PDA

View Full Version : I was just over at the WCG web site..

Movieman
09-24-2006, 11:31 PM
and looking through the list of members on the XS team.
It seems we have a new member on the team..
JUST joined up. Now he maybe a n00b to WCG so I'm sure we'll all be cordial and help him out if he has problems.
I'm not even going to tell you his name. I'll let you go and look for yourself!:D
Scroll waaaaaay down to the bottom.....
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamMemberDetail.do?sort=points&teamId=69B8364XP1&pageNum=1&numRecordsPerPage=250

Firechicken
09-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow! really nice to see that!

[XC] riptide
09-25-2006, 12:57 AM
I know lads. Thanks you thanks you. i just joined up myself the other day. thanks for the welcome. Oh... whos that other guy at the very bottom. Hmmmm sounds familiar. ;)

Movieman
09-25-2006, 01:04 AM
I know lads. Thanks you thanks you. i just joined up myself the other day. thanks for the welcome. Oh... who's that other guy at the very bottom. Hmmmm sounds familiar. ;)
I was going to thank you personally BUT from what I saw I'm going to have to fly over to the old country and show you how to actually START the machine thats running the app!:p:
You see there's this little button on the front, and you have to push it before it starts to function...:stick:

[XC] riptide
09-25-2006, 01:08 AM
I was going to thank you personally BUT from what I saw I'm going to have to fly over to the old country and show you how to actually START the machine thats running the app!:p:
You see there's this little button on the front, and you have to push it before it starts to function...:stick:
Give me time Movieman. Sure didn't we just get the electricity in the other day. And running water is all new to me too. Give me a week. I hate BOINC but one thing I know for sure is that BOINC plus SOB = very good. Give them each 50/50 and you get 65/50. Boinc does not drop to 50% with SOB.;) I think its a HT thing. I have a commitment to XTT for the next few days. then I can throw on QMC/WCG and see how it plays.

Movieman
09-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Give me time Movieman. Sure didn't we just get the electricity in the other day. And running water is all new to me too. Give me a week. I hate BOINC but one thing I know for sure is that BOINC plus SOB = very good. Give them each 50/50 and you get 65/50. Boinc does not drop to 50% with SOB.;) I think its a HT thing. I have a commitment to XTT for the next few days. then I can throw on QMC/WCG and see how it plays.
I was betting it wouldn't take 5 minutes for you to respond and I was right!
I know, and I thought you a good enough friend that I could tease you and you'd laugh!;) I like the running water part!:rofl:
Is it one of those stand up pumps over the kitchen sink?:rolleyes:

[XC] Adywebb
09-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Dave - my parents used to read me bedtime stories about a legendary man with a very similar name - nah it couldn't possibly be.......

As you know I'm always willing to help out these total WCG n00bs to knock out a few points here and there - I will be on the lookout to provide assistance to him where necessary :up: :p:

Edit: Dave - just noticed your posts over at Teddies now I'm back from me hols - made a reply to you ;)

[XC] riptide
09-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Is it one of those stand up pumps over the kitchen sink?:rolleyes:
Sink? WTF is that. Nah its one of these.........

Jose
09-25-2006, 02:11 AM
Who allowed that rabble rouser in? :rofl: ( Talk about an open question :) )

David you almost killed me , I had to clean the hot coffee after my mom had to use the Heimlich maneuver when the doughnut I was eating stuck in my throat.

[XC] serlv
09-25-2006, 04:06 AM
Well, that is really good thing to see indeeed! Hello Victor! :)

[XC] leviathan18
09-25-2006, 04:36 AM
oh god... oh god.... im going down again :(

J/K glad you join us victor

Movieman
09-25-2006, 04:46 AM
oh god... oh god.... im going down again :(

J/K glad you join us victor
I'm just glad to see his name there: 2 machines or 200 doesn't matter..

Jaco
09-25-2006, 05:18 AM
a lot of new members :D excellent !
Welcome to all !!

