PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Now available for Pre-Order at Game-Stops

mr_knowitall15
10-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Like it sez^
Apparently NO ONE knew about it, as i went to my local store a mere 1 and a half hours before they opened, and tied two people there (im #3).
I dont want an early sont product, let alone one that has already had reports of being troublesome, AND one that doesnt really have any great launch games. Hellllo Ebay! :woot:

charlie
10-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure if I really want one.

My plan for winter is to get an old stock 720p DLP 40" TV for about $800... that's the native resolution for a XBOX 360... that'd be a nice console rig.

Kunaak
10-10-2006, 04:50 PM
might as well buy on if you can, its a 100% garauntee these will be exceptionally hard to get this winter once it actually launchs, since the numbers for the launch keep dropping on how many they will actually have available...

so if you wanted to make some easy money, buy one, and throw it onto ebay...

its almost a sure thing you will make a nice profit from it.
it's gonna sell, no matter how bad it finally is at launch...

damn. now I got myself thinking about doing that...

Shift
10-10-2006, 05:14 PM
might as well buy on if you can, its a 100% garauntee these will be exceptionally hard to get this winter once it actually launchs, since the numbers for the launch keep dropping on how many they will actually have available...

so if you wanted to make some easy money, buy one, and throw it onto ebay...

its almost a sure thing you will make a nice profit from it.
it's gonna sell, no matter how bad it finally is at launch...

damn. now I got myself thinking about doing that...

Yep that is what happened with the XBOX 360. Get the premium bundle with two games, and all of a sudden you got yourself an XBOX 360 that's selling for one grand:D:D:D

mr_knowitall15
10-10-2006, 06:33 PM
A grand?? Where were you. 360 Premiums alone were getting into 2 grands. Bundle an extra controller and 2 games, easy 2500+. Some people are suckers for their kids. The cant stand to tell the kids that santa doesnt exist because he couldnt even get em a 360. :fact:

Shift
10-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Talk about suckers; their was a guy on ebay who was waiting for people to bid on him. Basically he would wait on line all night to get you the 360, and then hand deliver it to you. You had to pay for him waiting, and all his expenses that allowed him to get to your house (taxi, airfare, etc.). Sad part is he actually got people to bid on him, and he made like a thousand.

Oh yea forgot, you also had to pay for the 360 and all that you wanted with it.

WeaponII
10-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Apparently Sony and eBay are fighting against people posting their PS3's on eBay for sales until next year. If I remember where I found the report, I'll post it.

mr_knowitall15
10-11-2006, 09:15 AM
id like to see them try. That sounds liek a pretty unfair practice to me. If i buy a system, i should be free to do whatever the f--- i want with it. Especially if i can benefit from some suckers. i mean customers :D

J-Mag
10-11-2006, 10:10 AM
My gamestop had a line around the corner yesterday... :(

Not as if I want the PS3 myself, but I see the $ like everyone else.

flavoraid
10-11-2006, 10:40 AM
I talked to my buddy at blockbuster and no where in canada is getting preorders appearently because there is no guarenteed qualities going out to stores and their have way more problems than 360 ever did (basically buggy as hella)

echow87
10-11-2006, 04:19 PM
the ps3s are selling for ALOT already..check the bay, over $1200

revlimiter9000
10-12-2006, 12:38 PM
the ps3s are selling for ALOT already..check the bay, over $1200 You going to get one big baller?

[XC] MarioMaster
10-12-2006, 03:49 PM
ebgames can preorder them now as well, but i'm not gonna bother, i want my wii :)

[cTx]Philosophy
10-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Screw ps3, Id like one just to throw a folding client on, besides that console gaming for me is officially over..

specv
10-12-2006, 05:49 PM
wii preorders tomorrow

xenolith
10-12-2006, 07:35 PM
These PS3's should be just like last year with the 360. The general public can forget trying to find one in the retail channels. Ebay scalpers have been planning their pre-order strategies way ahead of Joe Sicspak. Can't really blame the scalpers for this though. The suckers who find they need to satisfy their spoiled, snotty-nosed brat with a new toy every year, they're more to blame.

Kingcarcas
10-13-2006, 01:40 AM
Apparently Sony and eBay are fighting against people posting their PS3's on eBay for sales until next year. If I remember where I found the report, I'll post it.
That would be complete crap since my bro is giving me $2000 and i'm camping out at Best Buy :banana: After he throws them up on ebay he'll give me a piece of the pie and i'm getting a Wii :D

Dave_Sz
10-13-2006, 09:53 AM
$2k? for what? You can only buy one no matter where you go. Plus if you got to one place and get one, by the time you get to the other place, they'll be sold out......

WeaponII
10-13-2006, 04:01 PM
I'll be camping at BestBuy for one, anyways.

ak_47_boy
10-20-2006, 04:22 PM
For a nights camping you could make $400 by selling it on ebay :) I am thinking about doing it, i would for shure but i am worried thats even the most hard headed people have figured out it will be a disaster...

edit: If they ban ps3's off ebay sony is going to piss of even more people. They have to learn not to be nazi's, fricking copy protection viruses and such. Consumers are going to turn against sony. Personaly i see it at many AV fourms also, no one buys sony anymore. They used to be top notch now sony is considered med-fi.

Dave_Sz
10-23-2006, 04:15 PM

that report doesn't exist..........

mr_knowitall15
10-24-2006, 07:19 AM
one of my friends contacted ebay about all the rumors of deleted accounts and such. The ebay rep he spoke with told him that auctions were getting closed because ebay rules say the item must be shipped within 30 days of the sale. And up untila week ago, that was not possible.
I hope that helps put all these rumors to bed.

flavoraid
10-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I preordered at EB games, got another from blockbuster

im likely going to sell them both at launch.

ochw
10-24-2006, 10:04 AM
still can not make my mind i got a xbox 360 do not know if it worth having both

GOATSLAYER
11-15-2006, 07:46 PM
dang it, mine is out of pre-orders.