PDA

View Full Version : levi and haltech?

[XC] hipno650
09-20-2006, 02:53 PM
ok guys this is simple yay or nay to haltech and levi i will give everyone 4 days to respond they we shall see if the majority want's them:D

i give them my vote!

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Who ever, I think we are all cheerleaders in this section.

[XC] leviathan18
09-20-2006, 03:48 PM
i think if you guys want us as co capts we are going to get out this project out of the vault and make the XS flagship thats our first motion xD

Bloody_Sorcerer
09-20-2006, 04:14 PM
heck yes :cool:

Haltech
09-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Umm, am i missing something? like two weeks ago this was done...

Bloody_Sorcerer
09-20-2006, 04:27 PM
we just like having polls :p:

Haltech
09-20-2006, 04:28 PM
I want a teabagging poll than

Movieman
09-20-2006, 04:31 PM
I want a teabagging poll than
Hey, your going to have to become a diplomat as a co-captain.
You can't say that you'd like to "teabag" some project developer no matter how much the guy deserves it...
ok, in PM's it's permissible!:D

Umm, am i missing something? like two weeks ago this was done...
Two weeks ago they did a preliminary poll to see who should be on a final poll..
I think this one is a little messed up as it should have all the names but I also think from that previous poll that the majority would vote you 2 guys in..
You got my vote.

[cTx]Philosophy
09-20-2006, 04:40 PM
I vote levi leader and Haltech cheerleader :P

Sike I agree with the majority, whatever it may be will be, I hate hurting pls feelings..

Plus getting teabagged by a cheerleader sounds so kewl dont it :P

Except if she was china ofcourse

itznfb
09-20-2006, 04:59 PM
new poll:
as first matter to be taken care of; should levi teabag haltech:
A) Yes
B) Yes
C) Definatly

sorry to throw you in there levi, but only a capt should be able to TB a capt. :D

Movieman
09-20-2006, 05:03 PM
new poll:
as first matter to be taken care of; should levi teabag haltech:
A) Yes
B) Yes
C) Definatly

sorry to throw you in there levi, but only a capt should be able to TB a capt. :D
I don't know about that..I've seen pics of both these guys.
Levi is younger and probably faster but Haltech looks bigger and stronger..
You wouldn't want to try and teabag someone and then see them standing there smiling after they had ripped the teabag away from where it was attached!:p:
Reminds me of the story of the army recruit that jumped down from the top bunk bed and left part of himself attached to the top bunk..
Cringing just at the thought of that!

[XC] riptide
09-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I vote yes. And I vote yes for the teabagging poll too! :rofl:

itznfb
09-20-2006, 05:08 PM
@MM
ok, lol to the first part of what you said.
and WTF!?! at the second part.

[XC] leviathan18
09-20-2006, 05:14 PM
i have a friend that suffered that trying to jump over a fence

rob725
09-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Yes.

Martijn
09-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Yes!! :toast: :toast:

WesM63
09-20-2006, 10:00 PM
:rofl:

I voted yes. But i think sometimes, we have to much time on our hands lol.

joshd
09-20-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't know what to vote....

I am new, and don't know what people are like at all. :confused:

Martijn
09-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I don't know what to vote....

I am new, and don't know what people are like at all. :confused:
Well, does it really matter? You want a captain or not, so vote yes or no :D

meshmesh
09-20-2006, 10:47 PM
I voted No. I think that both members are extremely enthusiastic and loyal to the cause of this team and have it's interest at heart. But we are taking management here. IMO, the main focus of the co captains in the near future is:

a) Restore the harmony to the team after the R@H incident.
b) Be the PR spokesperson(s) for the team at the forums.
c) Energize and mobilise the troupes (XS forum members) and recruit new members to the cause.

The position needs a peoples' person who is diplomatic and patient. Although I recognise that each of the co captains possess extremely valuable skills and excellent personal skills to bring into this, I have some reservations.

Specifically, and I say this with the utmost respect, my impression (I may be totally wrong) is that Haltec says it "like it is" with a tongue that is sometimes as heavy as a hammer. It may be beneficial on occasion, but given what we have gone through (and likely to go through again) I feel shivers going down my spine of what to expect if provoked.

Personally, I would have preferred STEvil to be on this with Levi, especially to fulfill requirement b) above. He has a way with words: very balanced, eloquent, etc.... Some of you may have seen him in action. Quite impressive. I don't know whether he has reservations regarding participation though.

Since I see the way this poll is going, may I suggest that the co captains consider him for a PR officer position (if such exist) and to utilize his given abilities should the need arises (and I imagine that it will).

I intended to refrain from voting, but decided that total honesty is needed on this one. Hope my openness does not offend anyone. Please understand that I am saying this with good intentions and total respect. Sorry, Haltec.

