PDA

View Full Version : Philosophy after my Pie ?

DAK1640
09-23-2006, 06:01 AM
Wat'z up, pls backoff, this is my pie and I want to keep it. I have ComCast all over my azz and I am doing the best I can...All teary eyed...:toast:

Movieman
09-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Wat'z up, pls backoff, this is my pie and I want to keep it. I have ComCast all over my azz and I am doing the best I can...All teary eyed...:toast:
Dak: didn't you have a T3 or close to that at work that you were using for dimes a while back?
And don't worry, I'll try and keep Philosophy busy, at least in the dailies..:D
A very long way to go to catch either of you guys in the totals.:slobber:

DAK1640
09-23-2006, 03:11 PM
I did try to run Dimes at work, however my IT dept was too concerned so I couldn't...They don't seem to mind the shipping system running WCG though (or at least they haven't noticed yet). All my MJ-12 power comes from my home along with Comcast's moaning & groaning. Pls give Philosophy some daily targets, he is zooming in on my pie...:toast:

[XC]melymel
09-23-2006, 03:16 PM
600K an update, I don't know how many times i've said this now DAK but your output is simply amazing :slobber:. If it weren't for comcast i'm sure you could even give py-222 a run for his money ;) good luck with holding philosophy off DAK and i'll keep checking for your name as number 1 in the dailies you certainly deserve it friend :toast:

P.S. movieman please don't nock me out of the top 10 :stick: :lol:

Movieman
09-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Going to be a while I think before I worry any of you guys. This Acriontec router that Verizon sent kicks itself off every 6-9 hours.
Reboot and fine, clueless as to why. All I can think of is that a circuit is overheating slowly and it reaches a shutdown polnt.
Have a new one just arrived and will see if that helps.

[XC]melymel
09-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Going to be a while I think before I worry any of you guys. This Acriontec router that Verizon sent kicks itself off every 6-9 hours.
Reboot and fine, clueless as to why. All I can think of is that a circuit is overheating slowly and it reaches a shutdown polnt.

Hope the new router helps Dave, If not give Bloody_S a pm about building a smoothwall, He knows a bit about them ;). Also it'll probably take you about 1 week to get to the top 5 so I'm busy packing my things and preparing a move to slot 10 unless I can pass KB first :p:.

Maybe you and DAK should join up and try and take down Haltech, may spur him into kicking some a$$ again :D .

:toast:

[XC] moddolicous
09-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I told you in that thread where you said you got Fios that any router you get would be your MJ-12 bottleneck. Set up a smoothwall and you'll be good to go.

Movieman
09-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Hope the new router helps Dave, If not give Bloody_S a pm about building a smoothwall, He knows a bit about them ;). Also it'll probably take you about 1 week to get to the top 5 so I'm busy packing my things and preparing a move to slot 10 unless I can pass KB first :p:.

Maybe you and DAK should join up and try and take down Haltech, may spur him into kicking some a$$ again :D .

:toast:
Just talked with BS..He was out of town.
I just want to see us grab #3 and then chase down #2..
#1 will be a beech but hey, this is XS.:D

DAK1640
09-23-2006, 03:55 PM
:banana: Hey Dave, I went to Radio Shack and bought a 120MM AC fan & I have this blowing on my D-Link 4300 and it seems to do the trick. Perhaps a temp band-aid for you?

Thanks MelyMel, I am trying to keep ComCast at bay with short bursts of "Flat Out", I only wished I could run 7x24 or even 6 hours a day would make me happy. They said next time they will simply shut off my Cable ?

I would think MJ12 on a modem would have very limited output huh? P.S. Keep up the great work...:toast:

Movieman
09-23-2006, 04:08 PM
:banana: Hey Dave, I went to Radio Shack and bought a 120MM AC fan & I have this blowing on my D-Link 4300 and it seems to do the trick. Perhaps a temp band-aid for you?

Thanks MelyMel, I am trying to keep ComCast at bay with short bursts of "Flat Out", I only wished I could run 7x24 or even 6 hours a day would make me happy. They said next time they will simply shut off my Cable ?

I would think MJ12 on a modem would have very limited output huh? P.S. Keep up the great work...:toast:
Good Idea..I have a couple small table fans and will try that out.
What bugged me is that when this first happenned I tried my old tank Netgear RT314 and couldn't get a connection with it so when back to this plastic POS Actiontec M1424WR that they sent..