PDA

View Full Version : debating whether to buy xbox 360

cMw
10-08-2006, 02:31 PM
I've decided I want a new console since my PC has been down for about 2 weeks now since vid card died, I was contemplating getting an x360. If I buy one it will most likely be the premium system or w/e and I wanted to get xbox live gold. Now the thing that bothers me is the ethernet cable.. I have a wireless wouter and the main family pc connected to it and my pc downstairs on a NIC card. Now the family pc and router are in our "sunroom" and theres a tv in the livnig room which is right next to it, basically what im asking is would i have to wire the ethernet cable from the xbox 360 from one room into the router which is in the other room? or is there possibly a wireless solution to this ?

ZX7891
10-08-2006, 03:48 PM
http://www.gameexpress.com/product_detail.cfm?UPC=882224035682

MrDeeds
10-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Any wireless bridge will do. There are some cheaper than the official xbox360 one.

cMw
10-08-2006, 04:34 PM
http://www.gameexpress.com/product_detail.cfm?UPC=882224035682
thank ya

only research i did on it was look on bestbuy.com haha so thx for the help

ugp
10-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Man I would say get one. This is the year a lot of games are coming out for the system and it is going to be an aweosme Christmas for XBOX 360.

Gears of War has to be the most exciting title coming out. I am tempted to get it. I already have another game on Pre-Order.

I bought my XBOX 360 a few months ago and I am loving it.

cMw
10-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Man I would say get one. This is the year a lot of games are coming out for the system and it is going to be an aweosme Christmas for XBOX 360.

Gears of War has to be the most exciting title coming out. I am tempted to get it. I already have another game on Pre-Order.

I bought my XBOX 360 a few months ago and I am loving it.
do u have like random freeze ups or anything?

and does anyone know if the price for the system is expected to drop because of the Wii coming out ?

i dont wanna buy it and then have it drop 100-200 dollars in a few months / weeks

Kingcarcas
10-13-2006, 01:35 AM
^ Microsoft has denied the rumors over and over again, personally i think they're telling the truth(as if they'd actually admit they were dropping the price)and they will drop it next year when PS3 launches in Europe and Xenon is on 65nm:banana: Hopefully i'll have the cash to buy one with a bunch of $20 games :p:

ugp
10-13-2006, 07:11 AM
I haven't had any issues with anything thus far.

I doubt they will drop the system price due to the fact of how much the PS3 is going to be and they know it is going to suck ass.

But I have Gears of War on preorder and hopefully GameStop releases it early in the EBGames stores like they have plans to.

dmce
10-29-2006, 02:10 AM
I doubt the PS3 will "suck ass"

The 360 is a nice console. Only games i have a pro evo and tiger woods 07. Both have occasional slowdown, albeait in mostly un-important areas. The recent Rainbow 6 demo had it as well, but i have read that it was an old demo and has been ironed out on final release. I was getting a little worried about that (slowdown)

Another thing to be aware of, is that some routers can cause annoyance with xbox live in that its slightly harder to connect or connect at all. This is just a heads up if you do run into troubles.