PDA

View Full Version : BeWeS mouse tracker Thread!

[XC]melymel
10-08-2006, 07:17 AM
project link: http://bmt.bewes.be/
XtremeSystems Free-DC stats; http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=bewes&team=XtremeSystems

This thread is here for us to put all Bewes info in, from project down time to stats and poking people for competition :p:. Below I have copy and pasted some information from the BeWeS site along with a quick setup guide for any new members. This is a fun little project that is a fun thing to have in the background. There are no real reasons not to run this project so why not? come and join in the fun and competition. :D.

What is MouseTracker ?

The BeWeS MouseTracker is a small program that keeps track of your mouse actions , like the distance your arrow travels across your screen , the amount of mouse clicks and in the future other actions too.

Why should i use MouseTracker ?

You can use MouseTracker to :
* keep track of your daily activity on your PC
* find out if other people use your PC while you're away
* compete against others in personal or team rankings
* win a prize in the future if you are the first to make the total distance reach a set amount.

Setup Guide

1)Firstly register for an account by filling in the form on this page; http://bmt.bewes.be/register
2)You will then be sent an email to the email address you entered in the registration form. Click the link in the email to confirm your account registration.
3)Once your registration is confirmed download the client from this page; http://bmt.bewes.be/downloads , Also on this page is the MSINET.OCX file. You may have to download this if your original download doesn't work and throws up an error message saying the file is missing.
4)Simply run the installer and fill in your the required details when prompted by the installer.
5)once installed and registered log into your account on the BeWeS site and clicking join team, search for XtremeSystems.

and your done :fact:

:toast:

Jeff
10-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Great thread! :toast:

And if anyone can figure out how to run it under a 64-bit Windows install, please do share. ;)

Jeff
10-08-2006, 07:45 AM
The official stats page:
http://bmt.bewes.be/stats/teams/592

[edit]Thanks Jose! :toast:

Martijn
10-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Great thread! :toast:

And if anyone can figure out how to run it under a 64-bit Windows install, please do share. ;)
Now I understand why it didn't work out as it should. I'll see whether I get it up and running :)

EDIT: can't get it to work with compatibilty mode :(

[XC]melymel
10-08-2006, 08:39 AM
People: Allow me to be like a cold shower on horny guy:
Please remeber to crunch projects that will get us vaull points. There are several projects in the vault where we need help and that can gie us a lot of points to catch the cows. Please do those first .

Although this doesnt get us vault points it is still fun and does not affect the running of any vault projects, so quit thread crapping and get joining! :D

Also I just checked out the official stats on their site and it seems they have the total and team distance stats messed up it shows me as having jeffs total and insancen with mine and so on down the team. So maybe ignore the total distance stats on their site or just use F-DC stats. :toast:

[XC]melymel
10-08-2006, 09:13 AM
I am not forcing anyone to do anything against their will. So please dont accuse me of something I will never do .

I just pointed out the obvious: The reality is this we are in position Vault position 13 to overtake the team in position 12 ( The DPCs) we need more than 20 k Vault Points. It is as simple as that: fun projects may be fun but they dont get us close to the cows.

I thought the idea into diverting into other DC Projects was to improve XtremeSystem's Vault Standing.

I thought that in this section we were going to be promoting Vault Point Generating Projects . That is what I have been promoting and doing . It seems I was wrong.

It seems that the best thing I can do is to keep my mouth shut and ignore this unfair attack against me and , better still, to start ignoring threads not related to DC Vault Projects.

I will do my projects in silence.

Exeunt.

I'm confused and surprised at this post jose :confused:. Have you read my above post as I was explaining why to run this project, this is also a general DC section which we use to cover ALL DC projects which this is. No one is attacking you simply saying please don't post things that will detract interest from a project if the project is of no harm, IT DOESN'T AFFECT THE VAULT AT ALL POSITIVELY OR NEGATIVELY, It does however affect our Free-DC DCR team ranking :fact:.

em99010pepe
10-08-2006, 09:16 AM
You guys should forget this project because it is possible to cheat. Look at my score....
Remember D2OL? I was right....

Carlos

[XC]melymel
10-08-2006, 09:20 AM
You guys should forget this project because it is possible to cheat.

Is anyone near the top cheating at the moment?

