PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3 Hands-on

sladesurfer
10-16-2006, 08:39 AM
:nono: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/738/738858p1.html

More worrying still, the newly-designed lower L and R shoulder triggers feel more like they belong on an early controller prototype than the near-final model. Replicating the 360 pad, rather than being simple shoulder-mounted buttons, the triggers are now hinged horizontally along the controller, with pressure forcing them inward along the bottom - like triggers then, really. Trouble is, they're placed almost unnaturally low meaning we found ourselves operating them by jamming our fingers in between the hinges to apply pressure, rather than using the buttons themselves. What's more, the triggers are convex, with no grooves to keep your fingers in place - an issue further compounded by their smooth finish, offering no resistance against your finger tips. Invariably we found our digits slipping off with the triggers snapping back to their default position.

mr_knowitall15
10-16-2006, 08:51 AM
weak... Glad there are hardcore suckers that will buy the one i reserved. (most likely for a profit) ;)

sladesurfer
10-16-2006, 09:05 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And when we say complete, we mean complete - three digits into sticking in one of the IGN team's name, the PS3 kindly suggested we might be trying to type "Ejaculations". Sadly, we weren't.

Think
10-16-2006, 09:13 AM
PC gaming unit and a WII for the kids - that's the way to do things:)

514y3r
10-16-2006, 10:08 AM
WII for the kids

Not just for kids, there some pretty cool looking titles for an old man such as myself would like to play:cool:

cMw
10-16-2006, 10:14 AM
weak... Glad there are hardcore suckers that will buy the one i reserved. (most likely for a profit) ;)
most likely ?

you could flip it for double what its worth, easily

DilTech
10-16-2006, 10:31 AM
most likely ?

That's what I'm going to do, and using the money for all new pc parts. :woot:

dab420
10-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Why do they want to mess up the controller? I would be happy to use a PS2 controller to play GT5..

eddieate
10-16-2006, 10:50 AM

Thats what Sony's doing ;)

Dave_Sz
10-16-2006, 10:52 AM
I just wanna know what the point of that "article" was? Seems to me they just wanted to brag that they got a PS3. Why else would you even bother writing about it when the console wasn't even in working order?

Syn.
10-16-2006, 11:22 AM
I just wanna know what the point of that "article" was? Seems to me they just wanted to brag that they got a PS3. Why else would you even bother writing about it when the console wasn't even in working order?

Its the hardware Sony gave them to preview, Sony should have maybe made sure that hardware wors before they let it be looked at by media.