PDA

View Full Version : Gf3 Ti 200 Vmod help need

Rub87
04-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Ok :

I have an Hercules gf3 ti 200 and a few months ago i voltmodded it and max frequencies were237/520 without mod and 240/550 with vmod... ok with crastal orb and stock ram sinks;) backside of card gets really hot so i installed waterblock and pelt @ but max frequencies are nog 242/560:rolleyes: So i think there is someting §§§§ed with the vcore mod but i retryed it serveral times and result didn't change:confused: So my question is : where can i measure the vcore on the pcb because i think there is someting ells wrong:mad:

If you guy's need a pic i'll take 1:smileysex

wolfgang
05-06-2003, 09:50 AM
i beleive there is a cap right next to the chip u modded for the vcore put the muti meter on the legs but be careful not to touch anything but the legs and that will tell u the voltage

Rub87
05-07-2003, 03:35 AM
Thank you verry much... i measured the voltage and it was 1.504v so i soldert a 1KOhm pot between )pins 18-20 of the vcore regulator but the voltage remained the same:( I dont dare to turn the pot all the way down but normal provided the voltage would change i suggest?

*edit* Are yu sure this is the vcore? If i turn the pot al little further(400-500Ohm) the "vcore" drops even to 1.48-1.49... this cant be normal?

wolfgang
05-07-2003, 12:59 PM
yeah thats the stock core 1.5 and its possible for it to jump around a bit i dont remember what resistance i used but i had it up to 1.9 before it choked your mod sounds good so iam sure u need to just turn it up more ill find the tread i used and tell you the resistance i used

wolfgang
05-07-2003, 01:03 PM
ok i found that quick i used 510ohms first and it gave my card no more core maybe .02 if that so i kept going down so prolly 300-400 will definitly show an increase

Rub87
05-08-2003, 05:34 AM
Ok i'll try but is seems the less the resitance between the grond/pin20 and pin pin 18 the lower the voltage:confused:

Nope , even if i drop the resitance to 150Ohms the vcore stays around 1.5v .. with no resitor its 1.506 with 150Ohm it is 1.500 I'll take a pic of the mod cause i think i'm measuring @ the wrong placehttp://users.pandora.be/rub87/rest/SIMG0272.jpg

wolfgang
05-11-2003, 03:51 PM
the lower the resistance the higher the voltage thats were i measured mine just check your mod for good connections sound like your pot is working if u know what resistance its at if your mod is good try a different cap thats at 1.5 without the mod 150 ohms crazzy

<Wouter>
07-06-2005, 06:00 AM
I have the same problem as Rub87. The core voltage doesn't change. I have a reference pcb ti200 card. I resoldered the mod a couple of times and used multipe resistors but nothing happends. Could there be some sort of over voltage protection on Rub87 and my card :S ?

CaTalyst.X
07-10-2005, 02:52 PM
yeah i did this a while ago too, the vgpu mod doesnt work, lowering resistance on those two points actually lowers vgpu a bit :D Post a pic of the back of the hercules card.

-CaT

Rub87
07-12-2005, 02:22 PM
There you go, let me know if you need more specifik areas..

CaTalyst.X
07-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Try this, solder a 10 Ohm Fixed Resistor and a 10K VR set at max in parrallel between pins 18 and 20 and report back. Lower resistance for more voltage

-CaT

persivore
07-12-2005, 11:22 PM
If the voltage doesn't change (or even decreases) with a resistance of 150ohms, it would suggest that something is wrong with the mod. IMO, no manufacturer would use feedback components with such a low value for 150 ohms to not increase the voltage, becasue they would cause too much heating due to high currents flowing through small value resistors.

IIRC, on a Gforce3 Ti200 that I modded a while ago, one of the voltage suppies for the memory (possibly Vddq - it was at ~ 3.5v) was using the other half of the Vgpu regulator. It looks like you have already done 2 mods on the card tho, which I assume are Vdd and Vddq.

I've also sometimes known both sections on the SC1175 to be connected together to provide a 'two phase' regulator, where adjusting one of the sections has no effect on the voltage, and the other section is able to change the voltage for both sections of the regulator (as on some 9500NP's and probably higher end cards from that series)

<Wouter>
07-23-2005, 01:33 PM
If the voltage doesn't change (or even decreases) with a resistance of 150ohms, it would suggest that something is wrong with the mod. IMO, no manufacturer would use feedback components with such a low value for 150 ohms to not increase the voltage, becasue they would cause too much heating due to high currents flowing through small value resistors.