(assuming the position. expecting serious t******ging to commence)

Edit: Removed obscene reference

Martijn
09-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I voted No. I think that both members are extremely enthusiastic and loyal to the cause of this team and have it's interest at heart. But we are taking management here. IMO, the main focus of the co captains in the near future is:

c) Energize and mobilise the troupes (XS forum members) and recruit new members to the cause.

The position needs a peoples' person who is diplomatic and patient. Although I recognise that each of the co captains possess extremely valuable skills and excellent personal skills to bring into this, I have some reservations.

Specifically, and I say this with the utmost respect, my impression (I may be totally wrong) is that Haltec says it "like it is" with a tongue that is sometimes as heavy as a hammer. It may be beneficial on occasion, but given what we have gone through (and likely to go through again) I feel shivers going down my spine of what to expect if provoked.

Personally, I would have preferred STEvil to be on this with Levi, especially to fulfill requirement b) above. He has a way with words: very balanced, eloquent, etc.... Some of you may have seen him in action. Quite impressive. I don't know whether he has reservations regarding participation though.

Since I see the way this poll is going, may I suggest that the co captains consider him for a PR officer position (if such exist) and to utilize his given abilities should the need arises (and I imagine that it will).

I intended to refrain from voting, but decided that total honesty is needed on this one. Hope my openness does not offend anyone. Please understand that I am saying this with good intentions and total respect. Sorry, Haltec.

(assuming the position. expecting serious teabagging to commence)

That is indeed something I was concerned about as well, but I have to say this: Haltech is a good team leader. Why not let Levi do the talking instead?

[XC] leviathan18
09-20-2006, 11:26 PM
dont worry guys i think before talking to anyone we have to consult our team members i think haltech should take things slowly and leave his way of doing things only when is xtremely neccesary.

if we are elected here i think we wont dissapoint you guys, i talked with movieman not so long ago about this and asked for his help if i needed im not the best english speaker here so im going to need some help talking with the people from time to time, also we always are a open group here are people with brilliant ideas so we need all the feedback we could get from our team i really want to make this the next big dc project here in XS and i hope you guys help me with this.

Martijn
09-20-2006, 11:28 PM
dont worry guys i think before talking to anyone we have to consult our team members i think haltech should take things slowly and leave his way of doing things only when is xtremely neccesary.

if we are elected here i think we wont dissapoint you guys, i talked with movieman not so long ago about this and asked for his help if i needed im not the best english speaker here so im going to need some help talking with the people from time to time, also we always are a open group here are people with brilliant ideas so we need all the feedback we could get from our team i really want to make this the next big dc project here in XS and i hope you guys help me with this.
Of course we will help you!!! :clap:

meshmesh
09-20-2006, 11:52 PM
This team is young. We had a bad experience and there were losses. But we learned how to play "the game".

Good. Levi, as long as you remember that your main role is to coordinate and facilitate, this team can move forward as one. From what you said above, I think you understand what I mean.

As for my recommendation for a PR, at least you know my opinion with regards who to turn to if you guys need help.

Where is STEvil by the way? Haven't heard for him in the last few days?

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-21-2006, 12:18 AM
At this point do we need to say this is the Leaders? We are just getting ramped up. As far as my vote it was for Levi and still is.
So for the time being lets just say Levi is the Head chearleader and every one concentrate on getting every one you can over here and worry about the leaders when we hammer down. Any one?

Martijn
09-21-2006, 12:25 AM
At this point do we need to say this is the Leaders? We are just getting ramped up. As far as my vote it was for Levi and still is.
So for the time being lets just say Levi is the Head chearleader and every one concentrate on getting every one you can over here and worry about the leaders when we hammer down. Any one?
Agreed :toast:

[XC] Teroedni
09-21-2006, 12:31 AM
I voted yes ofcourse:D

i think if you guys want us as co capts we are going to get out this project out of the vault and make the XS flagship thats our first motion xD

:toast:

Movieman
09-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Vapor: No insult intended but are you actually on the WCG team?
Didn't you mention the other day in a post that the only DC app that you were running was Rosetta?
Please correct me if I am wrong on this.
If your not running the app and not on the team, with all due respect I beleive your out of line even posting in this thread let alone voting on this issue.

