PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The Prestige = Boring...

Kunaak
10-21-2006, 08:32 PM
its not that its a bad movie per say...
it's well acted, and well portrayed, and not a disaster like say the Davinci code was...

but its like, you watch the whole thing waiting for some twist, and when the twist does finally happen your kinda left thinking....
well, I saw that coming...
I hope theres more to this...

and there isn't.

for me, the ending kinda became obvious, after the "black cats and hat" scene.

for anyone who didnt see it, but wants to, I am not gonna say anything more.

but if your not swayed to see this movie, but your kinda curious, let me save you the time.

This is a Rental.
it's clever, but it's slow, and the ending is alittle bland, so it never really comes together in a way that just makes you think "whoa", more like "well atleast it wasnt the davinci code..."

LordofDoom
10-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Aye. I agree, but I did find it interesting. It was probably an excellent book before it was a movie. It was one of the best "thinking" movies in a while.

-Satan

syne_24
10-21-2006, 09:59 PM
damn i thought it was going to be good too..

it seems like there arent any good movies anymore..

Kunaak
10-21-2006, 10:20 PM
dont get me wrong, I am not saying its a horrible movie or anything.
it's kinda interesting.
it's interesting in the same way, watching the history channel is interesting...

syne_24
10-21-2006, 10:26 PM
haha yea i'm sure it isnt that bad..the idea is somewhat kinda different, that's why i thought it was going to be good

but i dunno..there just hasnt been any good movies like it used to be

the kind where it makes you wanna get up and clap..damn that's a good movie!

now it's more like half way through the movie..and you're thinking man i cant believe I paid for this..

LordofDoom
10-22-2006, 04:34 AM
Well, not like the history channel XD, but it's a movie for thought. Watch it those of you who haven't.

-Satan

thunderstruck!
10-22-2006, 06:35 AM
After seeing the departed, it's gonna be hard to go back to the movies, since I don't think there's a film out there that is on par or can top it. Anyone see flags of our fathers?

Sneaky
10-22-2006, 10:23 AM
movie: the departed = damn good :)

lowfat
10-22-2006, 10:42 AM
I thought
The Perstige was awesome IMO. One of the better movies I have seen this year for sure. I didn't find a single part of the entire movie boring, like with the majority of the other movies i have watched.

HiJon89
10-22-2006, 03:25 PM
After seeing the departed, it's gonna be hard to go back to the movies, since I don't think there's a film out there that is on par or can top it. Anyone see flags of our fathers?
I didn't like the Departed very much at all,

WARNING SPOILER!!

I thoght the ending was very rushed and silly, it seemed a lot like Reservoir Dogs at the end.... boom, boom, boom..... boom, end of movie.

NickS
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
My Mom loved the movie, my Dad didn't mind it either.

Shift
10-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Departed was definately fine and I was gonna go see the Prestige, but one of my movie channels had National Treasure, and that crap was garbage.

My friends liked Flags of our Fathers. I like Christian Bale alot and thought Prestige would be good.

Again, do yourself a favor don't ever see National Treasure