PDA

View Full Version : PCI HDD Controllers

Neptune5k
06-19-2002, 09:32 PM
I need a good HDD controller, and when I say good, I mean one that is tolerant of high FSB. Here is pic of the front of my case:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=13627

As you can see, the cd drives are sperated considerably. As far as I know, there is know cable I can buy that has the master and slave channels seperated by that much (please correct me if i'm wrong) so I have to have each CD drive on seperate channels. I don't have onboard RAID on my KX7.

Currently I'm running a PCI ATA133 card that came with a Maxtor drive, but it pukes out at 145mhz FSB, my CPU can't handle 166, and I've yet to unlock the CPU I just got because i'm going to sell it.

So, what PCI HDD controllers are out that don't suck?

scrllock
06-24-2002, 03:31 PM
Well, i think that the easiest solution WOULD be to just move the drives lcoers together, but since that is not an option... OPPAINTER uses the onboard highpoint ATA133 RAID controller on the raid version of your motherboard, you can buy this controller seperately. Its listed at newegg, its thew highpoint 2 channel ATA133 RAID controller. Promise makes ones that also work in the 66mhz PCI slots on server boards, does this mean that thewy would work fine on a 32 mhz slot runniong out of spec at 66mhz? anyone?