PDA

View Full Version : Temps to Low?

firengine16
09-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Uh, would somebody donate a coat to my CPU...I'm scared he will get frostbite this winter :) :woot:

http://www.wilkinsinc.com/Low_temps.JPG

bandit788
09-29-2006, 05:13 PM
I would just like to officially say that you suck:shocked: :slobber: Only because mine want do that.
Bandit

creidiki
09-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Thats still pretty warm for a DFI, some eXperts report low 10s as idles on 20c+ ambients, under good water...

firengine16
09-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Thats still pretty warm for a DFI, some eXperts report low 10s as idles on 20c+ ambients, under good water...
Even At them Volts? and the volts are really 1.69 in BIOS
Oh and I have 4c add to my temps in BIOS so it reports right temps.

creidiki
09-29-2006, 05:33 PM
"right temps"? :lol2:

Unless you live in a fridge, theyre still 10-20c too low :)

NickS
09-29-2006, 05:43 PM
According to Core Temp I'm loading at a nice 35*C atm :). 2.5GHz Venice under water, stock volt with 68*F amb.

Holst
09-29-2006, 06:01 PM
I think for 3 or more years ive been saying this... it even used to be my sig.

Onboard temperature monitoring is pointless, you are better off giving your dog 100 buscuits to eat, letting it eat for 3 minutes then counting the remaining biscuits and using this number as your load temp. Give the dog another minute of eating to get idle temp..
For greedy fat dogs/prescott use 200 biscuits, for small dogs/via chips use only 50.

Can I put it any more simply than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ic3man
09-29-2006, 07:17 PM
I think for 3 or more years ive been saying this... it even used to be my sig.

Onboard temperature monitoring is pointless, you are better off giving your dog 100 buscuits to eat, letting it eat for 3 minutes then counting the remaining biscuits and using this number as your load temp. Give the dog another minute of eating to get idle temp..
For greedy fat dogs/prescott use 200 biscuits, for small dogs/via chips use only 50.

Can I put it any more simply than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R O F L:clap:

bandit788
09-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Why does everyone keep saying "The temps aren't right, the temps aren't right!". Explain this to me...are we not still comparing apples to apples? Firengine, what was your temps before you went water (I mean he probably had the same board, with the same sensors; I doubt water cooling broke them). If his temps are 10-20 to low what is the chance he would have a stable 3000 overclock? Some people just like to cry because their temps are not that low...it spanks my setup, but I want cry...I'll be strong...and buy new stuff!!! Hey, I got an idea...instead of flaming him, let's ask questions first to see if he deserves to be flamed:

1. What is your ambient temp?
2. What is your water temp?
3. Have you checked the temp. with another device?
4. How much of a drop did you get in your temps when you went water...on that same board?

Bandit
A.K.A. "The Peacekeeper"

Holst
09-29-2006, 07:32 PM
I would just like to officially say that you suck:shocked: :slobber: Only because mine want do that.
Bandit

EH?

LOL

I dont think anybody was trying to flame, and I dont think that this thread was started with ANYBODY seriously beliving that those temps were correct, certainly not firengine16.
hehe.

To be running 3gig his watercooling is doing something right.

Your 100% right in your last post, its the overclock that matters, temps are not important at all.

Timmay
09-29-2006, 07:43 PM

Core Temp records accurately on Experts, the on board sensors are laughable:D

bandit788
09-29-2006, 07:49 PM
EH?

LOL

I dont think anybody was trying to flame, and I dont think that this thread was started with ANYBODY seriously beliving that those temps were correct, certainly not firengine16.
hehe.

To be running 3gig his watercooling is doing something right.

Your 100% right in your last post, its the overclock that matters, temps are not important at all.

Right on, overclock is king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, I love the dog biscuit analogy!!!

firengine16
09-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Bandit788 asked the magic question what are my ambient temp & water temp and here it is:

This is the air coming in my window I have open (9c)
http://www.wilkinsinc.com/amb_temps%20001.jpg
This is my temp in front of my case and my water temp (14c & 18c)
http://www.wilkinsinc.com/amb_temps%20002.jpg

Now just think my water sensor is in the Acrylic top of my pump and is reading some heat dump from the pump. My floor is 14c with the window open and stays about 18c normally because I keep my house cold (plus my air pulled through my Rad with 3 x 120mm x 38mm Sanyo Denki 102cfm fan’s comes from the floor). Temps for my CPU at Idle are about 25c to 26c and 21c with window open. My temps should be right that is about 7 degrees difference between ambient and CPU at idle. I am not going to argue about how temps are read on CPU but the Multi-Meter you see in the picture is real accurate so I know them temps are right and according to the post here in this forum the core temp program reads the Expert board’s temps correctly.

Also creidiki you where right I live in a fridge with the window open because my floor gets cold as sh*t…lol

Holst
09-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Ahhhh.

I looked at your location and I didnt think it got that cold in your parts at this time of year...

Temps are probably still too low as the delta is tiny... but your 9*c air explains allot :D

Can you overclock more with the lower temps?

firengine16
09-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Ahhhh.

I looked at your location and I didnt think it got that cold in your parts at this time of year...

Temps are probably still too low as the delta is tiny... but your 9*c air explains allot :D

Can you overclock more with the lower temps?

It will not go any higher with these volts and I am not so sure I want to go above 1.7 on the vcore but even with the window closed and priming it does not go above 36 to 37c so I might try a vcore of about 1.72 to 1.75 to see if it will.

and where I live gets a little chilly at night this time of year I dont live to far from the mountians in North Carolina.

bandit788
09-30-2006, 07:43 AM
How in the hell do you sit in that room without wearing thermal underwear!!!!!!!!:flame:

racinjimy
09-30-2006, 08:31 AM
c'mon we all know that the eXpert report temps 10-15 degrees too low

firengine16
09-30-2006, 09:13 AM
c'mon we all know that the eXpert report temps 10-15 degrees too low
So what you are saying is that there is no way in he77 the storm with a PA 120.3 could make a temp difference 7c between Ambient and my CPU at Idle. Or did you not just read the hole post and didnt see where I add some in BIOS and that my Rad had 13 to 14c air coming through it......lol

Serra
09-30-2006, 09:26 AM
I don't see a 7 degree drop being *that* crazy... I'm using a Storm, BIP III (much the inferior of the PA120.3), a Maze 4 (additional heat he doesn't have... though it didn't change my temps at all), and a fairly weak pump (put very nice pump/heat dump) and I'm getting 11 degree deltas. Somehow the idea that a better pump + better radiator + possibly more CFM going through netting a 4 degree better delta is not that crazy to me.

We should all be in agreeance though that there is *NO* way to really know the true temperature of a processors core short of finding a way to stuff a calibrated probe right in there. It doesn't matter what kind of software reporting you have, they all draw their data from the same sources, and though some may be smart enough to take volts into account as well, it's still nothing but guesswork and the best we can count on them for is some idea of a DELTA temp.

creidiki
09-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Nope, the deltas are pretty possible... I have 8-9c delta with the fans @ 4.25v...