Victor joined us too, this makes my day:)

Who's Marcel Thibault ?

Movieman
09-25-2006, 06:18 AM
a lot of new members :D excellent !
Welcome to all !!

Victor joined us too, this makes my day:)

Who's Marcel Thibault ?
A troublemaker from WCG, joined us just so he could tell some lies over at the WCG forum on 9/11...

Jaco
09-25-2006, 06:23 AM
He must be thinkin' : i've I can't beat them ... join 'em :D

Martijn
09-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Now where are his points? :D

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-25-2006, 06:57 AM
Glad to see you got running water Rip, Now you can have Tea :rofl: (I didn't say bags)

itznfb
09-25-2006, 06:58 AM
lol, i wish i had seen this thread this morning. i've been looking at riptides name for the last few days wondering when he was going to figure out how to turn on his machine. :p:

and welcome DDTung, it's good to see such a highly respected member of the community back with the main XS project.

brot
09-25-2006, 07:15 AM
I'm just glad to see his name there: 2 machines or 200 doesn't matter..

even with one machine he is very very welcome here.

lv_dicedealer
09-25-2006, 07:21 AM
:welcome:

Glad to see DDT join the group :D

Movieman
09-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Now where are his points? :D
On the top of his head!:D

He must be thinkin' : i've I can't beat them ... join 'em :D
I'll tell you the only thing that guy beats and it wasn't what your talking about!

Martijn
09-25-2006, 07:40 AM
On the top of his head!:D
:eek:

Did he post somewhere in this board already? :)

Movieman
09-25-2006, 07:44 AM
:eek:

Did he post somewhere in this board already? :)
Not that I ever saw..Just tossed his name on our team so he could jump in that thread with me and Dagowaste and say that when he joined this team( are you sitting down for this one) he was told that he HAD to run optimised files and also to work with us on trying to exploit the server at WCG..:rolleyes:
I wonder if this is him?:ROTF:
http://www.tbosoftware.com/

lv_dicedealer
09-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Marcel Thibault == waste of bandwidth

I have to apologize to everyone reading this for wasting your bandwidth by posting this drivel

Martijn
09-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Not that I ever saw..Just tossed his name on our team so he could jump in that thread with me and Dagowaste and say that when he joined this team( are you sitting down for this one) he was told that he HAD to run optimised files and also to work with us on trying to exploit the server at WCG..:rolleyes:
Hehe, I always loved (and still do) hacking the school server :D

Well, actually it isn't hacking, but peeking around :rofl:

Movieman
09-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Marcel Thibault == waste of bandwidth

I have to apologize to everyone reading this for wasting your bandwidth by posting this drivel
good point, sorry! I got WAAAAAY off topic. It's just some of the incredible things that have been said about us over the last few weeks.
You get to a point of enough is enough and want to fight back but in this you are right my friend, it is a waste of bandwidth.;)

Martijn
09-25-2006, 08:09 AM
good point, sorry! I got WAAAAAY off topic. It's just some of the incredible things that have been said about us over the last few weeks.
You get to a point of enough is enough and want to fight back but in this you are right my friend, it is a waste of bandwidth.;)
Why did you QUOTE that... That is even more waste of bandwith :slapass:

:D

Movieman
09-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Why did you QUOTE that... That is even more waste of bandwith :slapass:

:D
I guess I just have so much with this new FIOS line I couldn't help myself!:D

[XC] riptide
09-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Glad to see you got running water Rip, Now you can have Tea :rofl: (I didn't say bags)
Well I always use TEABAGS when making my tea. Its just very conveniant.

itznfb: Patience my dear friend.

I think DDT wants to race me to 5million. Thats why he joined just after I did. I'll just wait around till he's ready. :cool:

Movieman
09-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Well I always use TEABAGS when making my tea. Its just very conveniant.

