PDA

View Full Version : OVP on NF7-S

bowman1964
04-26-2003, 03:35 AM
i hope someone know's which chip i need to mod to disable the OVP on this nf7s v1.2.

board must have a weak resistor.powers down at the slightest sign of vcore voltage increase. anything over 1.85vcore will cause a sure shutdown.i have had this probem on epox but never on a abit.

MrIcee
04-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Pin 10 is the OVP pin on the voltage regulator...same as the KG7/KR7/KX7. OPP and I tried to do the normal mod on Pin 10 to this board but it had no effect whatsoever. I am having the same reboot issues and it's getting worse by the day on my Rev 1.1..even with the Vcore mod unplugged.

My first board..a Rev1 was stable as hell. It had 4 silver Nichicons to the left of the power Mosfets..and a row of six Rubycon's to the right....or more aptly a 4/6 combination. My Rev 1.1 has 4 Rubycons to the left..and only 5 to the right...or a 4/5 combination...not nearly as stable. My experience with Abit boards in the last 2 years point to the Nichicon cap boards always being the better in voltage regulation.

My understanding is the Rev 2's are a 4/4 cap arrangement...and I'm hearing there are stability problems with some of them also...even tho they offer higher voltages.

Randi:D

bowman1964
04-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Thank you MR McIcee..:D

I was trying everything this morning.i wanted to try and get a decient bench out of this board but it is'nt ment to be.as i am tearing the cooler down tommorow to ship out to Dude.

the chip and me are going to have a little talk,with my friend Mr soldering iron.i will play with a couple differant things to pin 10.maybe i can find a circuit to mod.as i have a couple of phase change units it wont be long before i will see if will work.

thank you again.:)