PDA

View Full Version : tec

piercedandtatto
04-24-2003, 06:09 AM
where can i find a good 175-225 watt tec? im having a hard time finding a site that sells them...

Also....i have an extra 350 watt power supply i was gonna use to run the tec. Will that be good enough?

EdgarBaba
04-24-2003, 06:34 AM
swiftech has a 226w tec for sale. a lot of e shops sell them. i know a place in denmark if you are interested. but it's expensive here

CCW
04-24-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by piercedandtatto

Also....i have an extra 350 watt power supply i was gonna use to run the tec. Will that be good enough?

probably not, they need a lot of amp's so if your psu isnt up to it enough your gonna do some damamge but im not an expert on TEC at all, not even close, might be worth asking this in the TEC forum where all the TEC guys hang out

the place in my sig sell em but itll probably cost you a bit to get it to the US which is where you live?

try xtreme tek werkz i think they are called, they have em i think

EdgarBaba
04-24-2003, 06:37 AM
the swiftech 226w tec needs 24A

EdgarBaba
04-24-2003, 06:39 AM
here::

http://www.xtwerkz.com/xtreme_liquid_cooling_parts.htm

there is also a psu that can handle the tec

CCW
04-24-2003, 06:40 AM
yeah, the industrial grade one, but there gonna be over $100

EdgarBaba
04-24-2003, 06:41 AM
dont know your budget.. some guys in here got their asses pumped with money.. it's pretty scary

Tweaked!
04-24-2003, 07:02 AM
I'm going to move this over to the tec forum. You should find more knowledge over there:cool:

KnightElite
04-24-2003, 10:01 AM
www.cooltechnica.com www.dangerden.com www.swiftnets.com to name a few sites that sell TECs.

As to power supplies, I highly recommend getting a dedicated power supply (eg. not a computer power supply) to run the TEC. Makes things much easier in the long run.

piercedandtatto
04-24-2003, 05:43 PM
well, unfortunately i cant afford 100 bucks for a new stand alone power supply....i was hoping the one i had would work....i just got an abit BH7 and ive got my celeron 2.0@2.9 with 1.65 vcore. with temps about 45c...if i go any higher i have to raise the vcore and i end up running about 55c idle.....i need some kind of better cooling solution for less the 75 bucks to get this thing over 3.0 ghz

jinu117
05-02-2003, 08:33 AM
I can personally vouch for extreme tek werkz for being a good store. I've dropped there by few time now (a mile away from my work) and the guy who work the shop is into cooling, oc'ing as much (if not more) as rest of us are.
He is deeply affiliated with oppainter. And they are trying LN2 over coming weekend... better to talk to a guy knowing the stuff rather than just running off to some sales guy in this case :)
BTW, as for the meanwell/samlex psu, as stock, they get pretty hot and noisy. (I made some mod in my case) It might be better off getting decent 450W+ PSU to power the tec as they typically use 80mm fan and doesn't get nearly as hot.

Tedinde
05-05-2003, 11:13 AM
The swiftech was the easiest, waterblock/tec setup i've ever used, NO hastle of condensation proofing other blocks and the nightmare of it and terrible looks.

Just bolt the swiftech down and your on your way. I ran mine for 6 months straight No problems before my vapo pe.

Not using it right now. I"ll probably put it in the FS/FT forum if i ever find some time.

I powered mine off a Pyramid 36 amp supply for a while, man that thing would get hot. Then used a enermax 465 watt PS no problems with it, quiet and cool.

Xtreme tek works is very reliable and ships the same day, I got mine from Cooltechnica.com along and a swiftec mcw 50t for the vid. Same day shipping from both places.

Xtreme Tek Works is a good friend of the forums here and xtreme systems, visit them first.