PDA

View Full Version : Help - Dual monitors and SLi on intel???

Shadoxity
10-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone,

After reading around on google and whatnot, i found someone saying that if u get an ATi PCI card, as a 3rd video card then you can use a 2nd monitor on SLi...

so i went out and bought a ATI PCI card (low end.) and i am having problems getting it working, and i think it has to do with the hacked drivers.

What happens, is i will have all 3 cards in, install the ATI and NVIDIA drivers.

restart the system, and when i click on the display properties it comes up with something about the driver being old, and the nvidia cards wont work!!!

Does anyone have any ideas how i can get this working?

Thanks heaps!

Hardware:

2x 7600GT's
asus P5WDH Delux
ATI PCI card

Shadoxity
10-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Bump,

Come on, surely some of u have an idea?

Robilar
10-30-2006, 08:31 PM
nvidia and ati drivers always conflict. Why not get a cheap 3rd nvidia based card? PCI based of course

newegg has an evga fx5200 for $50

Shadoxity
10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
nvidia and ati drivers always conflict. Why not get a cheap 3rd nvidia based card? PCI based of course

newegg has an evga fx5200 for $50

I thought of that, but it was said on the site i read where someone did this, that the drivers would take over the PCI card aswell cause its nvidia....

JokerCPoC
10-30-2006, 09:02 PM
I thought of that, but it was said on the site i read where someone did this, that the drivers would take over the PCI card aswell cause its nvidia....
And that's why I didn't suggest that, Nice idea, But useless:( . But Ya both get an A for effort, I just need some modded XP x64 Nvidia video drivers. :(