As to Haltech: I agree he's an in your face guy and he and I have had our differences as most of you know, but he is also one smart guy and has devoted a lot of resources to many of the DC apps that XS has run.
Does that in itself make him "captain" material? No.
BUT I saw the way he handled things on MJ12 and what I saw there said to me that he was more than capable.
I'm not trying to blow smoke up his butt or anyone elses here.
I'm just trying to get everyone to think a bit.
There are many here that could well serve as captain or co captain and do a great job of it including Levi and Haltech and Levi, your english is as good as most and damned better than my Spanish!;)
The one bit of advice that I would give to anyone that winds up as captian is to remember these(supposedly) bits of wisdom:
1) We're here for 2 main reasons, to help the projects and also to have some fun doing it. When push comes to shove those are why we do this.
2)Don't take the other teams too seriously or any BS from them.
I made that mistake. Show them with numbers not with comments what we are all about.
3) Treat everyone here as you would your best friend of 20 years.
With warmth and understanding even when you disagree with him.
The issue with RAMMIE the other day is a perfect example.
I understood where his head was at even though I thought he was totally wrong. He simply misinterpreted the "banter" as the main reason why we do this.
Would I have answered as Haltech did? No..BUT God's truth, I laughed when I read Haltechs reply and said "Good for you"..
4)Don't try and push the guys into things they don't want.
The real truth is that no one here needs to be motivated.
All these guys bring their own motivations with them.
The issue is motivating the rest of the forum to join in with us and to not get upset when many of them say no..
That's their right and we have to respect it..
Little steps with a few big ones mixed in will get us to where we want to be and that is the team sending back the most results a day.
I think thats a much better goal than points.

[XC] leviathan18
09-21-2006, 01:00 AM
and still you dont want to be capt....

we wont let anyone to mess with this team we are going to run until we overtake and leave in the dust easynews, i said before i would love to have MM and LV as capts again but if you guys dont want please at least advise us...

we are getting now in a point where we should start thinking what we want to do with this team, this is the best medical app we can crunch for after what happened at rosetta so we need to take this project as we did in rosetta the only issue here is the number 1 team is 3 times more pwerfull than us and the advantage is hughe, so we need to start looking for the most efficient crunchers in this project start experimenting with the stock client maybe in some cases yields better results we need even 1 point per day more so we need to start looking for evey advantage we can take without cheating , we should infiltrate in easynews forums if they have to see how they crunch what they have crunching and try to take all the info we need to become the unstopable machine we were at rosetta.

this is why im telling you guys we need ideas and more participation i know you guys are doing a lot just crunching but look at the stats we are struggling to be n2 in the dailys not even talk about n1 we need to stablish in the short term as n2 and start looking to get most out of our systems.... :toast:

Movieman
09-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Movieman: as me not doing any WCG work (nor will I ever), there is no respect due to me. Additionally, XSDC and I are not on good terms at all....if I could pull my vote back, I probably would.

I still have something to say, however.

Having Haltech, as he acts today, as an ambassador of XS is something I'm really against. Think about that guys....to some outside organizations, Haltech will be a face of XSWCG, is that what you want?

The fact that no one is hesitating about levi is a good sign for levi, I'm a fan of his....but people are voting against Haltech specifically and others are applauding proposals that do not have Haltech listed as a captain. :idea:

Enough from me, Movieman's getting mad.
Vapor: Not mad at all. On a personal level I like you and always have.
Just as I wouldn't go and vote or post in a F@H thread, I thought you were wrong to do so here and I said that as politely as I could but this is a team vote and I thought you were wrong to post in it and definately wrong to vote in it and I stand by that.
Your comments on teabagging I tend to agree with. I'm 54 and had never even heard the term until I heard it here and I don't live under a rock.
It was funny the first 6 times and then just a bit too crude for even here but I shut my mouth on the issue.
Haltech deserves the shot and I'll stand by that one too.
None of us is perfect and when roused my temper is every bit as vicious as his.Don't beleive that, read the Baker Labs forum. There's a few there that given the chance I'd take them out and even in middle age kick the crap out of them for the way they slandered the XS team. Asked one of their Nazi mods there if he lived in the eastern US as I'd like to get together with him and "discuss" issues. That post got deleted faster than you can blink.
Back to Haltech, he's got brains and balls and those are both good qualtities and I doubt that he would go outside this forum and say something that would make XS look bad. What you miss about him is that he cares for this place every bit as much as you and I do.

Movieman
09-21-2006, 01:14 AM
I suggest you guys redo this poll..Nothing personal, but it wasn't done right.
Take the names of the guys INDIVIDUALLY and list them so there is nothing misunderstood. I have no doubts the final tally will be the same but this way there will be no doubts.
Like the team, do it right and do it clean and no one can say a word.

[XC] leviathan18
09-21-2006, 01:21 AM
serve yourselve make the poll as you think it should be

[XC] riptide
09-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Well guys.... its a good job we have a poll then isn't it. So that we can see the numbers. And at this point its 24 - 4 I think FOR HALTECH & LEVI. I'm sure everyone knows that if they didn't want either of the 2, no matter how much they liked the other, they would vote no. So i think the team has reasonable spoken up to this point.........

The second concern is people saying that Haltech would not have a ways with words. When one is given a position of respect, one will always conform to acceptable somewhat diplomatic behaviour with the personal flair of course. I believe his position in his private life, ironically, would ask more leadership qualities from him in a day than asked from most of us in a year.

