PDA

View Full Version : Projects disappear?

[XC] Duc
09-20-2006, 04:29 AM
A few days ago I added Leiden Classical as a project on my DX that was running WCG. Both are set to 50% usage, both are running fine.... at least I thought so.When passing the computer, I noticed that temps were way down and the cpu's were idling, opened up the BOINC manager and guess what: both projects had disappeared from the 'projects' tab !!! After shutting down and restarting BOINC, everything was fine again. This has happenend about 4 times now, at irregular intervals, the shortest interval a few hours and the longest more then a day. BOINC manager switches between projects without any probs until out of the blue it just stops working and gets rid of the projects.
I'm sure it's not the rig or the overclock on the rig itself because I had D²OL running on it for days in a row without probs, I had WCG running days in a row without probs, it really just started after the Leiden Classical project was added to the BOINC manager.

Anyone had simular probs when running more then one project on the same rig?

Ps: I run the non-optimized BOINC...

[XC] Duc
09-25-2006, 11:57 AM
It happened again... came home from work just now and found the rig idling away. Projects disappeared from the manager again, had to restart BOINC and everything was fine. Noticed once i restarted BOINC benchmarks were running, so it could be something connected to that? I'm clueless right now :(

Martijn
09-25-2006, 12:06 PM
It happened again... came home from work just now and found the rig idling away. Projects disappeared from the manager again, had to restart BOINC and everything was fine. Noticed once i restarted BOINC benchmarks were running, so it could be something connected to that? I'm clueless right now :(
Had the same problem... 5.4.11 I guess? :slap:

I moved to 5.4.9 and had no problems whatsoever any more :)

[XC] serlv
09-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I've seen that, too.

Did you notice that when that happens, if you look up in the title bar of BOINC Manager you'll see () next to the words BOINC Manager, instead of -localhost.

[XC] Duc
09-25-2006, 12:25 PM
@ martijn

Yep, I'm on 5.4.11... so switching back to 5.4.9 would fix things?

@ serlv

never paid attention to it... just restarded BOINC, already lost more ten 8 hours of crunching time :mad:

Martijn
09-25-2006, 01:09 PM
@ martijn

Yep, I'm on 5.4.11... so switching back to 5.4.9 would fix things?

@ serlv

never paid attention to it... just restarded BOINC, already lost more ten 8 hours of crunching time :mad:
I guess so, It never locked up or threw the project out of BOINC whilest I was using 5.4.9 :)

[XC] Duc
09-25-2006, 02:07 PM
I guess so, It never locked up or threw the project out of BOINC whilest I was using 5.4.9 :)
Thanks, I switched to 5.4.9, let's see how she handles for a few days :)