PDA

View Full Version : discovered a real cool program

Weedsqueezer
10-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Called synergy check it out here http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
it is a godsend for those of us with multicomputersperdesk. What it does is shares your keyboard with many other computers..so you end up with an effect like 2 monitors on 1 computer..cept I am running 3 computers on 3 screens 1 mouse/keyboard. check it out this program is free and it :rocker:.

Thrilla
10-01-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't quite get it, how do you connect the comps together? Or is this a software for KVM switches?

Weedsqueezer
10-03-2006, 05:24 PM
not for kvm switches, it's for 2+ computers...the machines keyboard you wanna use is the "server" and the other computers are clients..
so put the dot in the second bubble down(server computer) and hit configure screens and links.. add all computers you wanna do this with names (as used by windows network) then using the boxes below you have to tell the program that server is left of client.
it won't assume that client is right of server so you have to tell it. then click ok.
then in advanced you have to specify a port to use then open it in windows firewall (sp2). then click ok..

then on the client computer, put the dot in the top option and the windows network computer name of the server.

then in the advanced button specify the port and open it if necessary and hit start. that's it

unless you want to set the program to autostart on each computer.

as far as the port numbers, they are only internal network. I still have this specific port blocked in my router.
give it a shot it is a godsend.