PDA

View Full Version : Asus A7N8X Deluxe.. sound skips a tad when listening to music? HELP

ThePunkerGuy
04-26-2003, 05:41 PM
Ok, i just got my Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard the otherday. THe sound seems great, but i am just having some problems with it.. When i listen to music (have only tried winamp so far..) the sound will sort of "skip" in a sense.. there isnt like a puse or anything, but you can hear the music jerk a little quite often.. any ideas? Also, when the cpu uses allot of power i can hear fuzz/noise coming out of the speakers.. like if i run Prime 95 i can hear everytime it switches test.. lol.. any ideas? I am using the newest Nforce drivers from the Nforce website.
- Mike

beatnic
04-27-2003, 04:45 AM
check windows update and see if there's any newer driver than provided by nvidia

ThePunkerGuy
04-27-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by beatnic
check windows update and see if there's any newer driver than provided by nvidia

I have the newest driver. I got the sound to stop jerking my using the new Winamp 3, i was using the latest version of Winamp 2 because i like it better and it uses less resources, but i gave in and got Winamp3 and all is well with the skipping music. I still get CPU noise in the speakers sometime, but i can deal with that. THanks
- Mike

JupiterSSJ4
04-28-2003, 02:55 PM
winamp 3 is far too slow. Winamp2.91 just came out and it works great. http://classic.winamp.com/

Winamp used to have an error with creative sound cards like my soundblaster live but once I installed the patch, it worked fine. I think 2.91 has it incorporated, but you might want to check.

I too hear a different sound from inside my computer when it is doing different things (usually processor based). For example, I can really hear a difference, (I think from my fans getting slower and faster) during 3dmark2001. I beleive it is my fans because I cannot hear anything inside my computer because the fans are so loud. I even do this with the speakers off so I know it is not them.

(Winamp 2.91) Go into winamps output preferences and see what your output is. WaveOut or Directsound. Switch it and see if that fixes it.

Hope this helps

felix88
04-28-2003, 08:31 PM
i've never had any problems with Winamp and Creative cards, but i wouldn't doubt the problem exists.

are you sure your HDs are in DMA mode? PIO mode could surly cause skipping.