PDA

View Full Version : Maxxxpert stops selling mx-eva3 for now

killersushi
06-18-2002, 08:52 AM
I have ordered a unit about 2 weeks ago, and got word today from Maxxxpert Korea that they are stopping to sell mx-eva3 until they get a hold on the problems that people encountered with their units. They state that they only want to sell quality products and that they will maybe be ready with the upgrading by the end of the month.

Here's the mail:

WE ARE SORRY TO INFORM AS FOLLOWS.

; WE RECEICED REPORTS FROM OUR DEALERS ON SOME MINOR DEFECTS. SO, WE DECIDED NOT TO DELIVER ANY UNIT BEFORE SUCH PROBLEMS ARE THOUROUGHLY SOLVED. UPGRADING PROCEDURE IS GOING ON AND, AT THE MOMENT, WE CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHEN IT WILL BE FINISHED : MAYBE BY END OF THIS MONTH.

SO, WE WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU WAIT FOR OUR DELIVERY TILL THE END OF THE MONTH. IF YOU CANNOT AGREE TO WAIT TILL THEN, WE WILL REFUND THE MONEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

PLEASE KINDLY UNDERSTAND THAT WE JUST WANT TO DELIVER PERFECT PRODUCT AFTER COMPLETE UPGRADING.

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.

BEST REGARDS.

calantak
06-19-2002, 11:01 AM
so the prometheia is the only unit that's officially being sold for the moment?

Nohto
06-19-2002, 02:19 PM
I just talked to them also and got the same story. Who makes the promethia.

OPPAINTER
06-19-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Nohto
I just talked to them also and got the same story. Who makes the promethia.

http://www.chip-con.com/cooler.asp

killersushi
06-19-2002, 02:26 PM
What I don't like about the promethia, it's a case. I don't use a case, even if I wanted one, I'd surely look for a nice aluminium one or something. They'd better also sell the cryo station alone.

calantak
06-19-2002, 09:02 PM
it's all dismountable.. the case can be screwed off and all you have left is the cryostation

killersushi
06-19-2002, 10:32 PM
I see, good to hear. I now have the option to get my money refunded for the mx-eva3, should I get the promethia? At least on the whitepaper, it seems to be stronger. But results I've seen are not too impressive, seems there are some pressure issues with the fixation? What do you guys think.

OPPAINTER
06-19-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by killersushi
I see, good to hear. I now have the option to get my money refunded for the mx-eva3, should I get the promethia? At least on the whitepaper, it seems to be stronger. But results I've seen are not too impressive, seems there are some pressure issues with the fixation? What do you guys think.

I would get it.
I'll tell you that mounting on a small core like the XP cpu is hard to do for the MXEva also. I bet the promethia would mount fine with patients.

OPP

killersushi
06-19-2002, 11:27 PM
Yeah, well I have to take a closer look at the promethia. It's just over at icrontic I've read some people having issues with having not enough spacers to get that pressure down. So figured it was bit of a screwy hold down system.

So OPP, if you could choose now you'd get the promethia yourself?

calantak
06-20-2002, 12:10 AM
I know the spacer problem, but if you ask more spacers when you order, they'll just give you more.

I ordered one and it got sent to me in about 1 week (!!) from Denmark...I live in Belgium, I ordered both kits (amd and intel) just to be sure.
JC had some problems with the mount on his abit th7-II, and he communicated that to them, they sent a support mail to tell that there had been problems with the abit mounting, so I replied telling them I use an abit th7-II and an abit bd7-II.
6 days later the new mounting kit arrived, free of any charge.

they included quite some spacers with it, so I think I have six or so in total, that should suffice.

Can't tell you any results yet, but next week I'm on vacation so I'll be testing it quite thoroughly on an abit th7-II with rimms , an abit BD7II with pc3200 from corsair, with a 1.6 and probably a 2.26 too.

I'll keep you guys informed.

killersushi
06-20-2002, 12:13 AM
Seems to be a good company to deal with. I'm in Switzerland by the way, I'll just come over to your place and steal the thing from you :D

calantak
06-20-2002, 12:15 AM
I have a browning cal.12's and two dobermans and I intend to protect the prometheia with my life :p
Maybe you'd better give me a call first and just lend it or sth. ;)

killersushi
06-20-2002, 12:20 AM
Nope will take it by force. Your doggies will be frozen down to -40c with the latest in phase change technology :D

How much was the shipping? This thing is rather heavy.

calantak
06-20-2002, 12:22 AM
the total prcicng was 720 euro with and amd and an intel kit, and they included two tubes of as3, and two tubes of aa :)

killersushi
06-20-2002, 12:24 AM
What a :banana::banana::banana::banana:load of money. That makes it more expensive than the mx-eva3. Could have gotten that one for $500 including shipping and both amd and intel hold downs.

calantak
06-20-2002, 12:42 AM
they make you pay the ugly topcase which you unscrew and use for something else anyway...

killersushi
06-20-2002, 12:46 AM
I think I'll inquire them if I might get the cryo station alone, also shipping would be cheaper. Or have you tried that already?

calantak
06-20-2002, 12:55 AM
I doubt they'll do that... but there's no harm in trying!
cuz the case atop of it is really no good at all

Nohto
06-20-2002, 01:04 AM
I am currently in contact with the company and just asked them that same question and also what the total price would be delivered to Vegas.

killersushi
06-20-2002, 01:07 AM
AFAIK they only deliver to Europe as of yet. Anyway, I've asked that same question just now. Maybe in the future they will sell the cryo station alone, who wants that case anyway? ;)

Nohto
06-20-2002, 01:10 AM
They are aware of my location and told me it would be about 3 weeks for delivery by boat and around $500- $550 US.

calantak
06-20-2002, 01:10 AM
that would be 900-1000 USd total cost!

Nohto
06-20-2002, 01:13 AM
They said " whole unit" but I will definately have to get a clarification on that.

fredperry
06-20-2002, 03:55 AM
chip-con is planning on selling a seperate cooling unit without the case, like MX-EVA3. No ETA tho...

OPPAINTER
06-20-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by killersushi
Yeah, well I have to take a closer look at the promethia. It's just over at icrontic I've read some people having issues with having not enough spacers to get that pressure down. So figured it was bit of a screwy hold down system.

So OPP, if you could choose now you'd get the promethia yourself?

I Think the product may be better Quality then the EVA, Chip Con is a Refridgeration Company I think. That right there says a lot as far as knowlidge of cooling.
From what I've seen from JC when comparing P4 temps, his prometheia was getting better temps then my Eva by a few degress. Not much but could mean the difference in a high Overclock as far as Stability.
And the bottom line, My EVA evaporator blew a Gasket or somthing so the prometheia is looking beter everyday:D

OPP

killersushi
06-20-2002, 08:00 AM
I see, thanks for the info OPP :)

Well I also got the reply from chip-con that they are indeed not selling the cryo station alone. At least they take credit cards (which is my doom ever so often) ;)