PDA

View Full Version : Crunchers Inc.

itznfb
10-09-2006, 03:48 AM
I've been pretty busy.... and i didn't notice, did we pass Crunchers last night? or the night before? :rofl: :woot:

next up.... Easynews :)

Martijn
10-09-2006, 07:47 AM
We have a few more to go:

http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/overtake.php?project=wcg&team=8674
;)

Movieman
10-09-2006, 07:49 AM
We have a few more to go:

http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/overtake.php?project=wcg&team=8674
;)
That is one I'll enjoy seeing "on the downside of my stream"(see avatar):D
Don't tell Jose, as I KNOW just how much he loves Boinc Synergy!:ROTF:

NickS
10-09-2006, 07:50 AM
I wanna see the looks on these teams faces when they see this "random team called Xtreme Systems," pass them. I wonder if they know we're famous for doing this. :rofl:

Movieman
10-09-2006, 07:52 AM
I wanna see the looks on these teams faces when they see this "random team called Xtreme Systems," pass them. I wonder if they know we're famous for doing this. :rofl:
they will probably say we're cheating. The cry of all when they can't compete.:D

NickS
10-09-2006, 08:00 AM
:rofl: BAKER*COUGH*BAKER

adamant415
10-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Should there be some mass emailing soon to get more members to join? I know people want to take down easy news but they are a long way ahead of us and are currently producing about 3 times the amount of points that our team produces daily. Each day that goes by we just fall further behind.

Movieman
10-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Should there be some mass emailing soon to get more members to join? I know people want to take down easy news but they are a long way ahead of us and are currently producing about 3 times the amount of points that our team produces daily. Each day that goes by we just fall further behind.
Working on it as we speak.:D

adamant415
10-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Good to hear. In the post I should have given a little more credit to our team though. We are accomplishing the second higest points generated with less than 200 members. Easy News has over 4,000 members. That is simply an amazing feat.

Movieman
10-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Good to hear. In the post I should have given a little more credit to our team though. We are accomplishing the second higest points generated with less than 200 members. Easy News has over 4,000 members. That is simply an amazing feat.
Something to think on: We just passed IBM Americas, they have 240 members and this is the killer: They started in 2004 and WCG is IBM's pet project, they wrote it!:D

NickS
10-09-2006, 08:52 AM
LOL. I cant believe Easynews only has that many members! A lot of them must not be very dedicated like us (like 1 PC per member.)

lv_dicedealer
10-09-2006, 08:57 AM
We should have a goal of every member of XS passing Crunchers Inc. on their own...

I know that is my personal goal!

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-09-2006, 09:00 AM
One way or another we will get #1. WITH OUT CHEATING.
Feel the power of a real DC Team as we squash you and then :hump: your sister!

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-09-2006, 09:02 AM
LOL. I cant believe Easynews only has that many members! A lot of them must not be very dedicated like us (like 1 PC per member.)

They are really not a team. It is a web hosting company that trades space for cpu power on wcg.

itznfb
10-09-2006, 09:27 AM
They are really not a team. It is a web hosting company that trades space for cpu power on wcg.

this is true. but they also have quite a few dedicated members.

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-09-2006, 09:37 AM
I know your right but wanted to help Nicks understand were they "in general" are coming from.

Movieman
10-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Not quite. Easynews is a pay news service for usenet.
How they work it is that for every 15 days crunching they give you an additional gig of downloads..
Effective tool, and also tells you how much money they are making if they can make this offer.

Fr3ak
10-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I like the link Martijn posted. It says

"XtremeSystems will not be overtaken by anyone!"

That pretty much sums it up.

I am in the process of watercooling all of my rigs, so they will be crunching faster than ever in a bit :)

Movieman
10-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I know your right but wanted to help Nicks understand were they "in general" are coming from.
NP Pal, really doesn't matter what they are or who they are or what they do!
They are going DOWN like a 50 year old floozy at the sight of a hundred dollar bill!:D

DAK1640
10-09-2006, 12:47 PM
:woot: :banana: :woot: :woot: This pic pretty much sums it up...:banana:

Martijn
10-09-2006, 12:55 PM
I also noticed the fact that the time of overtaking EasyNews has been reduced from +500 days to ~280 :D

NickS
10-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok, wtf? See attachment.

Jaco
10-09-2006, 09:40 PM
points generated yesterday :

Easynews 3.076.855
XtremeSystems 1.364.273

We used to have 1/3 of their daily production , yesterday almost 1/2

[XC] serlv
10-09-2006, 09:53 PM
NP Pal, really doesn't matter what they are or who they are or what they do!
They are going DOWN like a 50 year old floozy at the sight of a hundred dollar bill!:D

Ummm, Dave...

most of us don't know anything 'bout 50 year old floozy(s)...

uhh-hmm >>> :owned:

Movieman
10-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Like everything else that flows out of BS, that chart is totally wrong.
Now logic tells you that a team doing a million+ day can't possibly be overtaking a team that is doing 3 million a day..duh?
We had our best day so far yesterday with 1.3+ mil.
We need to be at a 4-5 million a day level to run down EasyNews.
Cold truth but it is the truth.
IF tomorrow we did 4 million and 4 million every day after that it would take close to 9 months to catch them.
Make our output 5 million a day and you 1/2 that time to 4 1/2 months.
We need to shoot for a 5 million a day output.
Sounds like an incredible number and it is, BUT it is not impossible to do.
We have to start using our brains and contacts to come up with ways to start getting to that number.
This ain't adding granny's old XP1600 folks although those will help.
This is raw,savage war that needs everything we can think of.
Businesses,schools, anywhere and anyone that will allow us access.
This makes catching the DPC and Free DC in Rosetta look like they were a cakewalk.
You want to see this in an easily understood manner?
If we could clone DDTUNG and get 12 more exactly like him then we would be at 5 million a day. Thats a rough estimate but if you run his numbers I bet it's pretty close.
Sorry to say it so cold but this isn't going to happen easily.

Ummm, Dave...

most of us don't know anything 'bout 50 year old floozy(s)...

uhh-hmm >>> :owned:
ahh, Scott? Neither do I my friend. Oldest lady that I ever spent any intimate time with was 38 at the time.
The last one was 24 years old.:p:

rob725
10-09-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm guessing the overtake on the chart is related strictly to boinc; easynews may have a lot of the other client.

Movieman
10-09-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm guessing the overtake on the chart is related strictly to boinc; easynews may have a lot of the other client.
Rob: thats quite possible. I missed that perspective.
I'm looking strictly at WCG's site and seeing them at 3 mil and us at 1 mil for my comments.

Jaco
10-10-2006, 01:46 AM

correct.
this makes the BOINC stats pretty useless, imo.

I only check it now and then to see my daily output. (multiply by 7 to have WCG points)

[XC] hipno650
10-10-2006, 02:54 PM
ya most of their people use the ud clients. so we are still a ways off. but we will win! we will!!!!!!!!!!!