IIRC, on a Gforce3 Ti200 that I modded a while ago, one of the voltage suppies for the memory (possibly Vddq - it was at ~ 3.5v) was using the other half of the Vgpu regulator. It looks like you have already done 2 mods on the card tho, which I assume are Vdd and Vddq.

I've also sometimes known both sections on the SC1175 to be connected together to provide a 'two phase' regulator, where adjusting one of the sections has no effect on the voltage, and the other section is able to change the voltage for both sections of the regulator (as on some 9500NP's and probably higher end cards from that series)

persivore, what does that mean for our cards? Do we have to use other connection points on the other side of SC1175?. CaTalyst.X, I have tried both fixed as VRs on my card. Maby I could try a different ground point?

persivore
07-23-2005, 01:43 PM
persivore, what does that mean for our cards? Do we have to use other connection points on the other side of SC1175?
You could try using the other feedback pin on the other side of the regulator, but it depends how the regulators are set up to control the voltage.

<Wouter>
07-23-2005, 01:55 PM
You could try using the other feedback pin on the other side of the regulator, but it depends how the regulators are set up to control the voltage.

pin 3 and pin 20 right? I really don't know why my vmod doesn't work. I have the reference lay out and did the mod like everybody else :confused:. Too bad because the core had a lot of potential: 245mhz on water fully stable.

Rub87
07-24-2005, 07:44 AM
pin 3 and pin 20 right? I really don't know why my vmod doesn't work. I have the reference lay out and did the mod like everybody else :confused:. Too bad because the core had a lot of potential: 245mhz on water fully stable.

Same here, The card used to have pelt setup.. ran 240mhz on lowered vcore. I only came whilme later after it that the mod was actually lowering the core voltage .. but with that time I had removed the pelt because I didn't isulate the back of the card wel an had alot of condensation in the core area at the backside.. But after a while the card worked again and is now running in my backup rig..

<Wouter>
07-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey Rub87, did you try to use an other ground point? And did you noticed any diff between with or without pelt (because v prob has the most effect)?

Rub87
07-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Without pelt was around 225-230 if I remember it right..

I don't see why another ground point could help.. as we are working with high resitance VR's, so we have very litlle current flowing trough it...

[cTx]Philosophy
07-24-2005, 01:47 PM
I have a regular gf3 by pny that i think is blown thats been in a bin for over 2 years that i used to run 240 500 all day long for over a year with not a mod done to it.. Is it possible to resurect this with a mod or something. I read on another forum somewhere else that some ppl buy blown cards and restore them somehow. Is this a possibility?
I would love to see how this compares to the 440mx in the kids pc. I think there more comparative than my 9800xt or x800xt and its not in use anymore anyway so why not mod the hail out of it if it can help it out.

I know this is a dum question but if someone else is willing to pay for parts that wont post anymore then why not try to res it. I was also thinkin it has a jp3 and jp4 overdrive option on pcb also. i just wanna get this card back and fired back up again because it ran 240 without any mods whatsoever b4 and i wonder how high it could go with some mods if its not totally toast.

Rub87
07-24-2005, 03:40 PM
I have a regular gf3 by pny that i think is blown thats been in a bin for over 2 years that i used to run 240 500 all day long for over a year with not a mod done to it.. Is it possible to resurect this with a mod or something. I read on another forum somewhere else that some ppl buy blown cards and restore them somehow. Is this a possibility?
I would love to see how this compares to the 440mx in the kids pc. I think there more comparative than my 9800xt or x800xt and its not in use anymore anyway so why not mod the hail out of it if it can help it out.

I know this is a dum question but if someone else is willing to pay for parts that wont post anymore then why not try to res it. I was also thinkin it has a jp3 and jp4 overdrive option on pcb also. i just wanna get this card back and fired back up again because it ran 240 without any mods whatsoever b4 and i wonder how high it could go with some mods if its not totally toast.

Regular GF's and Ti ones have different cores... if Ti and a regular GF are at the same clocks, then the Ti will perform better..

Depends on whats wrong with the card, the easiest problem should be when the bios is corrupt, just use pci card or mobo with onboard video and reflash, If that doesn't help, measure all the voltage such as vcore, vddr, vddq on the pcb, when one is out of spec, you can search the cause of it, for example, broken controller or mosfet chip or something...

LorD_Kvadd
08-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Rub87: Did you find a vcore mod that did work?

Because I have the standard nvidia pcb on mine but can't get the vcore mod work either.

