PDA

View Full Version : Specific LCD requirement. Help please.

rjalex
10-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Dear friends,
I am an a semi-pro photographer 8-) and want to buy an LCD whose main purpose will be photoretouching and other Adobe SW based tasks (After effects, Premiere, Illustrator etc).

I have read the excellent LCD buyers guide on this site but am now confused since on my "photography site" dpreview.com and specifically in the PhotoRetouching section I had been advised to go for S-IPS panels.

As I want to but from my local shop (I like them and they give me great support even though I might save a few bucks shopping online) and they are limited to the following brands: Philips, Sony, Samsung, HP and Acer

after some thinking I had spotted the following display:

Philips 200P7ES 20inch TFT silver 8msGtG MM Speakers DVI 700:1 300cd/m2 178 TCO03 USB 2.0 (or the 200P7EG which is the same in grey).

Now the questions:

1) Any of you has ever seen such a beast or another monitor based on the same panel ?

2) As the price is steep and a major investment for my pockets, any better suggestions (please remember my use of this and the brands I mentioned, no NEC or Dell or Lacie for example).

Thank you very much,
Bob

cirthix
10-01-2006, 12:44 AM
dell lcds are actually very good, and pretty cheap too. a 2007fp would be good for you, maybe a 2407fpw.

rjalex
10-01-2006, 05:26 AM
ehm cirthix thank you but maybe because of my lousy english I was not clear enough. but as I have written in my post my choice is limited to the following brands: Philips, Sony, Samsung, HP and Acer and my requirement is specifically photoretouching. Dell was an example of a brand I CANNOT buy.
take care