PDA

View Full Version : Einstein@home

UCmajewski
10-09-2006, 11:24 AM
We do have a pretty solid team ... that may be down there position wise, but we are picking up a lot of vault points. Im trying to get us to 8000 in every Physical Science / Math project once we reach it ... I move on. We are almost there on this one .... but could use 1 - 2 computer push.

If you are tired of some of the headaches from other projects ...... I must say this is an extradonarily great one since the servers always have available work and the best part is each instance of Einstein@home takes up from 5 - 20 megs each.

[XC]melymel
10-09-2006, 12:07 PM
How long are the wu's? I seem to remeber them being quite long 10hours+ before which is what put me off. :toast:

UCmajewski
10-09-2006, 02:43 PM
How long are the wu's? I seem to remeber them being quite long 10hours+ before which is what put me off. :toast:

They dont seem too long to me although its not like I have kept much an eye on them other than there is work and it doesnt take a lot of memory.

Jose
10-09-2006, 03:09 PM
They are long but they do seem to go fast and they do reward the fastest and powerful computers.
BTW I am doing Einstein as Well as SETI.... we need the points.
This Diablo is fast and powerful ...I have a lot of projects in the manager I can play with, run EON ( We need help in EON) , SOB and MJ12.

UCmajewski
10-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I just had one complete ... 5 hours. EON is up next ..... im glad someone fired up some DPAD recently ..... we are up in almost every physical science projects.

[XC] riptide
10-09-2006, 05:15 PM
im glad someone fired up some DPAD recently ..... we are up in almost every physical science projects.
That would be me... think Dragon was helping out too.. ;) I have another major dump coming on that...

[XC] DragonOrta
10-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Yep, I've been running DPAD on my 2.8 P4 laptop 24/7. When it doesn't shut off from overheating, that is. :p:

2fink
12-04-2006, 12:20 PM
10k broken... next 10k should be much faster... new cpu is running better than ever...

UCmajewski
12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
10k broken... next 10k should be much faster... new cpu is running better than ever...

Nice we almost got this project up to 9000 vault points which should be a goal for every project within reason. We are so far out to make any big charge in this project which is a shame since it is so solid.