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Rub87
08-05-2005, 03:57 AM
Nope, I'll try it when have time, atm I'm building new setup and have some troubles fitting the prommy on the dfi lanparty ultra-d

LorD_Kvadd
08-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Damn, if you find something out please post it on the forums :)

Good luck with the mounting

Rub87
08-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Thanks,

I'll get some smd grabbers and check it out..

Prommy is mounted succesful, cpu does around 3.2, and atm I'm running primy at 390 HTT, BUT, for some fukkin reason I am not able to use the 2 lower dimms, so running in DC isn't possible :mad:

And there are 2 much options in the DRAM menu :p:

LorD_Kvadd
08-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Well I'm running on a S754 comp so I can't use DC either :P

I can feel my card, screaming at me now, get me a vcore mod :P this was achieved just an hour ago I think http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8675077
I don't get any artifacts, just lockup for a few seconds if I try over 236mhz

Very well, I think I'll have a second look at the datasheet for the vcore controller. :(

Good luck

-Acid-
08-06-2005, 12:40 PM
hi guys i have a creative gf3ti200 that runs at 250 core and 520 mem all day long (stock cooler too) had it for a few years and it now resides in my kid brothers p.c ( he,s seven lol )

Rub87
08-07-2005, 02:30 AM
Well I'm running on a S754 comp so I can't use DC either :P

I can feel my card, screaming at me now, get me a vcore mod :P this was achieved just an hour ago I think http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8675077
I don't get any artifacts, just lockup for a few seconds if I try over 236mhz

Very well, I think I'll have a second look at the datasheet for the vcore controller. :(

Good luck

Yeah, thats normal, on those card you never get artifacts due the core, only framedrops and if you go a little higher the screen freezes..

You don't have to look anymore, the diagram in the X-Bit how to is wrong, on our cards, the vVcore supllie uses the other side of the c ontroller so you need to connect pin 3 via a VR to ground..

A 5K trimmer would give the best balance I think, 1.7K gave me 1.6v :toast:

If I only had tried this when I benched nigghts and nights long with this card in winter with the window open to squeeze the last 3Dmark out of it..

LorD_Kvadd
08-07-2005, 03:29 AM
DAMN RUB87 THANKS :D I'll try the mod imediately :)

A last question, how much did you gain in terms of mhz?

Btw, is that a swiftech mcx462 on the motherboard? looks like it, was the best cooler to socket a afaik

Rub87
08-07-2005, 03:51 AM
DAMN RUB87 THANKS :D I'll try the mod imediately :)

A last question, how much did you gain in terms of mhz?

Btw, is that a swiftech mcx462 on the motherboard? looks like it, was the best cooler to socket a afaik

Lol didn't test, as you see, the card is in my backup rig.. stock cooler is on the card so I don't oc her.. It's more a backup card..

<Wouter>
08-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Nice work Rub87. I'll try the mod on my card.

<Wouter>
08-17-2005, 12:08 AM
The mod works on my card too. The prob is that i accidentally turned the pod to 1.9v and my card died :P Gf2 ultra is on the way

Rub87
08-17-2005, 02:19 AM
Lol, and what cooling were you usig at that moment..? I hope nothing less than phase change..

<Wouter>
08-17-2005, 02:59 AM
I have watercooling. I wanted to set the voltage to 1.75v but i used a 10k pod and ended up @ 1.9v :P. Too bad because it was a nice card.

Rub87
08-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Yeah, that's a pain in the ass... Maybe you just burnt the vcore mosfet, or is the vcore still allright when you fire up the system..?

I always connect multimeter to the cap and use a 15-turn trimmer, and raise the voltage very slowly..

<Wouter>
09-02-2005, 05:22 AM
I did use a 15 turn VR, but just one that was too big. The vcore is atm 0.00v.
I'm getting a new ti200 this week. I'll post the results of that card when i'm done vmodding it.

LorD_Kvadd
09-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Good luck, I've gotten hold of a asus ti200 with a strange PCB, it is a ti200 alright BUT the pcb is ti500 :D Core overclocks to 260 without mod, and the mems about 530.

Vdimm mod soon :D cheers

Rub87
09-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Good luck, I've gotten hold of a asus ti200 with a strange PCB, it is a ti200 alright BUT the pcb is ti500 :D Core overclocks to 260 without mod, and the mems about 530.

Vdimm mod soon :D cheers

Here ya go... (http://www.madshrimps.be/gotofaqlink.php?linkid=1796)