I will continue to run it never the less, as I said no harm is done by it and it's all stats. :)

em99010pepe
10-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Is anyone near the top cheating at the moment?

Just run the client by yourself and watch the other guys.;)
When I was running it I noticed guys doing 50-60km per day, that's impossible!

Carlos

[XC]melymel
10-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Just run the client by yourself and watch the other guys.;)
When I was running it I noticed guys doing 50-60km per day, that's impossible!

Carlos

I was thinking perhaps they have installed it on an entire business' computers or something along those lines but anyway it is still fun to compete within the team and with other teams that we know aren't cheating. :toast:

em99010pepe
10-08-2006, 09:37 AM
I was thinking perhaps they have installed it on an entire business' computers or something along those lines but anyway it is still fun to compete within the team and with other teams that we know aren't cheating. :toast:

No, do you see those names in the top of the other DC projects?

Carlos

[XC]melymel
10-08-2006, 10:06 AM
No, do you see those names in the top of the other DC projects?

Carlos

Yes that point dawned on me after I had posted the above comment :p:. But my point still stands "it is still fun to compete within the team and with other teams that we know aren't cheating.". :toast:

em99010pepe
10-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Have fun, if you get closer to me I will make a huge dump!!!!!:D

Carlos

Jeff
10-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah, seems pretty easy to cheat here Carlos. BUT, it is kind of fun watching how much movement your mouse goes through in a day. :) (geeze... did I just say it is fun to watch my mouse move?) :lol:

And Jose, you are more than welcome to start threads for whatever projects you want, I just don't think it's right to pimp people away from projects that they may find interesting, even if it's "for the team". :shrug:

STEvil
10-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Just a misunderstanding guys. We're not diverting resources Jose, just trying to add some fun to the mix so we stay interested and competative.

[XC]melymel
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I see the collegiatemafia are finally actually giving some output :p:. I could use a challenge for motivation in trying to make up the large advantage Jeff has, you guys up to it? :D :toast:

Jeff
10-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I could use a challenge for motivation in trying to make up the large lead Jeff has...

The first time I read this I thought you said "make up for the large head Jeff has". :lol:

[XC]melymel
10-10-2006, 12:46 PM
The first time I read this I thought you said "make up for the large head Jeff has". :lol:

Now that you mention it that's what I'm reading now too, I think i'll edit it :D:.

[XC] DragonOrta
10-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I see the collegiatemafia are finally actually giving some output :p:.
Dam str8! We p!mp the hoes. :fact:

bullet2urbrain
10-10-2006, 02:00 PM
I see the collegiatemafia are finally actually giving some output :p:. I could use a challenge for motivation in trying to make up the large advantage Jeff has, you guys up to it? :D :toast:

DO: are you onboard??? if so MelyMel had best watch out. ex2cib and I have been playing some Coop RA2, and with that comes like 2-3 km days :D

OO MelyMel, where are you :p:

P!mpin Ain't easy.

bullet2urbrain
10-10-2006, 07:52 PM
oooh melymel.......

Where are you????? o thats right, you are now lookin @ our behinds :D

2 games of RA2 and me and ex2cib have unleashed 3km days :D

ex2cib
10-10-2006, 08:04 PM
i had something like 600m of distance in maybe an hour or so...too bad i gotta go study now, or i could have some more

[XC] DragonOrta
10-10-2006, 08:06 PM
DO: are you onboard??? if so MelyMel had best watch out. ex2cib and I have been playing some Coop RA2, and with that comes like 2-3 km days :D

OO MelyMel, where are you :p:

P!mpin Ain't easy.
I've been on since a few days ago. I'll be on BF2 alot, so BeWes will be aching from my end. :D

[XC] riptide
10-11-2006, 12:51 AM
he he. Nice little project. Give the mouse a workout and put him on a threadmill.! :D

[XC]melymel
10-11-2006, 04:04 AM
I haven't had time to dump yet and thanks to a half day in college I think I can get away with a few hours of quake3 fragging fun, then we'll see who laughs :D.

