PDA

View Full Version : Project

Smizack
06-18-2002, 10:54 AM
Ok, I've got kind of a wierd question here.
What I was told to do was set up a video camera (very small) and use it over our(cable system) network to monitor a room. And it needs to be sent across town to my bosses house so he can watch whats going on there at all times.

Also, we may need to do this in the future for other clients.

Anyone have any ideas on this? I want a live stream not a recording setup.

Price isn't a big issue.

JBELL
06-18-2002, 11:28 AM
damn you guys must really be screwing around that the bos wants to watch you like that

Smizack
06-18-2002, 04:06 PM
Nope, he just wants to make sure that we can do it here before we go charging people for this luxury. ;)

MrBill
06-18-2002, 06:00 PM
I don't know how to do it, but you should be able to set it up like some of those :banana::banana::banana::banana: sites.

Do it as a web page and require ID and Password to access it??

Let us know if you can do it via the web and I'll try to get a friend of mine to tell us how.

Smizack
06-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by MrBill
I don't know how to do it, but you should be able to set it up like some of those :banana::banana::banana::banana: sites.

Do it as a web page and require ID and Password to access it??

Let us know if you can do it via the web and I'll try to get a friend of mine to tell us how.

Yeah, it's gonna have to be over the web. I don't know any other way to do it other than a localised vpn, and the 2 buildings are too far apart for that. pr0n sites use real cameras (don't know if that matters or not).

And it's not going to require an ID and pass because there will only be a few people that even know the page existed.

Thanks for the help though.

MrBill
06-18-2002, 06:58 PM
I'll PM this to my friend and see if he can help. He's on vacation this week though, so may be next week before he reads it.

Smizack
06-18-2002, 07:03 PM
I'll PM this to my friend and see if he can help. He's on vacation this week though, so may be next week before he reads it.

Kew. I appreciate any help.

stompah
06-19-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Smizack

And it's not going to require an ID and pass because there will only be a few people that even know the page existed.

...Do we get the URL? :toast: :banana: :smileysex

Smizack
06-19-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by stompah
...Do we get the URL? :toast: :banana: :smileysex

Well, according to some of these camera specs. 1 of them could take town a T1 pretty hard, so probably not!;)

mbrock
06-27-2002, 06:17 AM

Sorry Bill I was never notified that I had a new PM.

Smizack
I have done somthing similiar in the past with a web cam and webcam32 software. The software pretty user friendly. You sould not have any trouble as long as your band width is good. That is about all I can tell you without knowing the exact specs of the network, cam and building site that you are trying to spy on.

Smizack
06-27-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by mbrock

Sorry Bill I was never notified that I had a new PM.

Smizack
I have done somthing similiar in the past with a web cam and webcam32 software. The software pretty user friendly. You sould not have any trouble as long as your band width is good. That is about all I can tell you without knowing the exact specs of the network, cam and building site that you are trying to spy on.

Well...

I say I just wanna send a cable (or wireless) to a house 2 blocks away, and see what's poppin in 1 room.

I just don't know where to start. We have 2 T1's now. And are getting 2 more in a month or so.

Is there a way to do this without killing our bandwidth??

Attitudx
07-25-2002, 11:09 AM
I might know someone that can help yas with that you might remember mR R.E. tarded??? do you?? I think he done something like that at home I will have to see though

Smizack
07-25-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by chylde
I might know someone that can help yas with that you might remember mR R.E. tarded??? do you?? I think he done something like that at home I will have to see though

I dont' have a clue who you're talking about...

:confused:

Attitudx
08-01-2002, 04:30 AM
you dont remember the guy who sent software to a mad person and named it MR R.E.Tarded??? he got fired, was on Help Desk. I know he had something setup like that at home when he worked here

Smizack
08-16-2002, 09:38 PM
you dont remember the guy who sent software to a mad person and named it MR R.E.Tarded??? he got fired, was on Help Desk. I know he had something setup like that at home when he worked here

I thought you did that?? Yeah, I remember. TM's were pi55ed!:D

What was the dudes name??

*edit
Hey, Fay said it was D. Donaldson.

Attitudx
08-23-2002, 07:39 AM
Yep that is who it was
he had something like that setup

Smizack
08-29-2002, 05:54 PM
Yep that is who it was
he had something like that setup

But he wasn't going through an ISP was he? I thought his was wireless.

Hey.. That's a better idea anyway.

Ok, new question. How do I do this wirelessly across say, 10 miles???

Tweaked!
09-03-2002, 12:48 PM
You could set yourself up one of those cell phone towers and transmit via encoded video.. :thumbsup:

Smizack
09-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Tweaked!
You could set yourself up one of those cell phone towers and transmit via encoded video.. :thumbsup:

Hmm.. That's not entierly out of the picture. The tower ain't no thang to get setup at the office, but would I have to have a big ass tower at the dudes house? It's a residental place, so I can't go putting up towers all over.