PDA

View Full Version : Accelerox2 Bad exhaust

RFC Rudel
10-22-2006, 10:01 PM
I Have a thermaltake amour with several fans but the hot air from the lower exhaust of the accelox2 heat the mother and near by boards really bad.
The only solution is system blower (pci braket type)to extract the hot air from that area whit a system blower or reverse the fan and create a DUCT from the fan to some of the exhaust fans of the amour.
I will loose to much cooling if I reverse the fan on the accelerox2?
becose the the near by boards are realley hot!!! EVEN WITH THE COVER OFF.
THE ARMOR HAVE ONE 80MM AND A 120MM IN THE LOWER PART OF THE FRONT but the airflow it no near sufficiento to get the super hot air fas enof.

did someone tray this?

becouse a DUCT from the lower end of the accelerox2 is almost imposible.

ea6gka
10-23-2006, 12:36 AM
well i had the exact same problem with you mate , i did install a pci bracket fan and still no good. I ended up throwing away that POS heatsink and got a zalman VF900.

RFC Rudel
10-23-2006, 03:02 AM
I will reverse the fan and DUCT it to the rear fan of the armour, I hope not to loose to much performance (card runing hotter).

will post the numbers, and pictures.

Aramdin
10-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Ive ditched my Accelero X1 & replaced it with a Sytrin. Temps were sucky on my 7800GTX, like high 70c's @ 490mHz (standard 430mHz). With the Sytrin it gets around 53c!

Maviryk
10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
I will reverse the fan and DUCT it to the rear fan of the armour, I hope not to loose to much performance (card runing hotter).

will post the numbers, and pictures.

It's a blower fan... I dont' think you're going to be able to reverse it since it's only made to go in one direction. Why dont' you just remove a PCI bracket and try to duct the hot air out with some posterboard?

That would also keep the hot air from the accelero from recirculating inside the case.

Bbq
10-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Just wondering, with a blower fan, if you just switch it around, won't it blow the other way?

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6909/blowerlz6.png

what WOULD show a big improvement, is to gut the stock blower fan, and mount in a normal fan outside the housing so it blows in.

Maviryk
10-26-2006, 07:58 PM
BBQ, the blower isn't really blowing air the "other way". The airflow is still the same, except that the fan is now horibly inefficent becase the vanes are designed fir the original rotation. Most computer DC fans wont' even spin the other direction if opposite current is applied anyhow.

OP's problem right now is that the hot air from the Accelero is getting recirculated in the case.

I still believe if he just vents it out an open PCI slot or two it would fix his problem.

It's the quick, easy, and simple solution.

Sparky
10-27-2006, 03:50 AM
That is why I didn't buy an accelero. I don't know what possessed AC to make that piece of junk :( Silencer series was so much better

Maviryk
10-27-2006, 03:58 AM
Heh, I just bought a Maze4 and did away with everthing else. 1900xt keeps my room nice and cozy in the winter.

Sparky
10-27-2006, 04:46 AM
Heh, I just bought a Maze4 and did away with everthing else. 1900xt keeps my room nice and cozy in the winter.
True that! :D

Actually I'm going to have my window open all winter. With 5 computers running in my room it gets really warm in there fairly quickly without it open a little. Needless to say the heat is turned off in there ;)

Thermalright's new heatsink looks good except it is so big I don't know how well it would fit in crossfire mode with fans on each one. But then, after seeing the results where it kept a X1900XTX cooler than stock passively fans may not be needed :banana:

Anavel0
10-27-2006, 05:24 AM
True that! :D

Actually I'm going to have my window open all winter. With 5 computers running in my room it gets really warm in there fairly quickly without it open a little. Needless to say the heat is turned off in there ;)

Thermalright's new heatsink looks good except it is so big I don't know how well it would fit in crossfire mode with fans on each one. But then, after seeing the results where it kept a X1900XTX cooler than stock passively fans may not be needed :banana:
Thermalrights HR-03 for the X1900 series with a fan takes up 3 slots. This is WAY to big for my system, and would block my second pci-e 16 slot, which would stop Crossfire in the first place.