P.S. this view from second just keeps getting better :toast:

ex2cib
10-11-2006, 06:31 AM
you wont be there long melymel, trust me on that....just gotta figure out which game to fire up today....hmmmm

bullet2urbrain
10-11-2006, 06:37 AM
me thinks rainbow 6 lockdown is it for today

either way Mely, you will be #3 after today. Mark my words :D

ex2cib
10-11-2006, 06:49 AM
...b2b, get on aim if you can...

that is..if you roommates are done with their torrenting

[XC]melymel
10-11-2006, 06:57 AM
I shall await to see what you guys can do then but I wouldn't count on a secure second place even if you get a momentary taste of it. ;). My afternoon of gaming has not gone to plan so you should have an upper hand but the time has been spent getting 2 crunchers up and going again, so you may want to watch your back in DIMES too bullet2urb :D. :toast:

bullet2urbrain
10-11-2006, 07:44 AM
DIMES i stand no chance till November, and even then its going to be tough, there will be some big dailies in November.... but until then 11th is all yours Melymel

ex2cib
10-11-2006, 07:07 PM
and the mafia strikes again

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=bewes&team=XtremeSystems

[XC]melymel
10-12-2006, 08:28 AM
nice output guys now what to do to get 4km dailies :confused:. Although this is the first time in months I've had a gfx card better than an fx5200 so once I sort out the oc, prepare for some big milage ;). :toast:

bullet2urbrain
10-12-2006, 08:35 AM
we're anxious to see what you can bring MelyMel, perhaps if its high enough we'll make you an offer you cant refuse ;)

Cheers :toast:

o yeah, true to my word you finished the day in 3rd :p:

[XC]melymel
10-12-2006, 10:42 PM
we're anxious to see what you can bring MelyMel, perhaps if its high enough we'll make you an offer you cant refuse ;)

Cheers :toast:

o yeah, true to my word you finished the day in 3rd :p:

Well when my day ended I was in second :p: and this mornings dump that I forgot about just grabs it back :D. Lime pie and second in the dailies so far, first if py222 wouldn't have dumped :woot:

bullet2urbrain
10-13-2006, 08:34 AM
well now we will be taking back 2nd again :p:

you forgot my mini dump from yesterday evening. with no gaming only matlab and some EE projects :p:

[XC]melymel
10-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Well I gave my new pc a spin at a few games and I think I have second again thanks to a mere 7km today :p:. Now I'll have to wait to see what you guys have to throw back while building up a nice little stash here ;).

Your move :D :toast:

Jeff
10-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Wow, you guys really abuse your mice. :)

I'll be lucky to see next week up here. ;)

bullet2urbrain
10-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Our Move is Me moving my mouse around my QCK+ steelpad as fast as i can till my arm hurts, im @ 1.8 and climbing Mely, i hope you've been gaming since you typed that... i wont stop till 3km :-)

and frantically mouse moving for 6 minutes nets me 3.113 kilometers, coming down the pipe your way Mely.

However, i must go out and be social and drink many beers with my friends now, so my puter sits active, Your Move :D

ex2cib
10-13-2006, 09:34 PM
ill be up to 1km after a quick gaming session

STEvil
10-13-2006, 10:28 PM
should put a laser mouse on my server and put a dremel under it... :D

bullet2urbrain
10-13-2006, 11:25 PM
325 am just got back from drinking many a beer.

consumed 14 and i feel darned good, altho tomorrow i have some Arrogant Bast@rd Ale to drink ( 22oz) and some Pumpkin Spice

Mely looks liek you finished 3rd again :p: :D

[XC]melymel
10-14-2006, 07:51 AM
I'll avoid quoting your above post to give you chance to edit it, don't post when intoxicated a mistake I have learnt from :p:.

Anyway I have spent the last few hours setting up vm's and have about 20 running now so should be good for 50K+ dailies in DIMES. This has also given me a lot of free time at the computer in which I have had little to do but move the mouse a bit, over 12km's, which is a 10km gap over you guys. :D :D :D

bullet2urbrain
10-14-2006, 10:13 AM
I'll avoid quoting your above post to give you chance to edit it, don't post when intoxicated a mistake I have learnt from :p:.