I think DDT wants to race me to 5million. Thats why he joined just after I did. I'll just wait around till he's ready. :cool:
:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

itznfb
09-25-2006, 09:26 AM

so i guess he's only using 1 machine?

lol.

kidding aside, glad you're crunching here with us. we look forward to your contributions.

[XC] serlv
09-25-2006, 09:52 AM
even with one machine he is very very welcome here.

Something tells me that there may be more than one machine reporting in ...

WesM63
09-25-2006, 10:44 AM
woo hoo welcome to WCG DDT!!

Riptide, i'd welcome you.. but.. a man that drinks water out of that thing.. wow. ;)

joshd
09-25-2006, 11:14 AM
well, i don't really have any idea who you are, but by the amount of "welcome backs" are you getting, i guess you must be a pretty decent person, so, on that note:

welcome back! :toast:

Martijn
09-25-2006, 11:21 AM
well, i don't really have any idea who you are, but by the amount of "welcome backs" are you getting, i guess you must be a pretty decent person, so, on that note:

I give you this information:

Our spiritual leader DDTUNG had a decent output in Rosetta. XS was the no1 producer, DDTUNG would be the 2nd producer if he were a team on it's own :). He produced 20-30% of the total output of the team (which was around 500k a day if I remember rightly). So keep him as your friend, you don't want him leaving :D

carl.h
09-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Would this be called the second coming ? :D

< Looks for the mythical beast on the Xtreme WCG team....Nope no DDT there >

< Hand`s back The Watchtower and slams the door >

I`m an athiest I don`t believe in DDT.....:stick: :D

Martijn
09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
I`m an athiest I don`t believe in DDT.....:stick: :D
[drooling voice]I believe... WE believe...

You should believe...[/drooling voice]

itznfb
09-25-2006, 12:06 PM
hey, i'm carl.h, i'm really jealous of that DDTung guy...
:slap:

rpg711
09-25-2006, 12:09 PM
i just joined up...
but this is a pretty good score for non-24\7 wcg
rpg711 08/26/2006 0:006:05:38:27 7,599 24

carl.h
09-25-2006, 12:11 PM
itznfb

For altering my post I`m going to have to swear at you now........

Boinc Synergy...

Huh see how you like that ! :p:

[XC]melymel
09-25-2006, 12:16 PM
itznfb

Boinc Synergy...

Huh see how you like that ! :p:

That's uncalled for :slapass: :p: also it can be appropriately abbrieviated to BS!

DDTUNG: great to see you setting up for the team but no need to rush chill out and enjoy your well deserved break :toast:

[XC] serlv
09-25-2006, 12:31 PM

Hey, let me preface this by saying he is human. Then quickly follow that up by saying whatever his human failings and negatives are I've never gotten to see them.

The man is wise, helpful, pretty selfless, generous, has a huge heart. He is also extremely intelligent, and capable in his knowledge of all things OC. And a monster "cruncher"; I don't think you'll find a more determined, competitive spirit in the DC world. Aside from fielding, in the past, a monster farm, he has helped many here, including me, with equipment to help them get a machine that was down, up. Or helped someone get a machine that just needed xxxx to be complete, the required part, if he could.

He is a legend around these parts and we refer to him as our "spiritual leader". I don't think I'd want to be against him in a sword fight, as he is usually singularly focused and ferocious in his endeavors. On the other hand you'll find no better ally and teammate.

carl.h
09-25-2006, 12:32 PM
I apologise it was a bit Xtreme.....It`s the Tourettes...Saenger...MMCiastro...MattDavis.....Oo oops sorry...:doh:

< Check`s back at page one....nope.... looks in cupboards and under carpet eewwwww sticky chewing gum.... Nope no DDT.....Wonders what type of tobacco they smoke around here, or if it`s PCB poisoning that does it >

phicks
09-25-2006, 12:48 PM

Boinc Synergy...