Vapor- I will refrain from using the word teabagging furthermore for only one thing... fear of been banned. The only reference to that word, for the short term will be XTT.

And yes you are right.... a PM would have been the best way to go. It's not nice to be called out like this.

About the lounge you mentioned .. I thought the rule was there are no lounges to be mentioned. ;)

[XC]thewildblue
09-21-2006, 01:45 AM
Hmmm, the Teabagging issue. I dont understand why its ok to use in the lounge but not in the open DC forum. There are still members of a certain ages that have access to these places.

My view as its all tongue in cheek whats the problem. I mean we all have sayings for things and I dont see why this particular term is nsfw as most people dont know what it means. For example movieman said he didnt know what it meant and he is hardly untravelled ( hope you dont mind me saying this Dave). So its not exactly common knowledge.

It makes me laugh out loud when the term is used and it also brings the team together as a bit comradrie (sp). Maybe it shouldnt be used as freely, but we either use it in and out of the Ls or not at all.

Just my views on it.

Jose
09-21-2006, 01:49 AM

(assuming the position. expecting serious t******ging to commence)

Edit: Removed obscene reference

Hey Meshmesh : With those two as captains (Lev and Hal) you will have a job: Official handler and dispenser of tranquilizers; master of the stun guns and of tanquilizer darts. :)

meshmesh
09-21-2006, 01:58 AM
the only issue here is the number 1 team is 3 times more pwerfull than us and the advantage is hughe, so we need to start looking for the most efficient crunchers in this project start experimenting with the stock client maybe in some cases yields better results we need even 1 point per day more so we need to start looking for evey advantage we can take without cheating , we should infiltrate in easynews forums if they have to see how they crunch what they have crunching and try to take all the info we need to become the unstopable machine we were at rosetta.

Ok, agree. Now let us put that co captain issue to rest. The team has obviously spoken and majority are satisfied with this. (yes I started it, sorry:slap: ).

I am very sckeptical of the effectivness of the sigs and email campains. By all means, if anybody has any contacts in the main forum, go for it ASAP. That said, IMO, it will not yeild anywhere near the figures that we are looking for in terms of hardware power and even worse in terms of continuity on the long run. The best we will get is a temporary moderate boost and that's it.

What are we actually looking for? We crunch 750K UD credits per day. EN crunch 3.5 million and continuously RISING. We have an increasing deficit of ~900 million (?) So our target need to be in the range of 7 million UD credits (1 million Boinc credits) per day on standard Boinc client. It will take us ONE whole years to overtake their total, and get to number one (both in WCG and by consequence in overall Boinc) if we manage to sustain this 7 million UD credit daily output running standard Boinc client.

As for knowing your enemy, infiltrating, etc,... EasyNews (http://easynews.com) is not a team at all in the sense XS is, they are individuals crunching on their own and only when they get their machines on intermitently (no 24/7 here, me think). The problem is there is too many of them. See this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=113965) thread. The free (http://www.easynews.com/wcg/info.phtml) download credit which they claim based on their wcg CPU time contribution (http://www.easynews.com/wcg/)is what keeps their members going. very nice marketting/publicity tool.

I have tried to hint to an alternative solution three times so far, here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1714615&postcount=14), and here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1715431&postcount=30) and here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1723324&postcount=21). But if you read between the lines you understand the level of commitment needed to beat EasyNews at it's own game. It was pointed to me that this is highly unlikely. I still believe it is possible and maybe the only way out I can think of.

this is why im telling you guys we need ideas and more participation i know you guys are doing a lot just crunching but look at the stats we are struggling to be n2 in the dailys not even talk about n1 we need to stablish in the short term as n2 and start looking to get most out of our systems.... :toast:

Just so that everyone here are on the same wave length, I am talking taking on EasyNews in the UD stats not the Boinc stats. I am talking about returning more results per day than EasyNews. When we say 1 million daily credits, I mean BOINC credits not UD credits. Yes?

itznfb
09-21-2006, 02:05 AM
@Vapor and thewildblue;
i think we all agree about TB getting thrown around.

@Vapor;
i don't mind when someone not on the team comes in to chat, or when a mod comes in to lay down the law. but you said yourself you're not on good terms with DC, so why would you have any interest in who is the face of XSWCG?

[XC] riptide
09-21-2006, 02:21 AM
For example movieman said he didnt know what it meant and he is hardly untravelled ( hope you dont mind me saying this Dave). So its not exactly common knowledge.