Anyway I have spent the last few hours setting up vm's and have about 20 running now so should be good for 50K+ dailies in DIMES. This has also given me a lot of free time at the computer in which I have had little to do but move the mouse a bit, over 12km's, which is a 10km gap over you guys. :D :D :D

Ehh posting intoxicated is part of life. Internet Life that is,

Nice Output Mely, also YHPM ;)

it will take us some time, but not much time to close 10km

Jeff
10-15-2006, 05:56 AM
We should break into the Top200 later this week. It'd be a good goal to break into the Top100 in less than a month and the Top50 by Thanksgiving. ;)
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamrank.php?proj=bewes&team=XtremeSystems

bullet2urbrain
10-15-2006, 07:54 AM
all good things Jeff, so when you going to leave those boys over @ Free-DC entirely ;)

We are generally top 15 in the dailies and usually higher than that... we should be able to get a couple new members and then really start putting down some numbers.

imagine if all of XS did this no power project, we'd be flying

ex2cib
10-15-2006, 10:09 AM
hardly any production from me this weekend, football games, sleeping, and then watching football again....not a lot of computer time

btw, b2b, send out some more PM's to the rest of the non-active members :)

or i guess i could, we'll show melymel how the mafia operates :hehe:

bullet2urbrain
10-15-2006, 12:22 PM
hardly any production from me this weekend, football games, sleeping, and then watching football again....not a lot of computer time

btw, b2b, send out some more PM's to the rest of the non-active members :)

or i guess i could, we'll show melymel how the mafia operates :hehe:

almost no production from me, lots of beer drinking and partying ( as usual) from me so no production now i gots to hit the books and hit them hard.

ex2cib, YHPM ;)

ex2cib
10-15-2006, 02:05 PM
pm read, and replied

[XC] DragonOrta
10-15-2006, 08:10 PM
I think I might keep mine for a week or so to solidly take that top spot for a day.

[XC]melymel
10-17-2006, 01:44 PM
I say a good aim is getting XS in the top 200 by the end of the week and top 100 by the end of the year, is that possible? :shrug:. Also we just passed the 200km point :woot:

Hey Mafia I have a 23km lead on you guys now are you ever going to dump :stick::p:

Jeff
10-17-2006, 03:53 PM
I say a good aim is getting XS in the top 200 by the end of the week and top 100 by the end of the year, is that possible? :shrug:. Also we just passed the 200km point :woot:

Hey Mafia I have a 23km lead on you guys now are you ever going to dump :stick::p:

Possible? Hell... Carlos from Free-DC just joined up and XS.org is now in... wait for it... waaaaaiiiiit for it...
22nd PLACE!!! :eek:

Welcome aboard Carlos(aka em99010pepe)! I hope you enjoy your stay. :toast:

Jeff
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
all good things Jeff, so when you going to leave those boys over @ Free-DC entirely ;)

Nothing wrong with having two homes. ;) Just don't try two wives... it doesn't work... :eek:

bullet2urbrain
10-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Nothing wrong with having two homes. ;) Just don't try two wives... it doesn't work... :eek:

Aye too true, who is the "owner" of the XS Team?? i motion for something never before seen... XtremelyFree-DC a complete merger of XS and FDC in BeWeS :D

Jeff
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Aye too true, who is the "owner" of the XS Team??

No idea really...:shrug:

ex2cib
10-17-2006, 06:17 PM
o, melymel, just wait, i have something called a "fall break" now, and nothing else to do for the next 5 days, meaning, ill do 10k by myself within the next few days or so

[XC] DragonOrta
10-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Aye too true, who is the "owner" of the XS Team?? i motion for something never before seen... XtremelyFree-DC a complete merger of XS and FDC in BeWeS :D
I second this motion! :woot:

STEvil
10-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Would be fun :D

ex2cib
10-17-2006, 08:50 PM
DO, ygpm

[XC]melymel
10-18-2006, 03:53 AM
:rofl: thanks a lot Carlos and I guess you have more in backup as it appears you haven't dumped in a while either. Now the aim can be top 20 :D.

[XC]melymel
10-19-2006, 11:30 AM
just checked the stats :eek:. CM please at least post when you dump it's not fair leaving me to check the stats on my own I can't check hourly when at college only every other hour :D.

ex2cib
10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
we have classes too you know,lol

bullet2urbrain
10-19-2006, 12:36 PM
i was going to say, we're all in college too ya know.

Maybe ye should think about joining us, we are the COLLEGIATE mafia.

