PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to whoever is running Riesel Sieve LLR !!!

UCmajewski
10-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Good for 600 vault points !!!!! I see its someone from the machine, if they could post something on how to get LLR to work. I think we could gain a lot of points by some of these mathematics projects .... I had been running reisel sieve BOINC until I switched to Einstein@Home.

[XC]melymel
10-18-2006, 11:35 AM
That'll be me :D. I'm only running it on my 3.8ghz p4 and it's dragging in a few points. I was going to run it until we passed SETI@Netherlands who are 1 place ahead now but if I could get some help I'll stick with it and milk a few more points from it.

It's very simple to install and run, first create an account and join XS on the riesel sieve site's stats page here: http://stats.rieselsieve.com/display.php?type=LLR , download the LLRNET client from here: http://www.rieselsieve.com/dload.php and run it. It's extremely simple to set up and it downloads and runs work itself.

It runs great on P4's but my centrino was more than twice as slow but it is only at 1.7ghz.

Cheers :toast:

UCmajewski
10-18-2006, 01:04 PM
but if I could get some help I'll stick with it and milk a few more points from it.
:

Sure ill through a sempron on it :) If we can get more points like this ... we can easily overtake DPC in the vault standings.

UCmajewski
10-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Geez we havent moved up anything today ? Whats the deal ? We are both returning work .... oh well im sticking with it.

Jose
10-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Probably Vault HAs has not updated.
I am also returning work

[XC]melymel
10-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Well we should pass SETI@Netherlands today which nets us about 300 points. That's the trouble witht these small projects easy points to start with but they quickly get hard because teams like FDC have a lot of power and a few years headstart :p: :toast:

UCmajewski
10-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Ive got bad news ..... it didnt have any work on my sempron. Thats my biggest project pet peve so I switched it back to Einstein@home.

Jose
10-21-2006, 01:41 AM
UC: Do not worry , if it is not as if we are going to try to be numero 1 there. As it was pointed out the top teams are so way ahead, and the availability of work and communication from project is bad. So if in your case you can haul the easy points in other projects: DO So

So lets milk the easy points. There is another team that can be overtaken easily after the Dutch one. Once we get those points . We meet and reaccess :)

Meanwhile as the XS_Guerillas that we are we keep bringing in the Vault Points that are needed to overcome the cows, while our big teams do the Assault on the monsters like EasyNews at WCG.

The way I see it this double pronged startegy is working. We are climbing in WCG and we have reduced the cows lead in Vault by more than 6000 points.

I am doing the dirty work at SETI. I have placed clothe spins on my nose, and the easy points come iun.

Onething: When the time comes for the final push in WCG, I will join in for that big push. Our teamates deserve the help.

Today : I will post a list of the rrojects that have a lot of points available to us. I will like to hear your opinions about them anb suggestions fo strategy.

[XC]melymel
10-21-2006, 02:10 AM
I've been getting errors since yesterday morning and the clients sat there and done nothing, I may give primegrid another run see if we can climb another 10 or so places. :toast:

UCmajewski
10-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Im going to try to stick to Physical Science ... since its still our sore area. I think ill try EON and DPAD next in that area. I got my internet problems settled so ill pick up where I left in Red Library and Maj 12.

Then again there is a lot of points to be had in the mathematics area. I think we can go fishing in the mathematics area see if we can pick up some more easy points. I will try out some mathematics projects see what I can get out of them.

Yeah I think everyone is with you Jose on SETI :)

BTW: Could anyone help me out on running Prime Sierpinski Problem - PRP ... I am a little puzzled on how to reserve a range. Also should I even try to run this project ? I seen Jose and Machine on the team ... wondering if anyone has any input on it ?

[XC] riptide
10-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Im going to try to stick to Physical Science ... since its still our sore area. I think ill try EON and DPAD next in that area. I got my internet problems settled so ill pick up where I left in Red Library and Maj 12.

Then again there is a lot of points to be had in the mathematics area. I think we can go fishing in the mathematics area see if we can pick up some more easy points. I will try out some mathematics projects see what I can get out of them.

Yeah I think everyone is with you Jose on SETI :)

BTW: Could anyone help me out on running Prime Sierpinski Problem - PRP ... I am a little puzzled on how to reserve a range. Also should I even try to run this project ? I seen Jose and Machine on the team ... wondering if anyone has any input on it ?
DPAD is ideal if you have 'net problems (ie no internet). Its lonely there though...... I'll be back on this on Monday. I want to get a nice lead... :D ;)

[XC]melymel
10-24-2006, 08:02 AM
:woot: LLR is back up and running again, DPAD is back on hold I guess atleast until we open a gap over R.sieve china, I need more pc's :p:.

P.S. I made a small half million dump in riesel sieving too if you're wondering why we jumped 2 places. :D.

UCmajewski
10-24-2006, 04:14 PM
:woot: LLR is back up and running again, DPAD is back on hold I guess atleast until we open a gap over R.sieve china, I need more pc's :p:.

P.S. I made a small half million dump in riesel sieving too if you're wondering why we jumped 2 places. :D.

Pretty big day for us all around ..... wow never dreamed one computer of mine would get me tops in daily output in a project. I'm number 1 in SZTAKI Desktop Grid which got us 400 points. Mely your "small half million dump" got us 300 points which is great and we are up in 16 projects. I think Jose got us 168 in SETI which is fantastic as well.

Well LLRnet is the one area thats got me scratching my head ... why are we going down ?

SZTAKI looks ripe for the taking .... and seems like a decent project with work and low ram usage like 2 megs for 2 instances.