I didn't know about it till I was the victim of one. Then somebody told me NOT to look it up! :rofl: Was mad at the start but I soon embraced its magic... :rofl:

itznfb
09-21-2006, 02:42 AM
@Vapor, that makes sense. but if you're going to vote here, then the rest of XSDC should as well. i think we agree it probably wasn't the best decision to place a vote, eventhough it really isn't that big of a deal. your opinion on the matter is valued in my eyes, but in the case of Haltech, i think in my thoughts; i was hoping he would be more of an internal captain, and levi would be our politician. i don't think anyone expects Haltech to go out there and be XSWCG's face man. and we have seen already, and blowups in the WCG forum will handled by their mods appropriatly.

meshmesh
09-21-2006, 02:53 AM
Guys, with all due respect, can we please put this to rest.
I feal gulty already starting this by my post. Should have voted in silence.
just let the poll do it's thing and move on. Sorry.

now, I responded to levi request for opinions. Is this something we feel maybe worth our time to discuss? Thanks.

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-21-2006, 03:51 AM
Sorry MeshMesh but this is a valid and welcome point. What you bring up is not a "stupid" point. It is a good point. There is 120 members the last time I looked and only 28 here have voted and they are not all members.
I still think it is to early to have a "lead councle" to represent the group.
What ever floats you all's boat. I am in it for the science part of it. I really don't care who is the capt and so forth. Halteck has a silver toung with a sharp edge. Big freaken deal. If he want's it go for it. I am known to put my :2cents: in were it is not needed.
Let every one be a co capt. just keep up the crunching.

itznfb
09-21-2006, 05:27 AM
i haven't read all the posts in this thread, but i have to say, i see a few people saying we don't need a captain. well, i think that is a horrible idea. we are growing pretty fast and there will be a breaking point of where things may get out of hand, and without a solid foundation to base this sub community on, and someone to maintain control and make final decisions based on the good of the team, without that this could fall apart quickly. the faster the team grows, the faster it will fall.

some have mentioned that there are over 100 people in XSWCG and only 28 voted, not all XSWCG members. i think this is one of our biggest problems. we need to get everyone in here actively discussing the main issues at the very least.

now imagine if 100 people WERE in here all with their own opinions debating these issues. how do you think that would work without a main voice and someone to take control?

i think not only do we need a captain, but this person should be able to somewhat moderate the WCG sub forum. which is why STEvil was an good suggestion in my opinion. i'm not sure if he would be interested or not though.

granted my ideas don't have an immediate need. but the team could easily grow beyond our control if a captain isn't already in place and established some authority. we should definatly be pro-active in this situation rather than reacting to a situation that is now out of hand.

bullet2urbrain
09-21-2006, 06:15 AM
before this gets put to rest.

I voted No. so I am one of the four.

Do I have any machines running WCG???? No I do not.

Have I been running DC Projects for a lil while ( not in comparison to twb and the like) Yes.

Why did I vote No..? Simple, there is no need for a captain or co-captains. This team is motivated, what is going to be the role of captains or co captains??? be ambassadors to the Poo Poo heads @ BoinC Synergy? or FDC and DPC? This team does its thing ( and this is said on all fronts whether its SoB,Hashclash,DIMES) and thats that.

my example (Sorry James). would be DIMES. Yes we have a DIMES captain, Yes he is one HECK of a guy and has DONE loads for development in DIMES, but where does that facilitate the need for a captain? Would he not have done it without being the captain??? i doubt it.

I just dont see the point anymore of having captains for each of our DC Teams.

As far as the team growing, let it grow, let it grow and blossom into the unstoppable force that is what makes XS so great. We dont need a "captain" to assist with new members, thats what we have Dave and Jose and everyone else for. We are a team and we should help each other as such.

Firechicken
09-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Put my vote in, you all know where I sit on that lol. I motion to kick this thing in the ass and get em into the drivers seat. 25:4 not going to get any smaller.

I want to let them run with it, Haltech seems to be the guy I work with on the floor, and we get the job done by 5:00 every day. They are both always here, put alot of effort into the project, and are up on the ins and outs of this very delicate language known to us a DC computing.

I think we'd be more than sfae and well minded to let em go at it.

M.

[XC] hipno650
09-21-2006, 08:10 AM
i posted in another thread and no one had any objection to starting this poll. and it was sujested that the format be the way it is however i am sry if i screwd this up as it is my first ever poll and i take full responsiblity for any screw ups that this poll abd thread has caused. however i do see a strong majority in favor of haltech and levi and i propose that if they still have over 65% of the majority but the end of the 4 days then they sould be the temporay leadership in place untill the end of this year.

the fact is that we need some organization and leadership!!!!!! all that we are doing know is sitting and chruching not trying to get the maximum possible people and yes some of us are trying to get other people to come but it would be more effective if it was organized!!!!! we also need to have cordinated events. what kind of events? i don't know thats why we need to have some leadership. i have tryed to get some things moving like this poll and a big day or something but i have gotten little support and some criticisem over my moves however i fell that a captian would be able to corodinate the team better.

