PDA

View Full Version : Apple a day can save lives, Can you help?

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-22-2006, 05:20 PM
We Mac users are a different kind of people, This is why I ask in this section. I know ShootStraight is all ready at it. Now I ask you. I am sorry if you find this spam but let me explain first.
On 12/3/05 I lost my father to Skin Cancer after 4 years of watching him slowly die I was looking for a way to try and help so no one else has to watch there family die. Well I have found it and I need your help! It is called World Community Grid, They are analizing tissue samples to try and find a common bond. Anyways, I don't want to write a book but I do want to ask you to help.
You and I know we don't use our Mac 24/7 right? So you can set this up to run only when you are not using it. I would be more than happy to help you get it set up and running.
Again, Sorry for the book but I wanted to ask the people here in the mac section to help. Anyone interested can PM me and I can help them, Or come to the WCG (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=207) section at the top of the forums.
Thanks for your time,
Scott

BTW: I have 3 Mac's and 4 pc's running it now. So if we can get one Apple user to join every day that is why I named this thread And Apple a day :toast: