PDA

View Full Version : Will a Coolermaster Aquagate R120 cool a Conroe? - link inside

Sage
09-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Just wondering guys im new to intel..

http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=405648

It says it will do LGA775... so that means yes doesnt it? :)

yes iam a newb to intel.. tho i own most on AMD :p

thanks guys :)

Okda
09-27-2006, 12:38 AM
about this kit

i have seen lots of owners report that teh pump crack in few months and from more than a eview the performance of this kit sometimes can't be better than a high-end air cooling

mercyless
09-27-2006, 04:38 AM
yep, deff agree with above post.
to have any performance on that kit you need to run it at high setting = noise. where as a good custom setup or swiftech kit would be quieter yet still maintain good performance, fans running at 7v.

AzraelDarkangel
09-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Not much better if at all than high-end air, waste of money IMHO. There are better kits out there but most will cost more. There's the Titan Amanda TEC/air cooler ($100) but it's only noticably better than normal high-end air when doing heavy overclocking and it takes a PCI slot. To get noticably better than the Titan you need a high-end water kit which will be in the $400 range. Alternatively you could wait for the OCZ Cryo-Z phase change to become available and see if it's any good, it should be around $400.

dnottis
09-27-2006, 10:27 AM
I used it on an overclocked Opteron at 3.0 Ghz. Its a few degrees better than the Big Typhoon. Basically its a little better than high end air. Check out the Thermal Take Silent Water, more flow, still limited performance but it was about 2 degrees cooler than the Aquagate. When all was said and done I found the aquagate to be about 2 deg cooler than air and the silent water about 4-5 deg better than water. Eventually I moved to a Swiftech 3/8" kit and now custom 1/2" kit.

creidiki
09-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Eventually I moved to a Swiftech 3/8" kit and now custom 1/2" kit.
So save money and go custom right away, or stick to air.

Helmore
09-27-2006, 12:08 PM
That is sort of what I'm going to do, I'm still running stock cooler and am jumping right into custom watercooling in a few months. After I'm done with my watercooling setup, then I'll start overclocking:rolleyes:

Sage
09-27-2006, 11:22 PM
thanx for your input guys.. tho no one answered if it will work? :p i guess it does from you what your saying though.. interesting you say these things about it..

as im running one now on the system in my sig.. and even at 2700Mhz 1.9v running prime95 AND i have also modified it cool my gfx card volt modded running heaps of volts..

and still my system doesnt go over 45c even in summer even with the fan at 2000rpm (minimum).. my system is almost silent.. the noisest thing is the HDDs..

i have nothing but praise for this cooling unit.. tho i am always open to suggestions so i might take a look at the others you mentioned..

Dragoon42
09-27-2006, 11:55 PM
I used it on an overclocked Opteron at 3.0 Ghz. Its a few degrees better than the Big Typhoon. Basically its a little better than high end air. Check out the Thermal Take Silent Water, more flow, still limited performance but it was about 2 degrees cooler than the Aquagate. When all was said and done I found the aquagate to be about 2 deg cooler than air and the silent water about 4-5 deg better than water. Eventually I moved to a Swiftech 3/8" kit and now custom 1/2" kit.

hehe sounds like what i did. Started off with a kit and now building my own :)

Koolance 601b, now I got 1/2" also. I just want my conroe stuff to come in now ><

I keep building computers for friends. I haven't got the chance to build one and use my new wc.

Okda
09-28-2006, 01:26 AM
running 1.9V on ur cpu is something i won't believe unless u provide us a Picture or screen shot for cpu-z

and how did u mood it to add ur vga, how did u fill it again ??

can u please show us some pictures

v0dka
09-28-2006, 02:07 AM
running 1.9V on ur cpu is something i won't believe

It's a Newcastle thoug, they have stock what 1.7v. 1.5v?