:toast:

[XC]thewildblue
09-21-2006, 12:21 PM
I havent actually voted in this thread either as Im not active in WCG. But in a previous thread I did back the idea of Haltech.

So maybe we dont need a captain we have some XIPs in here who are very active on the DC front (hence why they became XIPs) and we also have 3 mods for the area, myself, Entity and Big Daddy NJKID. So if we need to sort out issue/problems we can manage it, if not the XIPs are more than capable as was shown in the rosetta forum.

Maybe its time we had a status that you reach in the DC world that gets you an award as such similar to be a captain but without the politics involved. Have a panel of 5 agree on who is to be awarded and go from there. No extras added but just the status......and just being a mega producer doesnt automatically get you in, neither does spamming the DC forums.

Again this is just an idea, let me all know what you think.:stick:

before this gets put to rest.

I voted No. so I am one of the four.

Do I have any machines running WCG???? No I do not.

Have I been running DC Projects for a lil while ( not in comparison to twb and the like) Yes.

Why did I vote No..? Simple, there is no need for a captain or co-captains. This team is motivated, what is going to be the role of captains or co captains??? be ambassadors to the Poo Poo heads @ BoinC Synergy? or FDC and DPC? This team does its thing ( and this is said on all fronts whether its SoB,Hashclash,DIMES) and thats that.

my example (Sorry James). would be DIMES. Yes we have a DIMES captain, Yes he is one HECK of a guy and has DONE loads for development in DIMES, but where does that facilitate the need for a captain? Would he not have done it without being the captain??? i doubt it.

I just dont see the point anymore of having captains for each of our DC Teams.

As far as the team growing, let it grow, let it grow and blossom into the unstoppable force that is what makes XS so great. We dont need a "captain" to assist with new members, thats what we have Dave and Jose and everyone else for. We are a team and we should help each other as such.

rob725
09-21-2006, 12:22 PM
We have an overwhelming majority. The dissenters have had the chance to say their peace and we have had dialog, which is all a good thing. When the poll was put up, it was to be for four days, which still gives any who've not voted a chance to do so.

Both Levi and Haltech are willing to take on this responsibility. Let's give them their chance. Sure Haltech's blunt, but that can sometimes be both refreshing and expedient. If it becomes a problem or anything else does, this is not irreversible and the team can come together to do whatever is necessary.

Let's get on with it, so we can move forward with our extremely ambitious goal of increasing our crunching power 8x.

bullet2urbrain
09-21-2006, 12:24 PM
I havent actually voted in this thread either as Im not active in WCG. But in a previous thread I did back the idea of Haltech.

So maybe we dont need a captain we have some XIPs in here who are very active on the DC front (hence why they became XIPs) and we also have 3 mods for the area, myself, Entity and Big Daddy NJKID. So if we need to sort out issue/problems we can manage it, if not the XIPs are more than capable as was shown in the rosetta forum.

Maybe its time we had a status that you reach in the DC world that gets you an award as such similar to be a captain but without the politics involved. Have a panel of 5 agree on who is to be awarded and go from there. No extras added but just the status......and just being a mega producer doesnt automatically get you in, neither does spamming the DC forums.

Again this is just an idea, let me all know what you think.:stick:

Well then i say give Levi and Haltech this status you have created... and lets go from there.

Martijn
09-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Well then i say give Levi and Haltech this status you have created... and lets go from there.
Sounds like a good idea to me as well!! :toast:

[XC]thewildblue
09-21-2006, 12:47 PM
I havent created any status, its just an idea and I wanted some feedback. Then if all looks good we can work from there.

Haltech
09-21-2006, 05:08 PM
My god people. Ok, LETS put this to rest... All of you who DO have a problem with me, be MAN enough to openly admit it from here on out.. I WANT to know who you are and WHY you have a problem with me.

If you dont think i have some sort of diplomacy, than you're sorely mistaken. If you must know, i do MOST of the mutual diplomatic aide for my dept. Yes. I talk to many hundreds of security officials worldwide. Leaderships skills exceed basically anything that the average person could ever imagine.

However, i will NOT kiss some Dr's ass when i know there is smoke being blown up our asses. This is the point of Rosetta. Dave ( MM ) is very patient. I let him do his thing because he can talk. I knew that the effort he put fourth to Baker would go unrecognized, but no one bothered to listen to me, not even Dave. It was hard for me to see Dave put some much damn time and effort into something that was a dead issue within the first week of the problem. I also know that it broke his heart in ways that a lot of you would never understand and the same goes for Jose.

Another point i would like to make is that we are ALL a part of XS DC... It doesnt matter what project you are involved with, we are ONE team with multiple projects. There is nothing wrong with people voting whether they crunch for another project. Most of us, know one another.. James probably knows me best out of all of the other DC'ers because we have been involved with multiple projects together. We have had personal conversations. Dave knows me pretty good, we have talked on many occassions. We may not see eye to eye on things, but we do respect one another... Vapor.. hmm, well he and have had it out ever since he became a mod. He doesnt like me and we dont get along.... i want that known right now. Im not about to kiss his ass or anyone else's...