:D

Sorry Mely, ex2cib and I were very busy my arm is killing me today tho. and thats no joke

[XC]melymel
10-19-2006, 12:44 PM
I know your'll in college but if you have time to dump you have time to post :slapass: :p:

OO looks like I had just enough to nudge you guys down to forth again :D but it looks like I'll have to copy you bullet and do some mindless mouse movement for a few hours to keep you guys there ;). :toast:

bullet2urbrain
10-19-2006, 12:45 PM
unfortunately by the time you read this Mely, you'll be back in 4th :D

[XC]melymel
10-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I've done alright today; 33km, passed the mafia and put 24K between us, passed Jeff to take 2nd, should nudge past 100K next update and number 1 in the dailies too :D :woot:

Anyway this burst will be it for the week as in my "fall" break I have to go to work for 11hours a day so output will be very low! :toast:

Mr_Slinky
10-22-2006, 06:02 PM
ok i might be missing something
i registered went though all of that and have been sending stats for about 2 weeks now but am looking for some stats to appear something soon.
i join and am loged in and i join sucessfuly to XS and go to see my name and it comes up with nothing after about a week of being joined to the team.
i search for my name on bewes site and it doesn't find me at all could someone please help push me in the right direction.
thanks
John

bullet2urbrain
10-22-2006, 06:26 PM
ok i might be missing something
i registered went though all of that and have been sending stats for about 2 weeks now but am looking for some stats to appear something soon.
i join and am loged in and i join sucessfuly to XS and go to see my name and it comes up with nothing after about a week of being joined to the team.
i search for my name on bewes site and it doesn't find me at all could someone please help push me in the right direction.
thanks
John

Im assuming you cannot log in to their website??? i would try to re-register using no Underscore (if you havent already tried that) i remember having some weird issue with the # or type of characters used in the nickname.

WesM63
10-22-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm in ;)

ex2cib
10-22-2006, 09:12 PM
wes, you need to join the mafia, even if you arn't in college anymore, i think we can offer a special offer that...by the way...you CAN"T refuse ;)

Mr_Slinky
10-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Im assuming you cannot log in to their website??? i would try to re-register using no Underscore (if you havent already tried that) i remember having some weird issue with the # or type of characters used in the nickname.

No there is no _ in my name for any of the projects any more.
Also I can log in to the bewes site too.
Anyother ideas?
John

WesM63
10-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Bah, still don't show up on the team stats page.

bullet2urbrain
10-24-2006, 04:12 AM
Bah, still don't show up on the team stats page.

WesM, you show up, just as your own team :stick:

you are your own team, you havent joined Team XS. you have to join Team XS from your "control panel" on BeWeS's site

WesM63
10-24-2006, 05:29 AM
I thought I did :confused: I'll try it again.

[XC] DragonOrta
11-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Melymel, you're down again. :p:

ex2cib
11-10-2006, 04:15 PM
my right clicks dont seem to be counting correctly for some reason....im up to about 65000 left clicks....and 2 right clicks,lol

o yea, and melymel, you're still down

[XC]melymel
11-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Melymel, you're down again. :p:

o yea, and melymel, you're still down

Yes i realise that, i was planning a large dump that i had built but I killed the p5b for my p4 so the stash is just having to sit there until I can get and replace it. Also this laptop I've had to resort to is not that good for games and touchpads aren't great for high milage :p: but I'll get you guys yet :fact: :toast:

bullet2urbrain
11-16-2006, 09:19 PM
so for kicks mely where are you @? 20km? 30km? 50km?

WesM63
11-17-2006, 11:00 AM
I have no interent at home right now (long story) but i've been playing ALOT of NWN2, i think i have a half-dozen KM or so stashed :)

[XC]melymel
11-17-2006, 02:14 PM
so for kicks mely where are you @? 20km? 30km? 50km?

0km :( had to reinstall windoze and all so bewes is reset too and lost my dump was 40Km+. O well looks like ill have to get and run this mouse ragged to try and match the awesome dumps i'm sure you've all built :p:. :toast:

ex2cib
11-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I have no interent at home right now (long story) but i've been playing ALOT of NWN2, i think i have a half-dozen KM or so stashed :)

thats it ;)

im on about 85000 left clicks, i wont give out my distance estimate though