PDA

View Full Version : Lian Li Cube Case Now Available In US!

Reinvented
10-28-2006, 09:49 AM
The long awaited Lian Li Cube Case is now available in the United States at some select places.

This was the case, that was shown around from a store in Norway. A bit more elegant in my opinion than a Mountain Mods cube. :clap: :woot: :clap:

It is here (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=204&products_id=20821)

Not sure if this is news or not, but thought i'd post it.

jetjaguar
10-28-2006, 09:52 AM
wow .. pretty nice .. wanna see what mods performance-pcs are gonna offer on it

JoeBar
10-28-2006, 10:31 AM
A bit more elegant in my opinion than a Mountain Mods cube. :clap: :woot: :clap:
Not so versatile as MM and designed without wc'ing in mind.

ChongL
10-28-2006, 10:31 AM
it's been out for more than week now at P-PCs actually..but I agree...it looks very elegant despite it's large size

Turtle 1
10-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Looks like a modders dream for using large enclosed water set ups . I think I will order a couple on monday . See what my the guys can do with these

cupra
10-28-2006, 12:23 PM
i didnt like it at all, wird case :)

Reinvented
10-28-2006, 12:38 PM
How can you NOT like it? It's a great watercooling case, given that you get some bracket adapters. ;)

sladesurfer
10-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Here's a video review http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/4708/48/

thunderstruck!
10-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Not so versatile as MM and designed without wc'ing in mind.
I agree. the MM cube case is made for watercooling.

Shift
10-28-2006, 12:58 PM
I saw it at Xoxide for a long while. Or maybe it was in for pre-order :/

This case is a really good alternative to MM. MM cubes cost alot more and this case has windows, and you can always dremel some holes to run tubes through. Also you get to decide wheater or not you want a tri rad or a dual rad.

EDIT: I don't get what you all mean when you say it isn't as versatile for WC. Just take out the drive bays and put in a tri rad or w/e. I saw this at OC forums on their review of the case.

eXa
10-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah, u can fit 2 tripple rads in it without any modding at all! of course u dont need that, but u can!
And there is much sweet equipment u can get to it!

Mord
10-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah, u can fit 2 tripple rads in it without any modding at all! of course u dont need that, but u can!
And there is much sweet equipment u can get to it!
Nope! You can fit a whole waterchiller inside this... cube. ;)

OMFG

osiris999
10-28-2006, 08:18 PM
and its so cheap...... not. just buy a full tower and mod it. its more fun that way

NightCrawler™
10-29-2006, 02:59 AM
I love it but I'm not going to replace my V2000 with it....

Turtle 1
10-29-2006, 06:59 AM
I love it but I'm not going to replace my V2000 with it....

Ya I love the V2000. wonderfull cases. We been using these. But I got to try these. Once we complete one well decide on overall looks and fisability.

My manifold water set ups with flow control really are cramped v2000 this will also give customers a choice.

JoeBar
10-29-2006, 12:51 PM
How can you NOT like it? It's a great watercooling case, given that you get some bracket adapters. ;)
And a dremel...
I would like to see how are u going to fit your PA inside it plus feeding it with some fresh air... :p:

For me, the games with "normal" air cooling cases has ended. I'm going the MM's way... :woot:

Turtle 1
10-29-2006, 01:19 PM
And a dremel...
I would like to see how are u going to fit your PA inside it plus feeding it with some fresh air... :p:

For me, the games with "normal" air cooling cases has ended. I'm going the MM's way... :woot:

Your kidding right . Tell me your kidding:shock2:

eXa
10-29-2006, 01:55 PM
yeah, like i stated before, u can fit 2 pa120.3 without any modding at all and they both get fresh air!

JoeBar
10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
OK guys, i guess u're talking about a front 5.25 bay mount and of course replacing the stock 5.25 bay covers with something that can have air pass through it (with questionable looks unless u're a skilled modder), or just completely remove them and have your brand new and expensive case look like :banana::banana::banana::banana:...
Plus its default air cooling sucks. :p:
Just be realistic. It has the room but it's not designed for wc'ing. I can get this Lian Li cube here for 60% of the price of what MM will cost me to have it delivered from UK but still i prefer MM.

D_o_S
10-30-2006, 10:15 AM
OK guys, i guess u're talking about a front 5.25 bay mount and of course replacing the stock 5.25 bay covers with something that can have air pass through it (with questionable looks unless u're a skilled modder), or just completely remove them and have your brand new and expensive case look like :banana::banana::banana::banana:...
Just be realistic. It has the room but it's not designed for wc'ing. I can get this Lian Li cube here for 60% of the price of what MM will cost me to have it delivered from UK but still i prefer MM.

Well, Lian Li offers perforated brackets...

http://www.microplex.no/product.aspx?pid=LLBAYCOVP525B&mcat=

so... um... I definitely prefer the Lian Li.

