PDA

View Full Version : My new system

[XC] Fifty
10-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Next up trying to OC it.

Motherboard: Intel® Desktop Board D975XBX
CPU: Intel E6600 2.4 gig
Memory: 4 gig mushkin REDLINE 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 1000 Case:
Lian Li PC-S80 Silent Aluminum Case Black
Sound card: X-Fi Fatal1ty
Video Card: NVIDIA – waiting for DX10 cards Hard Drives: Seagate Cheetah SCSI 15000 RPM
Mouse: Logitech G7 laser mouse

http://webpages.charter.net/bri00032/computer/DSCN2818.JPG

http://webpages.charter.net/bri00032/computer/DSCN2820.JPG

http://webpages.charter.net/bri00032/computer/DSCN2822.JPG

http://webpages.charter.net/bri00032/computer/DSCN2825.JPG

http://webpages.charter.net/bri00032/computer/DSCN2827.JPG

http://webpages.charter.net/bri00032/computer/DSCN2829.JPG

[XC] serlv
10-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Gorgeous case! BT's rule ( ok, well, very few can beat their cooling prowess... ). How much RAM? Is that two 1 GB sticks or two 2 GB sticks? Or? At any rate, very sweet.
Me likes C2D systems; got two myself, but so far they're caseless. Crunchin', for sure, but caseless.

Haltech
10-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Mmmm nice powerhouse. Love the case :toast:

DAK1640
10-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Absolutely beautiful...Nice high end rig GibbonThree...Can't wait to see how much it crunches...:toast:

[XC] leviathan18
10-02-2006, 04:00 PM
did you lap the TTB T to unleash the beast it can be?

[XC] 4X4N
10-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Very nice set-up. I'm a big typhoon fan myself. I have 3 of them :D I'm trying to hold off on a conroe system, but it is getting hard not to do it.

Movieman
10-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I got a special preview of this earlier today!
Sweet setup and nicely assembled!
Congrats!:toast:

-Acid-
10-02-2006, 04:40 PM
i spy scsi oooooo what card is that and what drive (details plz) is it a 64 bit card in a 33bit slot ooo its gonna war with the xifi for pci bus bandwith if it is

I have a 2120s 128mb onboard ram, running 2 fuj 15k mau's in raid o 73gb raid (better than atlas II IMHO)
2 10k seagates latest gen in raid 0 146gb raid
few older 10 k seagates

gearhead364
10-02-2006, 06:03 PM
That is a beautiful case and definetely got some great hardware, just wondering what kind of display are you using with this rig?

rob725
10-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Beautiful rig. My TTBT came with larger thumbscrew-type nuts, with which I'm sure I can drive the chip right through MB. Did yours not, or did you just not use them for the reason I just stated. In trying to figure out how far to tighten them, I had read "until you can't turn them with your hand." Which never happened and now I think I see why.

[XC] hipno650
10-02-2006, 07:31 PM
nice rig!!!!!! my only question is why the bad axe??? i am sure you have your reasons and am currious as to why because of my own upcoming conroe or kenstfield or mabye yorksfield (depending on when it comes out)!!!! nice rig!!!!!

[XC] DragonOrta
10-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Beautiful rig. My TTBT came with larger thumbscrew-type nuts, with which I'm sure I can drive the chip right through MB. Did yours not, or did you just not use them for the reason I just stated. In trying to figure out how far to tighten them, I had read "until you can't turn them with your hand." Which never happened and now I think I see why.
Tighten until you can't post anymore, then loosen a quarter of a turn. :D

rob725
10-02-2006, 08:41 PM

The funny thing, that seems to be exactly how some have worked it out. :D The conventional wisdom seems to be "as tight as you can until you start to bend the MB." I'll have a chance to try it out in a couple of days when my rma replacement p5b gets here.

