PDA

View Full Version : Complete Flash Rom Wipe

linflas
10-16-2006, 07:01 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a utility like winflash for the ASUS P5WDG2 WS PRO

The reason I ask is all the flash utilities by asus, i.e. asus update, aufdos, and ezflash just clear the main rom, but do not clear all the banks such as the oc settings save portion.

I beleive I have a corruption of my bios in those banks, as I have some weird things if I save or load from those banks, I would like to wipe them and start clean.

I also have a flash chip left over from my P5W DH that I would like to flash as backup through a hotswap, but want to make sure it is wiped clean before flashing to it.

Thanks

aamsel
10-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Turn the power supply off. Remove the power supply cables that attach to your motherboard and/or video cards. Jumper the CMOS Reset jumper to the clear position. Remove the button battery from the motherboard. Wait a couple of minutes. Reverse the above process. Everything will then be cleared out. When you reboot it will take an extra while to timeout, and then will display "CMOS clock not set" and everything will be back to the BIOS defaults. Press F1 to run setup.

Andrew

I was wondering if anyone had a utility like winflash for the ASUS P5WDG2 WS PRO

The reason I ask is all the flash utilities by asus, i.e. asus update, aufdos, and ezflash just clear the main rom, but do not clear all the banks such as the oc settings save portion.

I beleive I have a corruption of my bios in those banks, as I have some weird things if I save or load from those banks, I would like to wipe them and start clean.

I also have a flash chip left over from my P5W DH that I would like to flash as backup through a hotswap, but want to make sure it is wiped clean before flashing to it.

Thanks

linflas
10-16-2006, 08:11 AM
thx, will give it a go

linflas
10-17-2006, 10:44 AM
no joy, the banks are still full, any other options?

aamsel
10-17-2006, 08:26 PM
I have no idea.
That SHOULD have done it.

Anyone else?

Andrew