Okda
09-28-2006, 03:17 AM
AFAIK 1.5 is their stock but still 1.9 is too much IMHO for even benchmarking using a weak watercooling kit

Sage
09-28-2006, 04:57 AM
easy to mod.. used a thermaltake gpu block.. some plastic tubing.. to refill it i just filled a bucket with water.. submerged the kit and started the pump.. and of course it pumped all the air out of the system and filled it back up autmatically :)

yeah 1.5v standard..

sorry guys really cant be fukd taking photos/screenshots to prove something to some guys in forums.. no offense.. its the truth what i posted.. believe it or not.. doesnt really bother me either way..

all i want to know is can i use one of these cooling kits on a conroe?

itznfb
09-28-2006, 05:01 AM
you can, but it's pretty obvious at this point that it is highly recommended not to.

Okda
09-28-2006, 06:28 AM
sorry guys really cant be fukd taking photos/screenshots to prove something to some guys in forums.. no offense.. its the truth what i posted.. believe it or not.. doesnt really bother me either way..

well i didn't mean that u r lying but i meant that i have never seen anyone running his NC or Clayhammer @ 1.9v for 24/7 usage

will a screenshoot of cpu-z which takes less than 1 min to copy and paste in a jpg file and paste it here bother u that much ???

please do it for me

and again i don't mean at all that u r lying i just want to see a screen shot

also i am to see how did u mood ur coolmaster kit to add teh vga , how did u refill the loop with any liquid? do u have the R80 or R120 kit ???

can u take some pictures and paste it here ?

Sage
09-28-2006, 06:36 PM
cant do a CPU-Z screenshot as i dont run the 1.9v 2700mhz 24/7 anymore cause i added another SATA drive onto ports 1+2 and with this mobo you cant go over 240FSB if you are using those ports.. i would just remove em tho im running a hacked software RAID 5 from Windows 2003.. so i cant remove 2 drives and still boot. :/

ill show you a photo of my modded water cooling to cool the vga as well.. tho.. im at work now ill post it 2nite..

i already posted how i refilled the kit in my last post above.

and i have a R120 kit..

Okda
09-28-2006, 11:30 PM
ill show you a photo of my modded water cooling to cool the vga as well.. tho.. im at work now ill post it 2nite..

thanks in advance

Sage
09-29-2006, 03:37 AM
poor shot only had my mobile to use.. and its dark tho you can see the aquagate pump their and the thermaltake GPU block.. and some clear plastic tubing that i bought to extend the normal system..

i get my digicam back in a week or so and if you like will provide a better one.. or if someone has a better hosting than photobucket the actual shot is a bit better than the one your seeing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/thesage/Toys/HPIM0011.jpg

creidiki
09-29-2006, 04:13 AM
You can change the account options in PB to take up to 1MB images without recompressing... like so: Linkage (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Alepfhaist/desktop-20-08-2006.jpg)

Sage
09-29-2006, 06:18 AM
i must be blind but i dont see any option like that.. can you be more specific?

Okda
09-29-2006, 06:26 AM
http://www.imageshack.us/

creidiki
09-29-2006, 06:33 AM
In the main page, under the upload box click on "upload options"

rfhop22
10-25-2006, 06:00 AM
It works.

So far its working great. I installed an extra 120mm fan for push/pull though.

First off I picked it up for $50 at newegg. Put it on my new C2 e6600 / P5W DH. I place the Rad in front of cas with the fan pulling air thru it. Now I was concerned in the beggining about my temps in load. Idle would very from 24c-28c and load would go up to 60c with 2 instances of prime. Thought maybe my Wb wasn't makin good contact but the rad was warm.. well hot actually so it was doin the job. I wanted to try something before I re-installed the WB.

I put another 120mm fan in front of my rad to push air with a ghetto shroud made out of cardboard and 100 mile-n-hour tape. Push/Pull method worked wonders with this R mini.

My idle hovers 21c-22c and load with 2 instances of prime running for over 12 hours gets 38c.

My current OC for my e6600 is @ 3.2 Ghz 1:1 ratio 1600fsb. So far Im happy with it.

I only bought it cause it was cheap and newegg didnt have the Apex Ultra in stock at the time of purchase and I was just goin to fool around with it.

I have to say that with the added fan I get excellent results compared to just the 1 fan.