View Full Version : SWiftech chipset block, has anyone tried?

fscussel
09-21-2006, 09:57 PM
what about this chipset block:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835108079

have anyone tried? in the newegg reviews they say it has a problem to attach to intel system's.... since im planning C2D, it worries me a bit

therapist
09-22-2006, 02:11 AM
I had no problem mounting mine on a DS3. I used the bolts and not the Intel spring clips. The bolts just seemed more sucure than some flimsy wire. Can't say if my NB is any cooler for it. It is more of a peice of mind thing.

Batman!
09-22-2006, 03:44 AM
Ya if you get one of the newer boards with the bolts its sooo much easier. But Im using one right now with a intel board w/hooks. It works ok. Low restrictions but cools it down nonetheless. However ya the hooks do suck. With all the torque from the tubing im seriously doubting its resting as flat as it could be. But my upgrade is due soon so im getting a p5b deluxe. With the holes, problem should be solved.

fscussel
09-22-2006, 07:07 AM
ok, so the cooling efficience is good?

Marci
09-22-2006, 07:36 AM
The cooling efficiency of the block itself is fine. Your problem will be once you add that AND the X1900 block from your other thread, you're going to overload the WC-202 as it won't be powerful enough to cool that level of heatload satisfactorily. It will be no better cooling than as if you were using air cooling.