Turtle 1
10-30-2006, 12:11 PM
That perforated bracket is ok . But a better solution would be to buy a small sheet of perforated alu. and take it to any sheet metal shop and have it bent to fit . Using one of the stock brakets as a model. Be much cleaner and neater. One thing that has always bothered me about the windowed Raptors is were to install so you could see the coolness of these.

After I seen this case I new what we were going to do. The drive bays were easy thing to figure out were to put the rad. and make a nice grill using perforated alu sheet metal . As the grill could serve as a rad mount also.

On the raptor thing we decided to use a sheet of plexiglass and machine around the window area the exact shape of the window on the raptors so that the machined recess area fits flush with the top of the case. We also decided that 1/4 inch plexiglass would be best so we could drill a hole in it to install small led for lighting. . Now the brakets to hold the raptor is really easy guys. use L shaped sheet metal and drill holes were you mount to the raptors than simply mount them to plexiglass. . Now mounting plexiglass to case is a matter of choice simple holes threw the plexiglass and case is the simple way. But we won't do that instead use a braket like this

__:--- <- plexiglass goes under this lip

^ use a metal bonding product here to hold braket on case 2 sides and a back stop. Keep in mind that the braket will be reversed from what i am showing as these brakets are on the inside top of your case. We won't use the backstop as the recess on the plexiglass will hold the rators in place . I know most can't do the recess.

I hope this gives some of you guys some really simple ways of performing modds on these case, Just so you guys know . when ever i have some work to do on a pc case . I always right modds so the guys know I am talking about PC parts. I know its mods.

dukenukem
10-30-2006, 09:34 PM
looks to be very good for doing watercooling.

Philly_Boy
10-31-2006, 03:59 PM
looks to be very good for doing watercooling.
After checking this case out I still prefer my MM U2-UFO. My case has more windows and is pre set for a dual or trip rad w/c set up like the new HL Black Ice GTX series. Plus as I am w/c'ing my 7950's and have a cascade for my cpu I still have plenty of air movement over my ram and pwm area. My case also looks badazz with the blue led's in the fans and the uv yellow and blue cables.

Anyway, this offering by Lian-Li will only help MM sell more U2-UFO's.

eXa
10-31-2006, 06:40 PM

U dont get it!
They have brackets for the rad:
http://www.microplex.no/productimages/ccradbrackets/ccradbrackets_org.jpg

And bay covers wich is perforated(with removable dust filter):
http://www.microplex.no/productimages/ccfanmodule/ccfanmodule_org.jpg
http://www.microplex.no/productimages/llbaycovp525b/llbaycovp525b_org.jpg

eXa
10-31-2006, 06:43 PM
oh btw; u can buy windowed side panel and they understand that the drivebay walls aint pretty so the window doesnt cover thoose unlike many others!

http://www.microplex.no/productimages/w343bl/w343bl_380.jpg

Edit: there is really lot of nice equipment to this case, and its when u start buying all that, it really gets expensive :p
http://www.microplex.no/product.aspx?pid=PC343B
dual psu bracket, cover for those 80mm\120mm holes....

rpg711
10-31-2006, 06:44 PM
The long awaited Lian Li Cube Case is now available in the United States at some select places.

This was the case, that was shown around from a store in Norway. A bit more elegant in my opinion than a Mountain Mods cube. :clap: :woot: :clap:

It is here (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=204&products_id=20821)

Not sure if this is news or not, but thought i'd post it.
+19$ for a blow hole?
lol they are charging alot arnt they?
and what exactly is the point?
it looks like a copy of tt mozart

Turtle 1
11-01-2006, 06:29 AM
+19$ for a blow hole?
lol they are charging alot arnt they?
and what exactly is the point?
it looks like a copy of tt mozart

I believe the point is that he thought this would be of interest to XS crowd . He is correct this case has great watercooling abilities. I should recieve the 2 I ordered today . The quality of Lian li is unmatched.

JoeBar
11-01-2006, 06:49 AM
oh btw; u can buy windowed side panel and they understand that the drivebay walls aint pretty so the window doesnt cover thoose unlike many others!

Edit: there is really lot of nice equipment to this case, and its when u start buying all that, it really gets expensive :p
Exactly my point. If i would have to buy all these, it gets way more expensive than MM... ;)

Turtle 1
11-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Exactly my point. If i would have to buy all these, it gets way more expensive than MM... ;)

Non sense Mountain modds are Ok. But the Drive bay for Cds ect are ugly . Nor does MM come close to the quality of a lianli case.

MM $369 Dualality $379 LL $349+ quality.

JoeBar
11-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Don't forget to put in your equation the word uniqueness next to MM... ;)

Shift
11-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Nor does MM come close to the quality of a lianli case.

MM $369 Dualality $379 LL $349+ quality.

Ignorant post. Everyone that owned a MM case here said it is a quality case and matches the quality of a Lian Li. The case isn't made up of plastic.

I would go for the LL cube if you want a cube case without all the fans and paint the MM case comes with.