PDA

View Full Version : Is this project better than F@H?

BandofBrothers
09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Hi guys, I have been running f@h 24\7 for the past few years, and just saw this project today.

Does it have any advantages over F@H? or it is just the same kinda thing?

(Currently crunching on an E6600@3420mhz 24\7)

Im debating wether to switch to this project or not...hmm:stick:

littleowl
09-27-2006, 12:32 PM
IMO I would switch! WCG helps find cures for cancer, aids and protein structures.

[XC]melymel
09-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Its debatable if its worth it but both projects are very good projects, as far as I know the human proteone folding project for wcg is very similar to F@H but there are also cancer and aids specific projects too. The reason I specifically run WCG over F@H is that F@H has annoyingly long wu's compared to the 4hour WCG aids wu's :D

:toast:

v0dka
09-27-2006, 01:18 PM
YEEEEEES!!!!!

j/k

I think they are both good. Now, would we like you over here, thats a different question and I refer you to the first answer I gave. :rolleyes:

[XC] Duc
09-27-2006, 01:51 PM
You should chose the project you feel most comfortable with :)
As long as you don't run Seti it's fine by me :p:

GAM
09-27-2006, 02:04 PM
I am sure this is ethically/politically incorrect, but... Please don't leave us, XS F@H needs you. :wasntme:

However, I have to agree with Duc, "You should chose the project you feel most comfortable with"

Scimitar
09-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Compare the amount of peer reviewed research papers produced by WCG compared to Folding @ Home. It's pretty obvious that one is generating lots and lots of points and the other is generating lots and lots of SCIENCE.

[XC] leviathan18
09-27-2006, 02:26 PM
exactly i see WCG a project with a future and its a good science project

if you want you can join us we would appreciate that :)

[XC] hipno650
09-27-2006, 02:45 PM
i crunch wcg because of the cancer and aids science!!!!!!! i only cruch medical apps that go with cancer because i have a personal conection. also the cure or slow down of aids would be huge!!!!!! it would mean millions saved!!!!!! run which ever one you want but i would be nice of you to run WCG:D :D

rob725
09-27-2006, 06:22 PM
That's easy. We're on WCG, so it's better and you should switch! :up:

Movieman
09-27-2006, 06:26 PM
easy call here, both great apps, follow your heart and thats the right decision.
Best to you either way you go.:toast:

-Acid-
09-27-2006, 06:37 PM
WCG for me cancer & aids are the u.k's biggest killers

i want to do something about it

rob725
09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
easy call here, both great apps, follow your heart and thats the right decision.
Best to you either way you go.:toast:

Yes, of course, either is good.

WCG does aids and cancer research, will soon be doing a phase-2 protein folding project and is actively pursuing other worthwhile medical-science projects.

Now I'm not recruiting, but you came to our party and asked, so I would be unable to live with myself if I didn't tell you that we are on Xtreme Mission to become the #1 WCG crunching team in the Universe. We face a daunting challenge as the #1 team has 4079 members to our 122, but in a little over a month we have climbed from the back to #46 all-time and to #2 in daily production. Like the Spartans at Thermopylae, we face seemingly unsurmountable odds, except unlike them, we will win! :woot:

Only kidding, both are great projects. :D