PDA

View Full Version : Changing our sigs and avatars

[XC] hipno650
10-22-2006, 08:04 PM
there has been a little talk here and there about looking professional and getting unified sigs and avatars.

i propose the following:
- we use the avatar that i curently use (thanks martijn sry if i spelt your name wrong) until another one is provided
-in sig we all have some sort of stat thing. flashing one like me and mnay others of the big dc ones
-something about helping to fight cancer and aids and other diseases

i am open to any sujestions. we must get as many people to do this as possible!!!

thx :toast:

NickS
10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Maybe but I like to express myself differently, plus I love my avatar. I think my sig ATM is ample :p:

Haltech
10-22-2006, 08:53 PM
When someone can design a unified logo that doesnt look cheesy, ill use it. Otherwise, ill stick with my poop :)

2fink
10-22-2006, 08:59 PM
i think custom avatars arent bad... ;)

you like mine?

RickH
10-22-2006, 09:15 PM
i am open to any sujestions. we must get as many people to do this as possible!!!
Why? :wth:

We're an individualistic bunch of volunteers, not some kind of conquering XS Army goose-stepping across the parade grounds. We don't need no steenkin' badges, or some kind of freaky clone army shared identity.

Movieman
10-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Why? :wth:

We're an individualistic bunch of volunteers, not some kind of conquering XS Army goose-stepping across the parade grounds. We don't need no steenkin' badges, or some kind of freaky clone army shared identity.
I think what the guys were shooting for with this idea was a sig that would be seen in many places and if they were all the same it would have more impact.
Sounded like an interesting idea but don't feel pressed.
It's not something that anyone would be forced to do.
Sheet, nothing is forced here.:D

[XC] leviathan18
10-23-2006, 04:37 AM
use it or die

Movieman
10-23-2006, 05:39 AM
use it or die
Now Levi, RickH will think your serious so at least use a smiley!:D

[XC] leviathan18
10-23-2006, 05:42 AM
nah everyone at the team know im joking like my sig JOIN OR DIE in rosetta :p:

lv_dicedealer
10-23-2006, 11:54 AM
If someone could point me the site to set up the flash sig, that would be great.

I really want to streamline my sig a bit. And as for Beeker, he stays... that is how I can look for my posts fast;)

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
If someone could point me the site to set up the flash sig, that would be great.

I really want to streamline my sig a bit. And as for Beeker, he stays... that is how I can look for my posts fast;)

If you loose Beeker I would have to see who posted also. The sig idea is ok buy the Avatar is just not my cup of tea.
Here you go lv_d for the small stats.

You get it from www.dcstat.com - make sure you tick the Custom Text 1 & 2 boxes when creating to get the moving text.

lv_dicedealer
10-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the link MM2

[XC] hipno650
10-23-2006, 04:17 PM
the reason is what mm saud. subliminal mesaging:D !!!!!! if they see it so much they will be forced to come check it out!!!!

Magnj
10-23-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm down

WesM63
10-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the link MM2

Ditto thanks!

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the link MM2

Ditto Thanks!

the reason is what mm said.

Which of the 7 MM's do you speak of? :stick:
But still the avatars are what makes us unique on XS on thing I miss on The [H] as well as other forums I go to. subliminal mesaging :bs: If they want to do DC on XS they would be here now. That is the bottom line.

We need fresh blood peroid :fact: I have a little speal in my sig on [H] for a little recruting effort. Think off XS, We are all ready here!!!

leviathon-nz
10-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Also thanks for the link and I agree on the fresh blood needed but there are also alot of people on the team that havent put in stats for a while so maybe something is needed there?

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Also thanks for the link and I agree on the fresh blood needed but there are also alot of people on the team that havent put in stats for a while so maybe something is needed there?

Like a motivational PM from the Team Starter???

leviathon-nz
10-23-2006, 09:35 PM
:D you found me out. Ill see what I can put together in the way of a pm to do some mass mailing but im not the best writer out there so if any of you have some ideas throw them my way and ill put em in. Ill try do this by tonight but im at work so it might get put back a bit.

Cheers Mat

[XC] riptide
10-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Look guys... we don;t want anybody to get rid of there sigs they currently have... use a mark of some kind about this size. WCG that can be alligned to the right of your present sig. We're thinking about something subliminal, which I had explained to some people. Subliminal. thats it. If you want to say Run wcg TILL YOU DIE or anything else that is your choice but the idea that me and hipno is on about is simple, contast to the forum backgroud and that may have a link in it to the WCG subforum

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-24-2006, 07:05 AM
I know riptide what the idea is and I say coming up with a starndard sig is fine with me but and avatar makes us unique. But also like I said if people on this forum wanted to do DC they would be here with us allready. Put XS-WCG in your sig on other sites you go to and get fresh meat. I just put a link on a e-bay auction I am putting up. What the hell might get some one.

[XC] riptide
10-24-2006, 02:26 PM
But also like I said if people on this forum wanted to do DC they would be here with us allready. .Wrong... many people arrived here after tha last email to help in Rosetta... many people who otherwise might not have came. And many have still hung around I suspect.

rob725
10-24-2006, 02:52 PM
True, but the ideas are not exclusive. We should continue to do our best to draw from XS, but it's a good idea to do sigs in other forums we frequent to pull from there.

Also, our sigs and avatars here on xs don't do any good if we are not out on the other parts of xs helping people out or whatever so that people see them.

[XC] hipno650
10-24-2006, 02:54 PM
thanks for the support riptide:D ya we don't have to totally scrap our sigs just put some sort of thing in it about wcg. and avatars well we can't force you to do anything but ones like mysticmerlin have are ok and so are ones like 2fink and yes customization is good but the more we spread the words WCG around the better.