PDA

View Full Version : moving Woes

Hymay
09-25-2006, 05:46 AM
Sadly, the time has come to pack up and head back to the sticks in Idaho. The worst part isnt the 3+ days of driving, with no crunching going on ( Had actually thought of running a cruncher with Q'd data on an inverter from the lighter, but with 3 dogs in the car too.. its probably not that great an idea for the HW ), But once I arrive, internet connection will be spotty at best, to nonexistant. Currently, the only thing we have is 24k dialup :eek: :eek: May end up with satellite, but will take a while to get it installed...

Short story, gilmore's stats are gonna drop like a rock at the end of the week. :(

Good thing there's more than a few new guys to pick up the slack :woot:

GL @ WCG till I get "civilized" again and can put some production out.

Movieman
09-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Hey, you do what you can and thats it..
Safe trip and hope to see you soon!:toast:

Martijn
09-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Have a good trip!! Hope to see you soon again!! :)

Firechicken
09-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Have a good trip, dont forget the fluids, spare tire, any old extra belts throw em under the seat, check the belts (dont just look at em turn em over in your fingers and look for huge cracks) roll of duct tape, silicone for the thermostat if it sticks and boils over (you can run safely without a thermostat you just dont have any heat or very much in the car two bolts and it's off) silicone the thermostat housing back up give it a few and your on your way. And a 2L bottle of water or rad fluid to squeek you to the next town, Flashlight.

Side cutters needle nose nippers:D (A vise grip and cresent wrench can be your biggest allies and alone have gotten me out of alot)
depending on the vehicle metric or imp: 10,12,13,14,15,17,MM wrenches 5/16,1/4,3/8,7/16,1/2,9/16,5/8,"

main metric ones being 10mm,12mm,13,14. and for imp main ones are:7/16",1/2",9/16" should do it.

Couple sockest couldnt hurt if you got em.

Somthing that can double as a screw driver and pry bar for belts and hose clamps,tire iron:rolleyes: or socket to fit:D Most of this will fit into a small shoebox or bag. Anyways lol you get the idea sure you got it covered anyways.

And please packing a car to the roof puts alot of heat into the tires so make sure they are inflated to the right pressure, I have seen more wrecked cars come into the shop from this happen one even killed the driver when the tire blew and rolled him down a big bank, rember the firestone tire thing a while back? was due to people not filling them enough.

So please be safe alot can happen on a long drive and you'll sure kick your self when your outta cell range or somthing late at night now that it's getting colder. I dont want anyone here getting marooned or hurt, have a safe trip and hope to see you up and running soon. PM me and I'll give you my Phone number and I can talk you through somthing if you need anytime of night I dont care:D

Cheers see you on the other side:toast: :toast:

Michael,

[XC] serlv
09-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Have a safe trip, Hymay! Looking forward to when you get back here.

rob725
09-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Good luck with your move!

[XC] hipno650
09-26-2006, 07:15 PM
safe trip, good luck and get back soon!!!!!!:stick: :D :p: