PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

Nanometer
10-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I am running the onboard, I think AC'97 sound controller off the mobo. Do you think an Audigy 1 gamer would be on par or worse? I'm not looking for best system performance, not right now, just best the best sound controller.

NO1B4ME
10-05-2006, 11:50 PM
I am running the onboard, I think AC'97 sound controller off the mobo. Do you think an Audigy 1 gamer would be on par or worse? I'm not looking for best system performance, not right now, just best the best sound controller.

The audigy would be better hands down..

EsaT
10-06-2006, 12:03 AM
"AC97" itself doesn't tell much anything about integrated chip, just that it conforms to AC97 standard.
Now Audigy 1 anymore isn't best quality sound card but in any case it should be considerably better than worst integrated controllers, there's quite a lot of variation in those and when using analog output they apparently can't match separate cards because of interference caused by other signals/components on motherboard.
In that DFI codec is supplied be Realtek which seems to be kept as decent integrated solution and it has been rised from motherboard but...
http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index.php?mode=showthread&forum=101&threadid=1001345&pagenumber=1&product_id=17424&subpage=1

Also if you play much games then Audigy would be better because it supports EAX3 and all integrated chip/software combinations I've seen do only EAX2.

Nanometer
10-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Cool thanks. I guess I do have a use for a 10 dollar card. lol :)