PDA

View Full Version : So, the MBP Core 2 Duo in 2~3 weeks?



perry_78
10-06-2006, 01:54 PM
http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2114

I wonder how this will hold? I'm torn between a Lenovo T60 and a MBP, but this way it looks like it might be worth waiting..

UnreaL
10-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Nice, also very pleased to see NAND memory will be making a show... Longer battery life and better performance. A true boost to performance :)

perry_78
10-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Shame NAND is scheduled for next year, I need my notebook NOW :(

Vapor
10-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately, AI hasn't been right in awhile....but MBP + C2D is soon. Wait as long as you can and then make the decision.

perry_78
10-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Little voices whisper tuesday is the day..

If by friday no announcement is made, I'll jump on the T60 wagon, as in Czech its pretty cheap compared to the mbp (around 800 usd cheaper after ram upgrade etc).

Rmc[AZ]
10-08-2006, 09:40 PM
But... you can run OS X on a MBP... ;) How can you resist?

Vapor
10-09-2006, 06:35 AM
I'll give credit where credit's due....the T60 is a very nice piece of kit....

If the MBP weren't speccable to what I'd want, I'd probably get the T60 as well.

perry_78
10-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Well, danish channels are dry of both MB's and MBP's, apart from the 17". English, French and German channels are dry of MB's. It does seem the channel is being cleared for something, as Apple refused bulk orders for some of the Apple Stores.

Let's hope AI is right? Otherwise its T60 enroute for me next week :)

Vapor
10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Actually, MB's can't be found in America because of a logicboard shortage. They've all gone into repairing units recently, and only very recently have they found the true problem to be the HSF's thermositor. Of course, this is unofficial, but suddenly we started receiving new HSFs instead of logicboards and suddenly the problems were gone, for good ;)