PDA

View Full Version : Music getting stuck when another program is opened

Whelibob
09-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Hello,

I have a problem with my sounds. When im playing music with winamp, mediaplayer or itunes, doesnt matter which music player i use and when i open another program, my music gets stuck for about 1 second and makes this annoying sound and after it has opened the new program the musing getting stuck ends and my computer works fine, not being slow or anything, only the annoying sound is the problem. With my old slower computer(AMD 3000 athlon,1gb 333mhz ram, seagate barracuda 7200.7,asus A7V600motherboard) It doesnt do that. Is there some BIOS setting, or windows setting that could make that go away, because my computer shouldnt be too slow. My bios settings are all on default and ive tried also changing to "32bit transfer rate", but it didnt help. My harddrive seems to be working ok in SATA-mode, with DMA transfer mode in ULTRA DMA-5. I also have a clean XP installation with NO options changes. Changing my mediaplayer/winamp/itunes priority class to realtime doesnt help either. Ive also changed AUDIO hardware acceleration mode to different modes, but that didnt either help. I have the newest updates on my Windows XP too. Nothing really seems to help :/ have u got any ideas how this could be solved? My friend with a P5W DH deluxe, E6400 prosessor, 1gb memory and Western Digital hard drive has the same problem.

My computer specs:
P5W DH Deluxe
E6600 @3.6ghz 1.45Vcore
Corsair 2x1gb 800mhz 5-5-5-12
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320gb
7900gx2

Thanks!

Cheers,

Lasse

uOpt
09-21-2006, 03:37 AM
What OS?

Upgrade the priority of the player process to the highest (in Unix lowest) level.

Make sure you have enough RAM, maybe the problem is that paging activity on program starts makes you lose pages of your player process. Lock the pages of the player in memory (although that requires soure code unless large sections of it are readonly mapped).

Whelibob
09-21-2006, 04:20 AM
What OS?

Upgrade the priority of the player process to the highest (in Unix lowest) level.

Make sure you have enough RAM, maybe the problem is that paging activity on program starts makes you lose pages of your player process. Lock the pages of the player in memory (although that requires soure code unless large sections of it are readonly mapped).
What is OS :D? Is it windows xp pro?
Ive also switched the priority of the player, but didnt help either :/
I have 2gb ram, i think it should be enough :)
How can i change paging activity?

Istasi
09-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I know there's an issue with the latest version of iTunes when other sounds are being played, but if it's happening with other players too I don't know what the problem might be.