PDA

View Full Version : Eternet Controller

Ln2AT
10-21-2006, 06:31 PM
I just formated my hdd and i need to install drivers for my ethernet controller
I downloaded all the divers from abit for my av8, installed all but one the v430 lan driver when I try to install it it says It cant find propper NIC,

Ive tried loads of stuff:

Thanks for the replies we'll get to he bottom of it soon.... I hope

After I reinstalled XP, I downloaded all the drivers from abit. I was able to install the - REALTEK Gigabit and Fast Ethernet NIC Driver Setup V1.70.621 (20050516)
that worked no problem, I even got an option to uninstall it in my programs menu. After I installed it I tried to install the drivers that came in the v142 folder these are the WinSetup drivers, after clicking on the WinSetup icon Im promptly told "Can not find proper NIC, click OK to exit program." I then uninstalled the REALTEK Gigabit and Fast Ethernet NIC Driver and tried WinSetup again, same message. Ive tried to "update driver" from the device manager, i pointed it to both driver folders, only to get the message that " it can not find the driver" Ive tried to install the winsetup driver through device manager with the REALTEK Gigabit and Fast Ethernet NIC Driver installed and same thing.

My bios setup for integrated Peripherals is setup as follows:
OnBoard LAN Controller : Enabled
- LAN Boot ROM : Disabled
OnBoard 1394 Controller : Enabled

Ive tried all of the above with " LAN Boot ROM : Enabled " as well

you guys got any other ideas that might fix it
cheers

Jazz_Data
10-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Try this:

1st install Winrar.
Then sometimes you can extract the files from those intallers, try extracting the driver file for your lan card from Abit.

Then go in device manager, and you should see your network adapter with a "?" on it.
Right-click, update drivers, from a specific location, and go to your location where you extracted the files. If your lucky, it should install the drivers.

Ln2AT
10-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for your response, Yea I have winrar istalled, I extracted the drivers again, I can clicked the question mark beside Ethernet controller and choose "Update Driver" pointed to both folders and it came back saying it couldnt find the driver:(

Any other thoughts

Jazz_Data
10-21-2006, 07:18 PM
do the exact same procedure again, but choose this folder:

\v621\v621\WinXP

that folder contains the .inf file for your card.
If this doesnt work, either you do not have aAV8 board or you are trying to update the wrong hardware.

edit: typo

Ln2AT
10-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks for your reply,
Tried again, no luck, my board is most definitely an av8 and I cant see how im trying to update the wrong hardware

Jazz_Data
10-21-2006, 07:38 PM
are you using your AV8 to type in this forum? If so, your NIC is working :P

Ln2AT
10-21-2006, 07:40 PM
nope laptop an old dusty dell ;), I wish I was using my av8

Jazz_Data
10-21-2006, 07:44 PM
If you have a PC store close by, they prolly can sell you a used 10/100 card for 5$ us...

Or I saw there are older drivers on Abit's site for your board, try those also.
Did you reboot since the uninstall? They talk about it in the readme:

"You can remove RTLSetup utility from Add/Remove Program Palette in
Control Panel, the InstallShield will prompt you the steps to remove
the driver. After remove the driver, please restart the system
immediately if you want your networking to be re-installed."

Ln2AT
10-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Ok I un installed Realtek gigabit and fast ethernet NIC Driver. tried to run winsetup from the v142 folder and got this "ntsim2.sys ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND" I then reinstalled the NIC driver and got the same msg

My Ethernet controller worked perfectly yesterday before i formated and reinstalled xp

Jazz_Data
10-22-2006, 07:21 AM
Try with the driver CD that came with your motherboard... Also if you're already getting blue screens, I would reformat / reinstall windows as well and use the CD that came with you mobo...