PDA

View Full Version : HATE my web designer!

charlie
04-21-2003, 02:20 PM
All,
Hopefully someone will see this. I had this company start my website like a year ago and they dropped the ball big time. I had a partially completed website up for a long time. They finally get around to finishing my change requests and they pull the plug on the site so I can't even look at it to review it. I want to tell them to shove it and have someone else do my site. I'm sure theyll pop up and say we want payment for all our hours of work (with no end result) ! Can they do this? And If I want to yank my domain name from them and find a new host how do I do it? I want to get a new host and make my own basic "under construction page" with Frontpage. How do I do it?? Tips??
C

Smizack
04-21-2003, 03:05 PM
You don't have to have a web designer. I run through Doteasy. I'm sure there are cheaper ones out there, but they have been good to me.
I do the web design, but it's been on some off time right now kinda. It's www.shugadaddy.com I just put something up till we get our crap sifted out... :rolleyes:

You can't really tech someone how to write thier own code in a situation like this. Mabey if you have AIM, you can catch me sometime.
But Frontpage is pretty basic. Just play with it a bit and you'll get it down in no time.

Oh, and html goodies (http://www.htmlgoodies.com) has some good tips on almost everything.

CCW
04-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Charlie, if you can use word or excel you can use frontpage, its simple to use but there are plenty of good books available, a basic under construction page will take you know more thean 10 mins in frontpage

charlie
04-26-2003, 02:00 PM
ccw,
thanks, I'll get reading! Any sources for pre-made templates and such??
C

CCW
04-27-2003, 01:40 PM
i dont know of any but if you type webmaster resources in google or somehting you will get hundreds of pages dishing out free templates

Smizack
05-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by charlie
ccw,
thanks, I'll get reading! Any sources for pre-made templates and such??
C

You mean an entire page?
If you want to just play around:
>Right click >view source
Then upload it to your site. Of course the pics won't work, but you'd just have to play with it.
Most htlm how-to sites have free code you can play with.

Johnny Knoxvill
05-16-2003, 04:18 AM
use macromedia dreamweaver, it can make some damn good sites, i think it's better than frontpage.

Swoosher
05-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Knoxvill
use macromedia dreamweaver, it can make some damn good sites, i think it's better than frontpage.

And it ain't cheap either. 500+$ here in Finland...

But seriously, how many of you really buy ALL of your software? (I know, freeware and OSource...)

wdd1040
05-22-2003, 08:54 AM

CCW
05-27-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Knoxvill

its way better than frontpage but takes a lil bit longer to learn i love dreamweaver but its so expensive

Attitudx
05-27-2003, 08:55 AM
i have used dreamweaver and umm it rocked. I like hotdog as well it is pretty good

wdd1040
05-27-2003, 08:57 AM

CCW
05-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by wdd1040
then again, a lot of them can also code a page straight from notepad and do the images in paint if needed too. :)

yeah but most of em wouldnt anywya, would take too long compared to firing up the macromedia suite :D common, we al lknow pro's are lazy :stick:

Craig

wdd1040
05-27-2003, 09:21 AM