PDA

View Full Version : CRT VGA Cable replacement

KorkwiN
10-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey all I think this may be my first post even though I've spent many nights just reading random things on this forum. I'm eating chewy granola bars :D

But on to my problem.. My 19 in. Samsung 997DF CRT recently has been having problems. Randomly, the colors would change on the screen, often to a yellow-ish haze over the whole screen. I figured it's not the screen and just the cable doing it because it gets moved around quite often (lan partay?) and I have decided that's what it is. Now, I've got the cable removed (had to open up the monitor's case [SCARY :eek:]) and I need to get a replacement. Does anyone know a site that I could possibly find one of these at? Could I 'steal' one out of an older monitor? Well I've included a picture just so you can see what I need.

The following is a picture:
Picture (http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/KorkwiN/PA160149.jpg)

Thanks in advance to the good people of XS who offer their knowledge to the Korkwin.

BlueBiker
10-16-2006, 09:01 PM
19" CRT monitors are frequently available on Craig's List (http://www.craigslist.org/) for $30, $20, sometimes even free by sellers who've upgraded to LCD and just want to get rid of 'em.

Anything supporting a horizontal frequency of 107kHz or higher will handle 1600x1200 at 85Hz, which should make a sweet gaming experience.

KorkwiN
10-17-2006, 03:25 AM
Well I've since upgraded to an LCD and I just want to sell this to some unknowing kid around here and possibly pick up $50+

BlueBiker
10-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Well I've since upgraded to an LCD and I just want to sell this to some unknowing kid around here and possibly pick up $50+
Sorry I wasted my time offering advice to someone who wants to rip off someone else.

KorkwiN
10-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey it's more than a decent monitor and I personally think it's worth $100+. But everyone is going LCD so yeah. Thanks for helping, it just wasn't what I was looking for.