PDA

View Full Version : Wii and media

Starscream
10-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Wel Nintendo killed of DVD playback a while ago so u cant put DVDs into the Wii.

Wel im a complete noob when it comes to such stuff so i want to know if Nintendo killing DVD playback means that the wii will nvr play Movies?

Cause i had hopes of hooking up an external HD to the USB port of the Wii and play media that way. does anyone know if that is possible? Or is that also impossible?

Fr3ak
10-15-2006, 10:59 AM
From what I know its not possible to play DVDs with it. At least without mods.
But there is the possibility that there will be some kinda media player out that you can use to play movies from a external source.

Starscream
10-16-2006, 01:34 PM
hope so cause my DVD player is dead.

Enough cheapish DVD players around but with them u nvr know what quality ur getting,

if the Wii can play a movie from a SD card or an external HD connected to the USB it would be another reason for me to buy it (as dvd players with USB that allow u to hook up HDs to the USB r rare/expensive).

Like i just dont know enough about it to know if Nintendo killing of DVD playback absolutely makes it imposible for it to play anything besides games.
ive tried Google and checked a few Nintendo/Wii fansites but cant find anything.

ps Wii pre-order 230 euro :)

flavoraid
10-31-2006, 03:21 AM
buy a cheapo dvd player problem solved.

buy a xbox and put a hdd in it and u got a media center ;)

will wii even use 120mm discs?

Kingcarcas
11-01-2006, 03:51 AM
No biggie, DVD players are like $20 now?? I just bought a Divx dvd player for $80 anyway :D The Wii is supposed to be small so they left out dvd playback.