Am i a good leader? Most certainly.. Can i do proper PR, exceptionally well.. Am i vocal? Yes, extremely, especially when my friends , XS DC Team AND XS Teamates are being exploited and disrespected. There isnt a person on this team i would not fight for, even you Vapor... I would give blood and the clothes off my back for you all...

If you have a problem with me, so be it.. But dont give me some sort of one liner bs because you think i cannot communicate. If i can represent the United States of America and do an exceptional job doing so, i pride myself to do the same for Xtreme Systems.. Always have and always will. Ive got that kind of loyality.

Levi is a great guy... Im sure he can handle the team.. So, its probably best that Levi is the captain and leave it at that. Ill go ahead and step down since there are 4-6 people who dont back me 100% for their senseless liberal views. If i dont have 100% of the team thinking i can do this, i dont want nothing to do with it at all. I said my peace.

itznfb
09-21-2006, 05:36 PM
i never said you couldn't do it, and i never heard anyone say they had a problem with you. things between you and vapor however should remain private, no one here needs to know.

Haltech
09-21-2006, 05:40 PM
i never said you couldn't do it, and i never heard anyone say they had a problem with you. things between you and vapor however should remain private, no one here needs to know

negative since this carries over from another thread...

Besides the fact vapor replied, than deleted his message if you didnt pick up on it...

Movieman: as me not doing any WCG work (nor will I ever), there is no respect due to me. Additionally, XSDC and I are not on good terms at all....if I could pull my vote back, I probably would.

I still have something to say, however.

Having Haltech, as he acts today, as an ambassador of XS is something I'm really against. Think about that guys....to some outside organizations, Haltech will be a face of XSWCG, is that what you want?

The fact that no one is hesitating about levi is a good sign for levi, I'm a fan of his....but people are voting against Haltech specifically and others are applauding proposals that do not have Haltech listed as a captain.

Enough from me, Movieman's getting mad.

I dont think any mod on XS has a right to run their mouth like this.

Movieman
09-21-2006, 05:41 PM
My vote: Levi and Haltech as co-captains..
And then lets get back to what we do best, helping DC projects, having some fun and OC'ing systems( ok, you guys do, I'm a stability dual cpu guy!:D )

rob725
09-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Ill go ahead and step down since there are 4-6 people who dont back me 100% for their senseless liberal views. If i dont have 100% of the team thinking i can do this, i dont want nothing to do with it at all.
I think this is wrong on two levels. First, 28 people think you have something to offer as co-captain and you seem to think so as well. If you think you can help the team and are willing to accept the responsibility, then you should do it. Secondly, it is not fair to demand unanamous consent, or to ask people not to voice their concerns during this process, which is the right time to do so, or when they do, charaterize them as senseless. This is what an elective process is all about; once this process is complete, then I would hope that everyone pulls together to get our shared goals accomplished.

Haltech
09-21-2006, 06:25 PM
I think this is wrong on two levels. First, 28 people think you have something to offer as co-captain and you seem to think so as well. If you think you can help the team and are willing to accept the responsibility, then you should do it. Secondly, it is not fair to demand unanamous consent, or to ask people not to voice their concerns during this process, which is the right time to do so, or when they do, charaterize them as senseless. This is what an elective process is all about; once this process is complete, then I would hope that everyone pulls together to get our shared goals accomplished.

Rob.. its the reasoning... To much bitterness from the Rosetta Chaos...

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-21-2006, 06:42 PM
This isn't Rosetta, Start fresh and lets end this and move on. We got crunching to go and do.

[XC] leviathan18
09-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Rob.. its the reasoning... To much bitterness from the Rosetta Chaos...

hey bro calm down most part of the team wants you and some are scared becuase they think they only way you are is the way you are here at forum hope you still want to be co capt :toast:

rob725
09-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I hear you. That was obviously quite an ordeal for everyone involved. You guys poured your heart and soul into a worthwhile cause and several of you got your hearts broken the process. It is only natural that things bubble up in the aftermath as sort of a healing process.

But the job you volunteered for is to help the lead the team out of that and into this and make this project one that eclipses rosetta. As a leader offline, you know damn well that an 85% vote of confidence is pretty overwhelming support. To fold up your tent at the first bit of adversity is little bit like what you rightly called Rammie out on. Just read the concerns, understand where they're coming from, and use them to help you do a better job. Surely they are not altogether surprising; you are very direct. I bet you pride yourself on it, but I also bet it has ruffled some feathers more than a few times. Everyone who voted for you knows that about you and thinks you'll do a good job. So do it (unless of course you don't really want to).

