of what is going on.

PS:
I take it you are a relative youngling? Warning: the http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/men9.gif in here (they know who they are) then do be a tad http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Everything_Else/Clocks/Cuckoo_clock.gif so they will go off topic every now and then: do not let that disturb you.

That said...you seemed a tad upthight in some of your middle posts..... chill it sparky :) :)

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-30-2006, 07:32 AM
they will go off topic every now and then: do not let that disturb you.

Every now and then? I have not seen a topic stay on the path in a looooog time on here. :nono:
O wait I just went :doh: :off: :slap:

Ok, OT is that all it is saying or does it give you a path or string code?

leviathon-nz
10-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Can you create a new admin account on the laptop? If you can, make a new one and use it to install boinc as a service (I would assume that you would do this anyway) and then go back to your normal login and delete the newly created account. Boinc should now work fine. If that seems like too much work you could try just changing the directory that boinc default installs to to something different like C:\BOINC\ and that should get around the error. And if neither of those work ill go off and do some more research.:)

an0nym0us
10-30-2006, 08:31 AM
ok
it shows that error before i even do anything
i mean when i hit the executable

an0nym0us
10-30-2006, 08:33 AM
no worries jose it's all in good fun, our team will push it to the limit. [/SCARFACE]

leviathon-nz
10-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Hmm so you did try running it under another user? Looks like its back to the drawing board for me.

nn_step
10-30-2006, 08:55 AM
im not changing the OS this is my work laptop
Businesses often lock such ablities. So I am assuming it isn't yours and this would fall under Borging. And we do not tolerate that

an0nym0us
10-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Businesses often lock such ablities. So I am assuming it isn't yours and this would fall under Borging. And we do not tolerate that
i got it... i just created another admin acct on the laptop and i'm running it now

an0nym0us
10-31-2006, 09:47 AM
actually it is my machine. i don't do anything without anyone's permission. it's all about ethics baby.