PDA

View Full Version : G.skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ w/aw9d-max = Cant run MEMTEST

deetsnai
10-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Currently running the rig in my thread orthos stable. However i cant run memtest. I burned a boot cd and i see the blue sceen of memtest and half a sec later it restarts. I tried the cd in my friends opty 165 2.7ghz machine and it ran fine.
Memtest does this at stock(cmos reset 4:5), stock 1:1, oc'ed etc. I dont know if its the mobo or the ram. hoping its just a bios flash.
Other probs:
-2:3 and 4:5 ratio has horrible floating point bandwidth. 1:1 runs like a god
-401 fsb 1:1 wont pass orthos with out really pounding on the voltage. Others are having this problem also, however just the fact that i need 1.45vcore and 1.67 mch for 20mhz more fsb windows stable is just :(

I dont know what other test to run to see if my hardware is at fault. I could RMA the ram however its cost has gone up 50$. If i exchange im worried that i'll have the same problems, and i dont want to get worse ram for the same cost due to the inflation of DDR2.

What test should i RUN to test my system? I also have dual boot vista which has a memory test program at the boot menu and my system passed with flying colors.

GSKILL TECH
10-11-2006, 03:23 PM
memtest 86+ and memtest windows are not working right on some of the mobos

we don't have aw9d yet but there should not be any problem to run on 975 mobo
if you can run with DDR2 800 on either one of memory divider but not others, it is more relat your motherboard problem