[cTx]Philosophy
09-21-2006, 07:05 PM
I think Levi and Hal would make an awesome team, levi does the soft talking, and when things get tough break out the big guns :P

Not trying to start anything just trying to help this thing get over with so we can move onto bigger and better problems...

LIKE..... toooo Easy News..

Movieman
09-21-2006, 07:11 PM
This isn't Rosetta, Start fresh and lets end this and move on. We got crunching to go and do.
Well said: Lets forget Rosetta and move forward.
We have a lot of building to do and every day the clock is ticking.
I would let this poll run one more day and unless someone is very troubled by it make these 2 guys the team co captains and move on.
Unity is what we need, a sense of direction and all headed in that same direction. I see one direction and it's name is EasyNews.
My thinking:
First get anyone and everyone you can in on this, plus any boxes you can bring. If we work on that we will be over the million a day.
Then go after the guys in the forum, state what we are after, show them the numbers and go from there.
An email to all members.
Meshmesh has a very good idea on a contest but thats his idea and he should be the one to post it.
There's a lot that we can do ourselves..
Think what one more box from each guy will add!;)
Today I have 4 on WCG, tomorrow that will be 5 and maybe #6 by the end of next week.
It's cool now guys, time to warm up the houses at night!

Firechicken
09-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Haltech no your not stepping down, we havnt had someone with your talents and ability to not bend over to smoke and mirrors into a leadership position in from what I can tell. You will do a fine job, I dont know you but anyone that can come out and speak what is on his mind then go out and act in the best intrest of a team another is born to lead.

I dont think Haltech will have any bit of trouble stoping to listen to any of us if we dont like the way he may be going about somthing in fact I think this is the kind of guy we would want, he wants to hear it from you (us)(me) if we dont like it, and he's not afraid to tell you what he is thinking and then ask everyone you have a better idea? great lets talk.

Yes I think we have had a good three weeks of going through this and time to put them into action, if no one objects I or maby someone would like to put up a thread announcing them as our new team captians, and get this wagon rolling with a team captian party at my house!:D :toast: :toast: :banana:

[XC] hipno650
09-21-2006, 08:47 PM
haltech stays!!!!!!! there are 31 people (so far) that think levi and haltech will turn this team in to what it needs to be. we need tehm to get the ball rolling and help us to get active!!!!! it time to kick it up a noch!!!!!!! i just brang the tank (p3 650, 320mb ram) back online after giving it a rest after shuting down rosetta on it. and hopefully by tomorow i will have a p4 2.4ghz northwood up.

lets show the world what we can do and i think that haltech and levi are the best people to be leading us!!!!!

Movieman
09-21-2006, 08:49 PM
OK, Machine #5 is up and running on my account..another DX2000..
Lets go guys and make some numbers!:toast:

rob725
09-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Added a 2.4ghz p4 lappy a few days ago. Have an athlon 2.4 waiting for my attention and a celly practice dummy en route. Unfortunately, work is about to gobble up my time for the next week and a half, so I may not get these up 'till then. Couple weeks after that I hope to be ss'n a kentsfield if I can find one.

Movieman
09-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Added a 2.4ghz p4 lappy a few days ago. Have an athlon 2.4 waiting for my attention and a celly practice dummy en route. Unfortunately, work is about to gobble up my time for the next week and a half, so I may not get these up 'till then. Couple weeks after that I hope to be ss'n a kentsfield if I can find one.
Then get off the forum and get that Athlon up and running my friend!
Where's my whip?:cord:........Oh I am bad!:p:

rob725
09-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Then get off the forum and get that Athlon up and running my friend!
Where's my whip?:cord:........Oh I am bad!:p:

Slavedriver! :D

Movieman
09-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Slavedriver! :D
What? Your still online?:eek:
:cord: :cord: :cord: :cord:
WHEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!
Lets go crank so many results for WCG that they are scratching their heads and just like that scene in the movie Butch Cassiday and the Sundance kid..Remember Paul Newman looking from behind the rocks at the guys following him and Redford and saying:
Who are these guys?

[cTx]Philosophy
09-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I cant wait for a bit more cash to come my way so I can bring a few more rigs online

The 2.9 opty needs a HD cd rom and some kinds vid, mouse and kb
Kids c needs mouse kb
Athlon xp needs a ton..

But eventually ill have them all up and running..

the kids are happier than sheets there all gonna have a pc in their own room :P

Wife loves the idea too, If they only knew.... :devil:

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-21-2006, 10:39 PM
the kids are happier than sheets there all gonna have a pc in their own room :P

Wife loves the idea too, If they only knew.... :devil:

That is exactly what I am trying to do....Wow warpped minds think alike :woot:

itznfb
09-22-2006, 02:21 AM
i just got my 2nd C2D in last night, its not up yet though.