PDA

View Full Version : The Corsair Nautilus GPU water block

Eastcoasthandle
10-12-2006, 09:37 AM
The Corsair Nautilus GPU water block is designed to provide maximum cooling for NVIDIA 7800, 7900, and 7950 GT series video cards.
* Compatible with NVIDIA 7800 GT, 7800 GTX, 7900 GT, 7900 GTX and
7950 GT series video cards.
* Compact and low profile size design allowing use of adjacent PCI slots
* Pure copper block base to provide efficient cooling directly to the GPU and RAM
* RAM Pad mounting points for maximum mounting contacts
* Simple design featuring one inlet and one outlet for cooling two cards simultaneously
* Stainless steel hold downs
* Low flow restriction
* Each unit is pressure tested before shipment to ensure a leak-free system

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/eastcoasthandle/GPUblocks_Top.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/eastcoasthandle/GPUblocks_Side.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/eastcoasthandle/GPUblock_Side.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/eastcoasthandle/GPUblock_Front.jpg

Link (http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/nautilus_gpu_blocks.html)

thunderstruck!
10-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Another craptacular watercooling product from Corsair.

Sumanji
10-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Why craptacular? Looks ok...

vudoodoodoo
10-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Flow killer.

nn_step
10-12-2006, 10:45 AM
that is the most horrible cooling solution I have ever seen

ANP !!!
10-12-2006, 11:13 AM
No Impressive attt all :((

Nanometer
10-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Stupid engineers

XSAlliN
10-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Is that home made?

DFI pit bull
10-12-2006, 12:45 PM
I think it's a rather nice idea, a very neat design.

ocmyface
10-12-2006, 12:54 PM
:sick: :sick: :sick:

bad bad bad design. flow killer :horse:

Turtle 1
10-12-2006, 01:10 PM
I think it's a rather nice idea, a very neat design.
I second that . Also the flow problem everyone is talking about.

IN Hyd. systems how does one overcome Flow problems. ANS. Pressure!

With the heat issue transferring from the CPU to the GPU' s I think this is a nice GPU cooler. Fact is when wife gets here I will show her these . I bet she will buy. Maze 4 is nice but she was looking for something a little more pleasing to the eye's. These would look great in her modded Lian Li V-2000 case. :clap:

When will they release these for the ATI x1900xt cards?

marauder16
10-12-2006, 01:16 PM
man this will cool like nothing, the water is just passing through that block and killing the flow, no use of that one...get the vf900 as it will be better than this one and you won't hurt your flow... :slapass:

Kunaak
10-12-2006, 01:23 PM
I think people just like putting down any company thats not swiftech or dangerden...

seems like no matter what people release these days, all anyone says is that it sucks and its a flow killer...

does anyone even realize... this is almost identical to dangerdens design... which people seem to readily accept.
funny how that happens.

thunderstruck!
10-12-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't approve of any full cover blocks..

Steensen
10-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Kunaak Couldn't agree any more.
But there is one huge problem:
The distance between the two GFX _must_ be the same as the distanse (number of slots) that the engineers thought about.

Compatible with only double spaced PCI-E motherboards:

ASUS A8N-SLI/SE/Deluxe/Premium
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
ASUS CROSSHAIR
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe/Wireless Edition
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
ASUS P5NSLI
ASUS P5ND2-SLI/Deluxe
ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe/SE Deluxe
ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP
DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert/Venus
DFI LANPARTY UT NF590-SLI-M2R/G
MSI K9N Diamond
MSI K9N SLI Platinum
MSI K8N Diamond Plus
ABIT Fatality AN9 32X
ABIT AN9 32X
ABIT KN9 SLI

But if you do have one of those Motherbords, then it is an interresting consept with that "water SLI bridge".

afireinside
10-12-2006, 02:10 PM
I think people just like putting down any company thats not swiftech or dangerden...

seems like no matter what people release these days, all anyone says is that it sucks and its a flow killer...

does anyone even realize... this is almost identical to dangerdens design... which people seem to readily accept.
funny how that happens.

These are terrible and dangerdens are just as bad. Full cover blocks are an absolute joke and should never be used by anyone.

Sumanji
10-12-2006, 02:42 PM

QFT

By full cover blocks you mean covering Core and RAM, yes?

Steensen
10-13-2006, 04:06 AM
By full cover blocks you mean covering Core and RAM, yes?
Yes, and some times Vregs too.

But look at EK waterblocks, these full cover blocks perform better than a GPU only Maze4 block, if the owner is capable of mounting it correct, which is most likely the problem most full cover block owners have.

iddqd
10-13-2006, 05:03 AM

But look at EK waterblocks, these full cover blocks perform better than a GPU only Maze4 block, if the owner is capable of mounting it correct, which is most likely the problem most full cover block owners have.
Yes, they lack the 600GPH eheim 1060 pump. :D

theteamaqua
10-13-2006, 05:20 AM
:sick: :sick: :sick:

bad bad bad design. flow killer :horse:

haha i liek the icons u used

MaxxxRacer
10-13-2006, 06:06 PM

funny how that happens.

just about exactly what i was going to say.. the only thing that corsaid did a bit odly was the interconnect for sli...

Shpoon
10-13-2006, 08:42 PM
I think it looks horrible (I think all full covers are dumb)...

That has a sharp turn, 90 elbow, flow restrtiction, 90 elbow, and a sharp tubing bend to finish it off...

Nanometer
10-13-2006, 08:51 PM
just about exactly what i was going to say.. the only thing that corsaid did a bit odly was the interconnect for sli...

Can you not see all the sharp angles? We aren't putting it down for being made by Corsair, it's actually a good concept idea that other companies can use.... It's just bad simply because it isn't a good basic design. You can be sure this will not perform as well as the other blocks, and you can be sure it will probably be just as expensive or more because it's from Corsair.

syne_24
10-13-2006, 09:01 PM

funny how that happens.

Yea I heard ya. If they smooth out the turns and corners more then it wouldnt be half as bad. I give them some credit for not just sitting around and making ram. We saw some power supply from them which is pretty damn good for first timer, and now this, well not so great. But if they can do some more R&D, I wouldnt underestimate their potential.

Turtle 1
10-13-2006, 10:14 PM

funny how that happens.

Ya I seen that. Fact is I thought it was a dangerden block made for corsair. What I like is how the water ports are placed.

J-Mag
10-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah I have never really seen a point to full coverage blocks. Also, the HS for the voltage regulator still needs some air flow...

Turtle 1
10-13-2006, 10:27 PM

Thats exactly it. Since the PCB's are productions jobs you get a small verance between the gpu' and the rams hieght.

As far as the log between the 2 cards. I would never run a looped system .

Everthing thats water cooled should have its own water supply via a manifold. Its a lot more expensive because you need 2 pumps. Because of the preasure drop so you would lose flow. With 2 pumps you can maintain flow . The supply manifold should also have flow control valves so you can dial in flow for each water(liquad) block.

Turtle 1
10-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah I have never really seen a point to full coverage blocks. Also, the HS for the voltage regulator still needs some air flow...

Really don't you think that the Voltage regulaters for the GPU and M/B should use water blocks also?