Movieman
10-03-2006, 04:48 AM
You guys scare me!:D When I built the dothan system using that zalman 7000 from heater918 I was paranoid of crushing the chip. Took 20 mins to tighten it down a 1/4 turn on each screw back and forth till it was just "right"..snug to the point where the HS wouldn't move and then just a 1/8" turn more. I used to read of guys running that chip at 60C under load and I got 38C idle and 48C max at 100% load at 2600mhz..

[XC] Fifty
10-03-2006, 05:04 AM
Gorgeous case! BT's rule ( ok, well, very few can beat their cooling prowess... ). How much RAM? Is that two 1 GB sticks or two 2 GB sticks? Or? At any rate, very sweet.
Me likes C2D systems; got two myself, but so far they're caseless. Crunchin', for sure, but caseless.

The case is great it is so smooth looking and clean. In the pictures that is 2 gig (1 gig sticks) but I have 4 gig’s in the computer now. Two gigs are for a kenstfield later this year :)

I did lap it but as this is the first computer I have OC so still reading a few book to understand how everything works before I OC it.

Very nice set-up. I'm a big typhoon fan myself. I have 3 of them :D I'm trying to hold off on a conroe system, but it is getting hard not to do it.

I did need to grind down one end of the mount to get it to fit on the board. But the fun is a great little set up.

i spy scsi oooooo what card is that and what drive (details plz) is it a 64 bit card in a 33bit slot ooo its gonna war with the xifi for pci bus bandwith if it is

I have a 2120s 128mb onboard ram, running 2 fuj 15k mau's in raid o 73gb raid (better than atlas II IMHO)
2 10k seagates latest gen in raid 0 146gb raid
few older 10 k seagates

It is an older card (like 5 years) 64 bit card. I would like to replace it soon with a few 10k SATA II drives but just can not give it up yet.

For my monitor I am using a Sharp Aquos 37” LCD TV. I have a DVI to HDMI cable on it.

No mine came with those nuts. Had to take the power supply back out to get to the back ones. Thumbscrews would have been nice but yea I could see me pulling it right though the MB.

nice rig!!!!!! my only question is why the bad axe??? i am sure you have your reasons and am currious as to why because of my own upcoming conroe or kenstfield or mabye yorksfield (depending on when it comes out)!!!! nice rig!!!!!

Ahh truth is this is my 5 computer I have built and have never found a place (web site) to learn about OC. I found this site a few months ago and want to learn to OC. Later this year I will be building one more rig with the Kentsfield. So why Intel at the time when I ordered it, there were not many boards out and Intel had a good following. So that means more posts and help for me as I need it. No real reason. The next system will be the best of the best motherboards.

Hope I answered all the questions and think you all for the posts on the system. Over all the thing crunches like a champ and looks great sitting in my living room.

Thank you all.

itznfb
10-03-2006, 05:11 AM
sexy case. i had a E6600/P5B Deluxe system in an Antec P180. my P5B was so warped from how tight my BT was. the E6600 and P5B are both dead now :(

but their replacements will be here thursday :)

i also ordered a Scyth Infinity to replace the BT. we should make this a little gallery for our high end crunching rigs

rob725
10-03-2006, 05:27 AM
P180 is a nice case to work in; built one for my buddy. Sythe Infinity is real nice. Saw no need to lap it, the surface was so good. What happened with cpu and mobo? I'm not sure I didn't fry my mobo because it was too tight, although I think it had to do with not getting the NB cooler back on right.

@Gibbon: How quiet is that case?

itznfb
10-03-2006, 06:31 AM
i'm not sure what happened with the CPU and mobo. i think the CPU somehow died during lapping? but i don't really know.

[XC] Fifty
10-03-2006, 10:41 AM
P180 is a nice case to work in; built one for my buddy. Sythe Infinity is real nice. Saw no need to lap it, the surface was so good. What happened with cpu and mobo? I'm not sure I didn't fry my mobo because it was too tight, although I think it had to do with not getting the NB cooler back on right.

@Gibbon: How quiet is that case?

It is very quiet!!! I can not hear it sitting 8 feet away.