PDA

View Full Version : boinc scheduling

bazx
10-29-2006, 03:27 AM
is it possible pick a time when a computer can be used for projects

ie when the staff have gone home for the day and to stop before there return to work?

just like you set your anti-virus to scan at a set time each day

Brettbeck
10-29-2006, 03:40 AM
Im pretty sure its under options somewhere, on the online configuration. You can set all the times you want it to run.

bazx
10-29-2006, 03:43 AM
Im pretty sure its under options somewhere, on the online configuration. You can set all the times you want it to run.

how does that work i thought the local computer would decide

bazx
10-29-2006, 03:51 AM
ok thanks brett i have found the section on the web for the config

so i guess i set that up and then tick run based on preference?

Brettbeck
10-29-2006, 04:15 AM
Yea that should be it :). After that just remember to update BONIC, so it applies the new preferences.

I suppose it would work fine if you are just using 1 machine, but if you are using several it will apply those settings to everything using your account. Unless you set windows up to run BONIC at a specific time (start > settings > control panel > scheduled tasks > add scheduled task). You can set the times for it to run etc from there :).

[XC] Malkec
10-29-2006, 05:05 AM
You go to wcg / my grid / device manager / device profiles / create a new profile (work - I suppose those computers are at work :D ) / click on profile name / And under "do work only between hours: " Set the desired time. / Then you select the profile for each computer in device profiles (you click on the machine name and select the profile.

Then you just click update in BOINC.

That should be it. I hope you understand what to do ;)

bazx
10-29-2006, 05:35 AM
You go to wcg / my grid / device manager / device profiles / create a new profile (work - I suppose those computers are at work :D ) / click on profile name / And under "do work only between hours: " Set the desired time. / Then you select the profile for each computer in device profiles (you click on the machine name and select the profile.

Then you just click update in BOINC.

That should be it. I hope you understand what to do ;)

yes that makes sense

i have 10 computers which are turned on 24/7 but are only used for 9 hours
a day monday to friday and then are totally free weekends

i need to be able to configure all 10 computers to run projects in off hours

so would it be better if bionic ran as a service ?

also can you only run one project at a time per computer

thanks baz