You could have warned us delicate types. :slapass: :p:

Scott he sounds like a great guy. :clap:

[XC] serlv
09-25-2006, 01:06 PM
I apologise it was a bit Xtreme.....It`s the Tourettes...Saenger...MMCiastro...MattDavis.....Oo oops sorry...:doh:

< Check`s back at page one....nope.... looks in cupboards and under carpet eewwwww sticky chewing gum.... Nope no DDT.....Wonders what type of tobacco they smoke around here, or if it`s PCB poisoning that does it >

You have crossed a line, Carl.

these >>> Saenger...MMCiastro...MattDavis..... are words and names not to be spoken of here. It is like speaking of syphylis(sp?), chlamydia and herpes. We're trying to keep our forums clean! How dare you mention those names!?! This goes beyond simple swearing. These name/terms are blasphemes of the human soul! ;) :fact:

Magnj
09-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Now that's a nice member to have on a crunchin team =)

bullet2urbrain
09-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Stay on Vacation Victor... it'll all still be here when you get back... take your time and take it easy :D

Cheers :toast:

also BS = BloodySorcerer to me

carl.h
09-25-2006, 01:31 PM
http://www.teddies.be/Forum/images/smiles/eusa_pray.gif Oh great DDTung...forgive me my sins < he isn`t real > for I have uttered the words of demons upon thy great forum known as xtreme systems and disturbed your long sleeping spirit.......<Opens one eye and wait`s words from above >............

Nah nothing.....He doesn`t exist I tell ya.....:stick: ;) :D

lv_dicedealer
09-25-2006, 01:35 PM
The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Freddie Kreuger, now those guys don't exist (aside from the rare spotting at the local mall at specific times of the year).

DDT is real..... real in the sense of the word that he could overtake your team on his own if he were to unleash the fury which his farm can conjure....

Martijn
09-25-2006, 01:38 PM
DDT is real..... real in the sense of the word that he could overtake your team on his own if he were to unleash the fury with his farm can conjure....

And without too much problems I think :D

lawrywild
09-25-2006, 01:50 PM
:woot: DDT ftw!! :D

carl.h
09-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Don`t worry Dicedealer, I`m only joshing ;)

Now tell me when you last saw Freddy Kreuger at the mall....:eek:

< Must be the heat from overclocking that does it > :D

[XC] leviathan18
09-25-2006, 02:03 PM
i have to ask to NJKID to :banana: those names in this forum really....

carl h is just jealous that we have DDT with us...

lv_dicedealer
09-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Don`t worry Dicedealer, I`m only joshing ;)

Now tell me when you last saw Freddy Kreuger at the mall....:eek:

< Must be the heat from overclocking that does it > :D

I guess living in Vegas has had its affect on me. There are a few malls that have haunted houses around this time of year, hence the sightings. Its not the heat fro overclocking, its the heat from the desert.

lv_dd

[XC] Adywebb
09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
You could have warned us delicate types. :slapass: :p:
Patty a delicate type :rofl: - next you'll be trying to tell Carl and me DDT really DOES exist!! :stick: :p: :D

carl.h
09-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Leviathan18 said

carl h is just jealous that we have DDT with us...

:D Ahhhh but you haven`t met our Agent Orange yet...:D ;)

He will appear at a convenient time and will say lo....Teddies you have been Xtreme at times and behold I give to you the power of C2D ( about mid day tomorrow)....Now go forth and smite the BS with the power I bring unto you, even though you number very few you shall drive these BS, lying, hypocritical mothers into the ground......For you art righteous brothers (http://www.hlopoty.ru/music/Righteous%20Brothers%20-%2007%20-%20Unchained%20Melody.mp3) of the Xtreme light.......

And the number of the beast will be E6600

itznfb
09-26-2006, 06:38 PM
didn't take DDTung long to get warmed up. he's moving up the charts mighty quick. think he might like the idea of such a gigantic challange?

[XC] hipno650
09-26-2006, 07:05 PM
at rosetta ddtung came destroyed and the was no other surving teams:D

great to see you!!!!!!!!!

i was going to post this but the severswap got in my way:slap: :D

i can see that 1 million day in less than a week:D