PDA

View Full Version : New 360 system, one annoyance

LazyBum
10-10-2006, 10:11 AM
So far I really like the system, gaming in 1080i or 720p is pretty sweet. After we got our 47" Samsung I couldn't bear to turn on the PS2, magnified that much it looked horrible :fact: We only have 2 games so far, Hitman:Blood Money, and Call of Duty 2, not sure what other games to look at getting.

The annoyance I have is that every time the system is powered up it automatically signs onto my profile. I even deleted and renamed the profile, and the system still logs onto this profile automatically. I can't seem to find a way to disable this auto logon, which is really annoying to my roommate since he plays it more than me. I would prefer to have the system go to a profile menu at bootup, rather than randomly signing one in. How do I fix this?

Sobe NoFear
10-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Sign in. Press the guide button. Then click on your gamescore, a new screen comes up and the last thing is disable auto sign-in :toast:
I love the 360 and its games too :woot:
Soon i have to get an hdtv though :slobber:
Have fun :banana:

LazyBum
10-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks, I figured there was a way to do it, but that way would not be simple or intuitive (it IS Microsoft ;p )
Our HDTV is a cheapie as far as HD goes, rear projection one from Sam's club, but for the money it does as much as you can expect. For $1000 it does 1080i and 720p, and has a built in HD tuner, if the local stations ever start broadcasting a usable signal.

Kingcarcas
10-13-2006, 01:34 AM
^ Where do you live, around here the local channels are in HD:confused:

LazyBum
10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm in Fargo, ND - not exactly a huge city, around 150,000 metro area
A couple of the stations broadcast in HD, but my apartment is on the basement level so my signal sux. Can't connect to the builiding antenna because I have cable internet. AFAIK locally CBS and public TV are broadcasting iin HD, maybe Fox now too.

squilliam
10-21-2006, 08:41 PM
I have recently seen a 52" Samsung at Sam's Club
for approximately $1300. It wasn't bad at all. In-fact
my neighbor purchased one and I had to install it for
him. Nothing like spending 30 minutes at a pesrons
house and walking away with $100. Generous people
are great.

mnewxcv
10-21-2006, 08:46 PM
project gotham!

squilliam
10-22-2006, 07:21 AM
Guitar Hero 2 all the way!
I'd also recommend hitting XBL and
downloading some of their arcade hits.
Lumines just hit and I hear Geometry Wars
is amazing.

Maviryk
10-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Guitar Hero is available for 360? Shoot I gotta go and get that now... I thought it was only for PS2.

[XC]thewildblue
10-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Got my 360 on friday, but I want/need a HDTV now. Project gotham is a wicked game but Im waiting for forza 2 !

Has anyone tried the firmware mod at all ? Makes the DVD read all media apparently.

Maviryk
10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Firmware mod depends on the DVD drive you have.

And it doesn't read "all" media. You have to use a certain brand of DVD roms and a certain burner. More info at mod the box I think.

flavoraid
10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
360 does look pretty on plasmas thanks for making this thread i had the same issue and play the same 360 games (hitman and cod2 :P) I own oblivion and halo1/2 thats basically all I play . does ur 360 ever crash if u play for long periods of time? if were playing for 6hours straight we gotta let it cool down for 30mins or so :S it happens when people come to play halo all night round robin style :P

[XC]thewildblue
10-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Firmware mod depends on the DVD drive you have.

And it doesn't read "all" media. You have to use a certain brand of DVD roms and a certain burner. More info at mod the box I think.

Seems I have the hitachi drive, got the firmware down ready, hopefully do this weekend. Got the right media as well, vebatim dual layer. So fingers crossed.

Nosfer@tu
11-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Seems I have the hitachi drive, got the firmware down ready, hopefully do this weekend. Got the right media as well, vebatim dual layer. So fingers crossed.

Dident know you needed Verbatim Dual layer :(

I have the samsung drive, But hent modded yet..
But MS is banning modded firmware.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/1880

Do dont know if we need to buy the Chip in order to avaoid that?

This link I looked for, It is a guide on how to geet the xbox connected to your computer :)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/digitalmedia/pc.htm