PDA

View Full Version : GreenPeace vs Apple

Special_K
10-02-2006, 06:26 AM
http://www.greenpeace.org/apple/

you MAC owners should be ashamed =p

perry_78
10-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Damn Greenpeace, they're holy crusade is getting out of hand.

Zardokk
10-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Lol. From what I can tell based on that site, all they're asking is basically for Macs to become RoHS compliant. Nothing wrong with that.

Haltech
10-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow... You know, Greenpeace are hypocrites.. 15 years ago they were anti Nuclear.. Now they are toting nuclear power is the greatest thing since sliced bread today.

flavoraid
10-11-2006, 02:04 AM
get rid of the iwaste!

an0nym0us
10-11-2006, 10:01 PM
LOL! that's hilarious

MeltedDuron
10-11-2006, 10:32 PM
isn't that slander or infringement or something? Apple need to sue greenpeace!!! :soap:

lowfat
10-12-2006, 06:14 AM
O shoot i forgot to post this I got an email @ work about recycling computers the other day.

http://www.apple.com/environment/

crodan85
10-12-2006, 06:33 PM
I dont really like greenpeace but I do agree with some of what they are saying. As for RoHS and WEEE Directive compliance they wouldnt be allowed to sell any new products in europe if they did not comply with regulations . If anyone has seen where a considerable ammount of elec waste goes and how its treated you can understand there point of view. I wouldnt like any child of mine to ever work in the conditions they do.

Im not really a fan of this green movment Im not into all these alternative energy and save the whale crap. :)

Silvermirage
10-12-2006, 07:54 PM
I saw the title of the thread and I had to look at it. that's funny.

xpsentity
10-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I work in the fastener / electronic component industry atm, and RoHS is a huge deal.

For the uninititated, it's the Restriction of Hazardous Substances. It concerns the content of lead, cadmuim, yellow zinc, etc in electronics. It restricts the amount allowed in any given component, the plating of a component, etc.

It may only be a European Union directive, but anyone who is ever planning to sell their products in Europe needs to comply (if it applies to their product). This basically turned in to everyone just asking for RoHS compliant parts, regardless of application, end user, and destination.

Fun times for me indeed, being in purchasing...

If you notice, most of the things you buy for your PC have stickers / labels on them stating compliance now.