PDA

View Full Version : Water Noise? First Build...(Pics)

Kryckter
09-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I jsut built my first system...Opinions?
BIP 3x120 Rad - Yate's Fans
Swiftech 655 Pump
Danger Den Koosah 7900 GTX VGA Cooler
Swiftech Apogee CPU Cooler
Bay Resevoir

Question is about the resevoir and the radiator.
First, Res. - It makes a water gurgling sound, Just the sound of water moving, When I had it a little less full, didnt do it. Should I empty some out, Or do I need to add more, How does my water level look in my res.?
Second - Radiator, Should I flip my case upside with the pump off to try and get trapped air out, Or not worry about it, and assume it bled itself off when first started?

Thanks!!!!

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2372/dscn0166et6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9505/dscn0167ln1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Holst
09-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Water level is probably a bit high.

I have my res full to about 1cm from the top. As long as the pump intlet barb isnt sucking air then you should be ok.
So if you can manage it take a little coolant out.

I wouldnt turn the res upside down without checking the bung on the top as well. I have a swiftech one and it leaked from there untill I put tape around the bung threads... you dont want yellow water on the carpet.
But as long as your confident in that bit of the system try turning the rad over at least, sometimes air is trapped inside.

syne_24
09-28-2006, 09:20 PM
hmm i mount my rad upright where the barbs were on top so I never had any issue. I could see why air gets trap in there tho. Your pump has to work against gravity to push all the water out because of that mount. I would suggest tilting your case backward until your barbs can burp out the air bubble.

Holst
09-28-2006, 10:59 PM
If there is air in the rad you might find that the nosie stops when you get it out.

Kryckter
09-29-2006, 11:34 AM
In response to having the barbs at the top, I dont see how it would be any different, Mine has to go against gravity when it enters, then the water falls down, Barbs at the top, the water would fall in, the work against gravity to exit....No difference.

Back on subject,
I have bled the radiator, no air inside.
I have tried filling the reservoir to the top, still makes noise, I lowered the water level so it wouldnt make noise but occasionally the pump would get a splash of air and it would go through the system. So Im back in the middle and still having the water trickle sound.

Any more ideas?

creidiki
09-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Get a res that doesent need to have its water level strictly controled, thus defeating the whole bloody point of a reservoir.

Vapor
09-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Does your camera have shutter settings? If so, set it to the minimum time, turn the flash on high, and take a pic of it running....might be able to see micro-bubbles. If you do, that means you've got some more bleeding to do (I find that running it for 24 hours and moving it around every so often does well) or a small leak. If you don't have micro-bubbles, it's very likely the res. I had one like that and I couldn't get rid of the water noise no matter what I did.

Kryckter
09-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Well it appears I have alot of little micro bubbles....alot..almost like Fizz
Mostly in the Res. but everyonce and a while...like every 30 sec. or so, Some will get sucked down to the pump and make a quick ppsssshhhh.. sound

How do you bleed the micro bubbles...please help!

dnottis
09-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Well it appears I have alot of little micro bubbles....alot..almost like Fizz
Mostly in the Res. but everyonce and a while...like every 30 sec. or so, Some will get sucked down to the pump and make a quick ppsssshhhh.. sound

How do you bleed the micro bubbles...please help!

Just let it run for a few hours. They will work themselves out.

Holst
09-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Who made the res?

Cause I have a swiftech one and I dont have this problem at all.

Maybe your flowrate is higher than mine and your pump sucks more (im using an eheim)

Microbubbles might be caused by a tube sucking in air somewhere, most likely near the pump inlet. To fix tighten the clamps and possibly rebuild the pump.
But its more likely to be the res inlet sucking in air.

Is it possible for you to test without the res and a Tline instead?

Vapor
09-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Just let it run for a few hours. They will work themselves out.I don't know about that....I've had that res and I experienced the exact same thing. The only way I got rid of it was getting rid of the res :(

safan80
09-29-2006, 09:22 PM
I have the same case and reservoir and I don't have this problem anymore. by looking at your pictures I noticed the radiator is higher than the reservoir. you want the reservoir at the highest point in your loop to get rid the of air in the loop. I also have the reservoir tilted upward in the front, so the reservoir won't let any air back into the loop.

Holst
09-29-2006, 09:35 PM
My res and rads are in the same position (or near enough) as Kryckter's and I dont have this problem.

As long as the inlet barb is allways below the water line there should be no problems.

Tilting the res back would be an interesting test. Put the front of the case on a book or something.