PDA

View Full Version : Tualtin VID

causticVapor
04-20-2003, 06:31 AM
Short question on the tualatin CPUs.

I already have shorted VID0 and VID1 to VSS to give me a stock voltage of 1.65v.

Would breaking off pins VID25mv and VID2 allow configurations of > 1.65 default? Or are those connections in the processor/motherboard?

causticVapor
05-02-2003, 06:16 PM
bump

saaya
05-10-2003, 06:11 AM
go to www.tualatinmod.de.vu , the overworked page will be back soon, the old site is here http://hg_noack.bei.t-online.de/old/index.htm just use google to translate it.

i used a slotket, and broke off the contacts for the pins on the slotket itself. you should do a mod to some pins to make the signal voltage lower... dont remmeber what pins though :(

well this signal mod didnt change anything for me anyways, i got my tualatin celeron to 1.6ghz :) at that speed it outperformed a P4 2.2 ghz in sandras multimedia bench and scores just like an athlon xp@1.6ghz in cpu benches.

saaya
05-10-2003, 06:12 AM
oh and zheres a forum with people that might help you a lot, its in german but im sure they can help you.

www.tualatin.de

causticVapor
05-29-2003, 04:05 PM
Thanks. I'll check those places out. I had a hunch the connections were in the mobo and not the chip itself.

Not much time, but I'm confident that chip will reach 1733MHz... A0 step or no A0 step...

saaya
05-30-2003, 02:36 AM
some guy got an older stepping to 2ghz on vapochill so you should be able to reach that speed if not with a good stepping :p

i was running my tualatin on a slot1 so i could do the mod on the slotket, but all i did was insulating some pins.

wheres your nickname from? theres a pretty good programmer in germany calling himself caustik. farbrausch... ever heard of them? :D

Haut^Karl
06-01-2003, 08:50 PM
http://www.geocities.com/_lunchbox/

Check the articles section for the VID mod article I did.

causticVapor
06-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Good good good good :banana:

Insulating the pins DOES work!

BTW I love bananas... thanks for the links and info, folks! :banana:

caustik. farbrausch...
vaguely..... :slobber: